• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake - TGS 2019 - new info from the recent live streaming (battles, skills, Materia, Summon, and more)

Alfen Dave

My biggest concern right now is the ''tough skin'' boss enemies who rarely stagger even after your hits landed.
I wished enemies would stagger more to your attacks.

D.Final

Banned

Great shots.

o3YnwUS.jpg

It's like I'm seeing a "Who could play Barret in a Live Action FFVII movie" YouTube thumbnail.

Fucking A', Square.

Great Barret :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

It will be really great to relive all the epic events of the Final Fantasy VII storyline.

D.Final

Banned
That ifrit summon was amazing. Him doing Hellfire was crazy. I bet that does mega damage.

Can you imagine Knights of the Round in this engine? I hope they do it, but in the original game it was a long animation.

It will be made in an equally exceptional way :messenger_smiling:

And I can't wait to see it :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Green_Eyes

One thing we haven't seen yet that I'm worried about is world/town interaction. They can't forget that this is an RPG first and foremost so immersing yourself in the games world/universe is the main purpose; I'm hoping it's not just a linear, basic interaction with the setting/s.

D.Final

Banned
One thing we haven't seen yet that I'm worried about is world/town interaction. They can't forget that this is an RPG first and foremost so immersing yourself in the games world/universe is the main purpose; I'm hoping it's not just a linear, basic interaction with the setting/s.

I think they will make a map, of the city of Midgard (more or less) openworld, eventually.

So you can visit all the Mako reactors in the city, and see all the facets of the city.
(and thus also creating several new areas never seen before)

And that puts me even more Hype :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Belmonte

I will probably play the game in action mode since I doubt the turn based mode had as much attention from the dev team as the action, but I appretiate the inclusion a lot.

Will be easier to not compare to the original so much when playing in action mode also. I'm trying to not judge FFVII Remake by the original, since it is almost untouchable to me.

Pejo

I'm glad so many are excited about the game, but it definitely doesn't look like it's for me.

It's hitting Dragon Age 2 tier of "press A to awesome". The fights are too long, everything's too flashy. I just personally don't like AI controlled party members like this in RPGs. All of that flash and pizazz, and it's mostly just the game playing itself, which was a big complaint i had about the FFXIII and XV battle systems.

The graphics are undeniably good, the character models are mostly good, and there certainly are a lot of visually appealing moves. Seems hollow thus far though. I will give them the benefit that the game is still in development and we haven't seen much outside of battle so far.

kyoji

i figured SE would make a turn base mode, now i wonder what people will complain about next? good news for turn base fans non the less.

Ishma3L

Has there been any indication that this will be headed to the PC after making a debut on PS4?

….This looks really, really good.

stickkidsam

Has there been any indication that this will be headed to the PC after making a debut on PS4?

….This looks really, really good.
No confirmation of anything outside PS4, but it was announced as a "PS4 first" title so it's possible that we could see it on PC eventually... maybe.

i figured SE would make a turn base mode, now i wonder what people will complain about next? good news for turn base fans non the less.

People will complain that the characters are moving rather than standing still in "Classic" mode. To me it's the same concept, only in 3d movement instead of 2d, but people are afraid to evolve with the times.

stickkidsam

People will complain that the characters are moving rather than standing still in "Classic" mode. To me it's the same concept, only in 3d movement instead of 2d, but people are afraid to evolve with the times.
Some people just enjoy different quirks of different genres; they don't need to "evolve", ya know? I'm personally stoked about the combat for the remake but I understand why some would've liked the OG combat to stay. Silly as it may look to have characters lined up and taking turns attacking a monster, it's got an almost tabletop charm to it.

There's a saying, I can't remember exactly what it is right now, but it something like "evolve or get left behind" or something along the lines, but it rings true to me.

That is looking pretty damn sweet.
Also with the remake...

#Let people revive Aerith because Tifa smells like trash
# Have Sephiroth Kill tifa and Yuffie instead
#I'm right and you're wrong because science and Aerith best girl.
#Tifa has garbage fetish and is an ugly bitch. Worst girl.

Aerith - Waifu Material
Yuffie - Underage Era Waifu
Tifa - Dumpster baby. Landfill residient Waifu.

Edit: While Aerith I would love to bang all the time, I would still bang Trash Tifa. I ain't picky and standards just get in the way Also moraility and ethics. Puttin pussy on a pedestal is a big no no.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

Sometimes people in the world should take what they are given for good.
Without having to always ask for something else, which, being the creator of the project, is not interested in creating.

Internet users will always want to find a reason, even an invented one, to complain about something.
Whether it's a game, a book, or a movie, or a thousand other things.

I even saw people complaining about Aerith's feet in the last trailer........

This is why I wonder if the world would be a better place without the internet.
(this saying generalizing)
[since it depends on who uses the tools of today's society, deciding whether to use them in constructive or destructive ways]

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I do really love how great this looks, especially the lighting and particle effects. Unreal 4 has been an utter beast for Japan HD game development and how much talent that is blooming.

The future is fucking awesome <3

Dacon

Banned
That is looking pretty damn sweet.
Also with the remake...

#Let people revive Aerith because Tifa smells like trash
# Have Sephiroth Kill tifa and Yuffie instead
#I'm right and you're wrong because science and Aerith best girl.
#Tifa has garbage fetish and is an ugly bitch. Worst girl.

Aerith - Waifu Material
Yuffie - Underage Era Waifu
Tifa - Dumpster baby. Landfill residient Waifu.

Edit: While Aerith I would love to bang all the time, I would still bang Trash Tifa. I ain't picky and standards just get in the way Also moraility and ethics. Puttin pussy on a pedestal is a big no no.

This might be the worst post I've read in months lmao.

kevin_trinh

My only concern is how long will it take for them to finish the game. I dont like to play for some time then wait for another 2 or 3 fking year to play the next part, then wait another 2,3 year more....

And my wallet too, each part is 60$, imagine if it have 5 parts....300$ for 1 fking game?

My only concern is how long will it take for them to finish the game. I dont like to play for some time then wait for another 2 or 3 fking year to play the next part, then wait another 2,3 year more....

And my wallet too, each part is 60$, imagine if it have 5 parts....300$ for 1 fking game?

Have you played Xenosaga? How about FFXIII trilogy? Same concept.

stickkidsam

There's a saying, I can't remember exactly what it is right now, but it something like "evolve or get left behind" or something along the lines, but it rings true to me.
You can also preserve the past though, ya know? Old concepts don't need to die; sometimes a new coat of paint can be enough to revive it (having a massive audience helps).

It just didn't happen for the Remake this time. Not that I'm complaining

Sometimes people in the world should take what they are given for good.
Without having to always ask for something else, which, being the creator of the project, is not interested in creating.

Internet users will always want to find a reason, even an invented one, to complain about something.
Whether it's a game, a book, or a movie, or a thousand other things.

I even saw people complaining about Aerith's feet in the last trailer........

This is why I wonder if the world would be a better place without the internet.
(this saying generalizing)
[since it depends on who uses the tools of today's society, deciding whether to use them in constructive or destructive ways]
It's nice to be grateful for what you've got but there's no reason people can't wish for something else. We're talking about a video game. They're literally a fantasy lol

The internet is alright. It's just moving too fast. MASSIVE technological progress with shit tons of culture shock...

D.Final

Banned

I think that at least 5 or 6 years will be needed to make the whole plot (between classic things and completely new things) and the whole game world of Final Fantasy VII Remake.
(and maybe even more)

It depends on many factors, including:

- will the subsequent "sections" of the project use the Unreal Engine 4?
If so, then they can reuse many of the basic character models, and their basic battle animations.
While, if it were not so, it would mean a change of Engine (to Unreal Engine 5), which in turn would require just as much time to be learned, and to create new models on it.

- how will sections of the game world be managed?
Will it be Openworld as Horizon Zero Dawn?
Or will they be managed in a linear fashion?
Or in macro areas?
This must be decided by them.
[For me, it would be better to do it directly openworld. In this way you can create an entire game world (to manage a storyline up to the end of the first CD of the original game), and then take up the basics of that open world, and further enrich them with remarkable additional and new extra things for the next one and last part. (if the project will be divided into three)]

These are the first and most important points that will need to be clarified on the management of the project.
Since once this will been clarified, they will be able to carry out in a more targeted way everything they want to do in the project, that is to say to propose all the classic things and mix them with completely new elements of the plot.

As for the price, it depends on your point of view.
For fans, like me, it's not a problem at the end.
Because I know that they will all be sections of a big project made with incredible quality.
But this is my point of view.

Last edited:
A trilogy is a trilogy, its content 3 fking different game. Are you telling me Dark Soul trilogy is a game that split to 3? Do you even know what a trilogy is?

Yes, but you don't apparently, so let me teach you. FFXIII and Xenosaga and even Star Wars or Lords of the Rings is one whole story split in 3 smallers one thus forming a trilogy. Haven't played Dark Souls yet so I can't comment on them, but a trilogy doesn't necessarily need to have a coherent story, nonetheless a trilogy can be either or. Hope you learned something today.

stickkidsam

A trilogy is a trilogy, its content 3 fking different game. Are you telling me Dark Soul trilogy is a game that split to 3? Do you even know what a trilogy is?
Well considering each game will be adding more content and likely new gameplay mechanics, the Remake "trilogy" would still fall under your definition then. Halo was a narrative arc split into 3 parts. It had gameplay that stayed largely the same over those 3 parts.

What's the difference between that and the FFVII Remake? Are you saying a pre existing story can't be broken up into a different narrative arc and retold in a more detailed fashion?

D.Final

Banned
You can also preserve the past though, ya know? Old concepts don't need to die; sometimes a new coat of paint can be enough to revive it (having a massive audience helps).

It just didn't happen for the Remake this time. Not that I'm complaining

It's nice to be grateful for what you've got but there's no reason people can't wish for something else. We're talking about a video game. They're literally a fantasy lol

The internet is alright. It's just moving too fast. MASSIVE technological progress with shit tons of culture shock...

Having wishes about something is fine.
The problem arises when that desire becomes a request, even an invented one, to have from the project.
(also by those who are not really interested in this project)
For the sole purpose of, precisely, to complain about something.

And unfortunately those who complain without a real reason, do it just for fun, or for other reasons.

Having wishes about something is fine.
The problem arises when that desire becomes a request, even an invented one, to have from the project.
(also by those who are not really interested in this project)
For the sole purpose of, precisely, to complain about something.

And unfortunately those who complain without a real reason, do it just for fun, or for other reasons.

Some people are arrogant enough to think their vision is superior than the creators (multiple brains working together seeing the bigger picture of what most people want + their original story) and the game should cater around them, selfishly prioritizing their desires and fuck the rest of the world. If people want a game that meets their desires, they should create it themselves, see how many people will prefer their vision vs the team creation.

Ironically these same people are usually the same sheep following the herd when it comes to reviews, where were all these "turn based" complainers when every Zelda game was getting perfect scores across the board? If that's the only gameplay element that they require, then where's this turn based Zelda game? Yes I'm aware Zelda was originally an adventure game, regardless we are talking about gameplay mechanic people seemingly cant live without.

Let the development team do their jobs and create their vision, people will adapt afterwards just like they did with Zelda.

Last edited:
Top Bottom