• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| - The Reunion is coming

Moogle11

Banned
I'm not going to belabor the point any further as I think it's been made clear. If I think there is some interesting news relevant to the game I want to share that isn't worth a brand new thread, I'll be posting it here and you can blow your whistle all you want.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but, for my two cents, I lean more toward the OP's stance. I prefer it to be more like GAF before the split, or ERA now, where the OTs are pretty much just people chatting about the game they are playing and mostly pretty positive discussion as it's mostly people largely enjoying the game enough to keep playing and wanting to chat about it online. OT threads are a great reprieve from all the negativity and hostility on game forums that come with all the social/political issue threads, console warring over sales numbers etc.

The other benefit is I think it's good to have dedicated threads for things like news about copies sold for a big game like this, or something like DLC announcements etc. Even if it's also touched on within OTs, it's better to have more visibility for news so everyone sees it and not just those actively participating in the OT still. In general, GAF in it's current form is lacking as a gaming news aggregator, which was one of the main strengths, and why I lurked, back before the split. One way to get back to that is to have people making threads for smaller news items like copies sold for big releases etc. Makes the site more useful and helps drown out all the console warring threads.

But again, not a big deal and a mod/admin can sort out what kind of rules an OP can put on their OTs.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Is there any spoiler thread for the game? Just finished and I'm confused lol.

Yes.

And you can always talk freely about the game here even in this OT.
(always following the rules of this conversation, that have been written in the first post of this OT)
But always keeping in mind to cover the messages that talk about big spoilers
about the game.
(with the forum tag spoiler)

Last edited:

Manji Uzuki

Is there any spoiler thread for the game? Just finished and I'm confused lol.

If you have some time and you like podcasts I recommend listening to the easy allies spoilercast about FFVII remake. I found it very interesting and they explain lot of stuff and theories about the ending.

Btw I'm currently at the end of chapter 12 in hard mode and this game combat system really shines when playing in this mode. Some boss battles and even some normal fights really force you to start using different strategies and be more aware of all skills and materia combinations you can use.

I usually don't replay games but I think I'm enjoying more this second run in terms of gameplay.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah hard mode absolutely rules. like i will get into a boss fight that kicks my ass and i have to play over and over. i switch up my materia in between attempts, i figure out new strategies, etc. then each attempt i get closer and closer to victory before finally winning. i can always figure out a way to do better, using just the tools at hand, and imo that's the sign of a good combat system.

D.Final

Banned
yeah hard mode absolutely rules. like i will get into a boss fight that kicks my ass and i have to play over and over. i switch up my materia in between attempts, i figure out new strategies, etc. then each attempt i get closer and closer to victory before finally winning. i can always figure out a way to do better, using just the tools at hand, and imo that's the sign of a good combat system.

I just wish for actual areal combo...
One of the weak points of this battle system, unfortunately

Traxtech

I just wish for actual areal combo...
One of the weak points of this battle system, unfortunately

I thought so too until i realized Tifas Unbridled strength makes her normal hit combos longer and adds kick ass aerial hits which she can sit in the air and spam constantly. I only found this out 10 hours from getting the platinum like a dingus hahaha

Traxtech

In regards to the game itself, it's a 11/10 for me and hit the right notes. I do hate the camera when it comes to in-air combat though and wish the normal mode was harder, but in saying that it makes so much sense because it gives you a false assumption that you are going to fly through hard mode... until you get stomped by something silly and have to put your game face on

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This happens when you meet people who are totally ignorant of the will of how a user, with a lot of effort and commitment, tries to keep a clean conversation on a videogame.

If you violate the rules, I'll report you to the moderators.

And i assure you that I will not hold back after your highly disrespectful and zealous behavior towards what is the method in which I wanted to build this OT with commitment and passion.
(for the sake of readers and users, an asset that you yourself decide to arbitrarily ignore for your exclusive personal interest)

Chill, dude. You’re the only one derailing this thread.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought so too until i realized Tifas Unbridled strength makes her normal hit combos longer and adds kick ass aerial hits which she can sit in the air and spam constantly. I only found this out 10 hours from getting the platinum like a dingus hahaha
They really could have used more in-depth battle tutorials. There are so many people who have no idea how to use Tifa properly. I didn't understand what her deal was until about 20-30 hours in.

D.Final

Banned

Unfortunately this not resolve the problem with the, almost or basically, absence of the areal combo.
(and the enemies lock-on, and camera problems too)

Last edited:

wzy

Yeah. I think it also alters her grounded combo but Tifa with Elemental Wind attack materia just completely destroys fliers.

wzy

Random stuff I've found related to materia combinations and character builds:

• The Parry materia puts you into a state that makes grab attacks completely whiff. Any of the enemy attacks in the game that inflict Bind status can be completely avoided this way. Any weapon ability that keys off of blocked damage, as well as the Steadfast Block materia, will apply its effects to parried attacks. Enemies that trigger "recoil" animations when attacked from certain angles (notably shield users) can be freely attacked with parry, which will often inflict special "stunned" animation when it connects.
  • Deadly Dodge paired with HP Absorb is surprisingly effective on weapons with super high physical attack stats. In general, your physical and magical attack stat have an enormous impact on which builds are effective and which are not for that specific weapon. You can easily fashion a "Dark Knight"-type of character build for Cloud using this combination that relies on draining HP to stay alive.
  • Since Enemy Skill abilities do not require MP, they work very well with Cloud's Mythril Blade, which grants a large boost to magic attack when MP is full. Paired with HP Absorb, Algid Aura becomes a free Regen spell which is possibly even more effective at keeping him healed up.
  • Melee Barret is a near-invincible god of battle who can solo most encounters in the game. Both Parry and Deadly dodge slotted into Wrecking Ball grant him dodge moves with hyper armor, with the latter being an incredible multi-hit spin attack that easily fills both ATB and his charge meter. With First Strike and ATB Charge materia, he can simply open up with Maximum Fury--even with a melee weapon--to clear out flying and out-of-reach enemies. Overrun itself behaves almost exactly like parry, albeit with much more damage.
  • Breach combined with the Warding materia appears mostly useless since practically the only enemy in the game that inflicts instant death is Tonberry. However, the Enemy Skill Self-Destruct ability also inflicts this status (as opposed to just dealing fixed damage equal to the character's max HP as it was in previous games), and is likewise nullified by Warding materia. This protection is inconsistent, however, if the Warding materia is not mastered. It also stacks with Reprieve. In both cases, HP Absorb works as expected by healing the character for a percentage of damage dealt.
  • The "Stop" status effect prevents the stagger gauge from depleting. It's not as useful as it sounds due to so many stronger enemies having hard limits on how much damage you can deal before triggering a cut scene or phase change, but it's extremely effective at killing Behemoths and other high-tier enemies in a single maneuver.
  • Silence is actually far better in Remake than it has been in prior Final Fantasy games. It doesn't merely prevent enemies from casting spells, but rather forces them to go through the entire animation and charge time of whatever spell is in their AI routine before causing the spell to fizzle at the very end. Some enemies can be pressured this way, and all can be severely damaged with no risk of leaving yourself open if you go all out while they're casting a silenced spell. You can also silence enemies during their cast animation to disrupt the spell.
  • Cloud has several unique interactions with different bosses. Against Reno, if you dodge backwards when he dashes past you during the first encounter with him, you'll surprise him with a backflip that vaults you over and behind him. I've not seen anything else like this with any other enemy or encounter in the game. Triggers a pressured state. Against Rufus, the Triple Slash ability separates Rufus and Dark Star and prevents them from being able to cover eachother.
  • If you plan to use the "Refocus" limit break, set that character's limit break to Level 1 in the Battle Settings menu. The limit gauge is unaffected by the Refocus materia, but it will fill up faster when set to Level 1 than Level 2. If you don't plan to use the Refocus limit break, slot the materia anyway. It's stat bonuses are better than some Summon materia.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

Random stuff I've found related to materia combinations and character builds:

• The Parry materia puts you into a state that makes grab attacks completely whiff. Any of the enemy attacks in the game that inflict Bind status can be completely avoided this way. Any weapon ability that keys off of blocked damage, as well as the Steadfast Block materia, will apply its effects to parried attacks. Enemies that trigger "recoil" animations when attacked from certain angles (notably shield users) can be freely attacked with parry, which will often inflict special "stunned" animation when it connects.
  • Deadly Dodge paired with HP Absorb is surprisingly effective on weapons with super high physical attack stats. In general, your physical and magical attack stat have an enormous impact on which builds are effective and which are not for that specific weapon. You can easily fashion a "Dark Knight"-type of character build for Cloud using this combination that relies on draining HP to stay alive.
  • Since Enemy Skill abilities do not require MP, they work very well with Cloud's Mythril Blade, which grants a large boost to magic attack when MP is full. Paired with HP Absorb, Algid Aura becomes a free Regen spell which is possibly even more effective at keeping him healed up.
  • Melee Barret is a near-invincible god of battle who can solo most encounters in the game. Both Parry and Deadly dodge slotted into Wrecking Ball grant him dodge moves with hyper armor, with the latter being an incredible multi-hit spin attack that easily fills both ATB and his charge meter. With First Strike and ATB Charge materia, he can simply open up with Maximum Fury--even with a melee weapon--to clear out flying and out-of-reach enemies. Overrun itself behaves almost exactly like parry, albeit with much more damage.
  • Breach combined with the Warding materia appears mostly useless since practically the only enemy in the game that inflicts instant death is Tonberry. However, the Enemy Skill Self-Destruct ability also inflicts this status (as opposed to just dealing fixed damage equal to the character's max HP as it was in previous games), and is likewise nullified by Warding materia. This protection is inconsistent, however, if the Warding materia is not mastered. It also stacks with Reprieve. In both cases, HP Absorb works as expected by healing the character for a percentage of damage dealt.
  • The "Stop" status effect prevents the stagger gauge from depleting. It's not as useful as it sounds due to so many stronger enemies having hard limits on how much damage you can deal before triggering a cut scene or phase change, but it's extremely effective at killing Behemoths and other high-tier enemies in a single maneuver.
  • Silence is actually far better in Remake than it has been in prior Final Fantasy games. It doesn't merely prevent enemies from casting spells, but rather forces them to go through the entire animation and charge time of whatever spell is in their AI routine before causing the spell to fizzle at the very end. Some enemies can be pressured this way, and all can be severely damaged with no risk of leaving yourself open if you go all out while they're casting a silenced spell. You can also silence enemies during their cast animation to disrupt the spell.
  • Cloud has several unique interactions with different bosses. Against Reno, if you dodge backwards when he dashes past you during the first encounter with him, you'll surprise him with a backflip that vaults you over and behind him. I've not seen anything else like this with any other enemy or encounter in the game. Triggers a pressured state. Against Rufus, the Triple Slash ability separates Rufus and Dark Star and prevents them from being able to cover eachother.
  • If you plan to use the "Refocus" limit break, set that character's limit break to Level 1 in the Battle Settings menu. The limit gauge is unaffected by the Refocus materia, but it will fill up faster when set to Level 1 than Level 2. If you don't plan to use the Refocus limit break, slot the materia anyway. It's stat bonuses are better than some Summon materia.
quoting this in case anyone missed it or just scrolled past it. really good stuff here my dude! i didnt know about most of this and ive got like 140 hours into the game lol

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ghoul in the Train Graveyard is kicking my butt on hard mode. i have revival earrings on everyone, but he keeps killing me. sometimes it is all three of us at once. ah! any tips here?

Last edited:

TTOOLL

Ghoul in the Train Graveyard is kicking my butt on hard mode. i have revival earrings on everyone, but he keeps killing me. sometimes it is all three of us at once. ah! any tips here?

How is your materia setup? HP Up on everybody? Maybe even 2 if they're not max level. Did you use assess materia on him? Pay attention to the colors, I think red makes him invulnerable to magic attacks and blue to physical attacks. Also, don't ever let you HP stay below 60%.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
does HP Up stack? i tried two and it didn't seem to stack. Aerith has Magnify on a Max Fire and that does a lot of damage. but i find it hard to get his stagger on. last time i was able to stay alive until i just had Tifa, and she ran out of MP, and i was unable to revive anymore.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
does HP Up stack? i tried two and it didn't seem to stack. Aerith has Magnify on a Max Fire and that does a lot of damage. but i find it hard to get his stagger on. last time i was able to stay alive until i just had Tifa, and she ran out of MP, and i was unable to revive anymore.

I think it should stack up to 100% benefit.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
im still struggling with the Ghoul but i think i just need to get my character switching down at this point. knowing which phase is physical and which phase is magic seems paramount.

also just wanted to note, it took me 50+ hours to beat the game the first time around. right now i'm on chapter 11 of Hard Mode, skipping cutscenes and just gameplay alone, and have already racked up another 25 hours. by the time i get to completing everything i will probably have close to 90 hours.

not bad! im very satisfied with the amount of content in this game. also i plan on replaying a third time, this time watching all cutscenes again, to experience the story a second time.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Any way to defend against the Ghoul’s stun lock? Feels like whenever he is in physical form, I run up to attack him, and he does this aoe attack and my character just freezes in place with electricity buzzing around. Is this an attack I can dodge? Or counter w material setup?

You can manage around it with character switching but it seems though to do anything to avoid it.

Update: Fuck this is some tough shit. I just tried again and ran ahead with Cloud and he hit me with 4 attacks in a row that I could not break out of and instantly I died and used up my revival earring lol. getting Dark Souls boss feels rn.

Update 2: finally, victory!!! Arcane Ward doubling up my fire casting helped a lot. Finished the fight with Ray of Judgement and it felt so good :)

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
im still struggling with the Ghoul but i think i just need to get my character switching down at this point. knowing which phase is physical and which phase is magic seems paramount.

also just wanted to note, it took me 50+ hours to beat the game the first time around. right now i'm on chapter 11 of Hard Mode, skipping cutscenes and just gameplay alone, and have already racked up another 25 hours. by the time i get to completing everything i will probably have close to 90 hours.

not bad! im very satisfied with the amount of content in this game. also i plan on replaying a third time, this time watching all cutscenes again, to experience the story a second time.

I got the platinum trophy in 79 hours.
And I found it quite simple to get, to be honest.

Furthermore, I think that in general the secondary contents are few and often low-quality, of the fetch quest genre, more classic than ever.
And if you add to this the general copy and paste made in 90% of all the battles of the coliseum and the 2 Shinra simulators ...
You will get the classic homework at the most sufficient, like find my kittens, just like contentment to technically say that there are, despite the low commitment by the team to make them.

Any way to defend against the Ghoul’s stun lock? Feels like whenever he is in physical form, I run up to attack him, and he does this aoe attack and my character just freezes in place with electricity buzzing around. Is this an attack I can dodge? Or counter w material setup?

You can manage around it with character switching but it seems though to do anything to avoid it.

Update: Fuck this is some tough shit. I just tried again and ran ahead with Cloud and he hit me with 4 attacks in a row that I could not break out of and instantly I died and used up my revival earring lol. getting Dark Souls boss feels rn.

Update 2: finally, victory!!! Arcane Ward doubling up my fire casting helped a lot. Finished the fight with Ray of Judgement and it felt so good :)

I haven't had much difficulty in the Hard mode of this game.
(Only 2 Game Over, once against Helhouse on hard mode, and once against Bahamut + Ifrit always on hard mode)

Generally quite simple as a "Hard" mode, exactly like all the game itself, once you are careful not to abuse the magic too much.
(for the game's random enemies, on hard mode, it was quite simple to never use it against them)

And against that Boss from Chapter 11, I beat him on the first try in hard mode. (and using only physical attacks)

D.Final

Banned
Guys, tips for behemoth fight on hard, in the Shinra simulator?

I'm being shred to pieces.

Try to start the battle with the characters with at least 6000 hp.
Use a character to attack it from the front side, and at the same time distract it, from the front while the other characters attack from the sides.

Use barrier on the character you use most often to distract him.
And often change characters in battle to allow enough time to heal your main attacking character. Help speed up the action with Haste, and if you get stuck use the Energira All magic on the team, with your character with more magic power.
And often attacks to speed up the crisis.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Try to start the battle with the characters with at least 6000 hp.
Use a character to attack it from the front side, and at the same time distract it, from the front while the other characters attack from the sides.

Use barrier on the character you use most often to distract him.
And often change characters in battle to allow enough time to heal your main attacking character. Help speed up the action with Haste, and if you get stuck use the Energira All magic on the team, with your character with more magic power.
And often attacks to speed up the crisis.

How many HP up orbs are in the game? So far I have 2, one four stars and one 2 stars. All my characters are level 50 but only Cloud exceeds 7000 up.

I'm starting to think maybe I should go do some chapters in hard in order to level up materia.

D.Final

Banned
How many HP up orbs are in the game? So far I have 2, one four stars and one 2 stars. All my characters are level 50 but only Cloud exceeds 7000 up.

I'm starting to think maybe I should go do some chapters in hard in order to level up materia.

You can buy the HP UP Materia from various Materia shop of the game.
(all the HP UP Materia you want, but always taking into account how many you want (or can) equip)

And you can easily train them by replaying the game chapters.
Take advantage of it to train all the most useful Materia you wish train.
(even for unlocking the Bahamut Summon materia, if you haven't unlocked already)

This way you can easily keep your entire team above 6000/7000hp.
(and also reach 9999 if you want)

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You can buy the HP UP Materia from various Materia shop of the game.
(all the HP UP Materia you want, but always taking into account how many you want (or can) equip)

And you can easily train them by replaying the game chapters.
Take advantage of it to train all the most useful Materia you wish train.
(even for unlocking the Bahamut Summon materia, if you haven't unlocked already)

This way you can easily keep your entire team above 6000/7000hp.
(and also reach 9999 if you want)

I barely bought materia in my entire first run, besides the ones from Chadley. Guess it's time to go shopping :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Nymphae

Banned
Any word on whether there'll be any side content for PSVR? I'm guessing it was doubtful to begin with, but now with Corona...

This is not a "general" conversation on Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Is a conversation about the game, game experiences, game opinions, advice, help, and unparalleled opinions, and stop.
Everything else, like sales, ideas, comparisons with other games, news conversations, free spoiler, or sequel discussions, are all Off-Topic conversations here.

Sorry your question sounds off topic as per the strict OT rules and will potentially derail this thread. You may have already been reported, think about how your contributions affect the ongoing discussion next time you post friend.

I'm a little late to the party but I wanted to give my impressions thus far. I want to say I'm about halfway through the game or so (halfway through, i guess, chapter 9).

This game has been a real mixed bag for me so far. There's times where this is one of my favorite games of the generation and there's also been a couple times where I thought if this game is actually for me or not.

For the most part it looks fantastic. Really some of the best character models I've ever seen - for main characters at least. Boy oh boy do pretty much all NPCs look bad and not just the super generic NPCs but a lot of the ones you interact with. Anyway, the main characters/enemies/summons all look incredible.

The combat has been one of the biggest highlights so far. When you have three characters going at it with multiple enemy types, it gets really fun. The problem is I'm about 15 hours into the game and maybe about 3-4 of those hours came with a full party. It works pretty well with 2 characters, and not so well with just one. There's been way too much time in this game spent not fully utilizing the combat system due to not having a full party. I assume I'm close to the part of the game where that won't happen much more.

The main issue I have, like others is the superfluous padding. Obviously I still have a bit to go, but I think that most of the added stuff has only been decent. I keep seeing people say how much depth it adds, but the only thing I know more about any of the characters that I didnt know at this same point in the original is Jessie's dad is in a coma and Jessie was an actress. which are completely inconsequential (so far). I don't think more equates into depth. It just seems like pretty much everything overstays its welcome.

There was the scene with the motorcycles on the way to get the explosives that was cool for the first 5 minutes. There was another 10 or so more minutes of the same shit and it got boring even with the goofball on the motorcycle who I assume is being setup to save Cloud and company when escaping Shinra HQ - DOPE FORSHADOWING BRO. The worst offender so far was the entire sequence leading to the second reactor. Hey let's walk through samey looking tunnels in a straight line for a half hour then turn off switches for giant light bulbs with an incredibly generic easy to get lost in environment before we even get to the reactor. So fun.

Having said that, overall I enjoy the game more than not, it's just the things I don't like are very glaring. The story changes are ok so far, nothing has really annoyed me or made me excited. The ghostly flying bits of foreskin come off as being more lame than intriguing so far, but I'm not writing them off yet.

Last night I finished the coluseum in wall market which has been probably the best part of the game so far. Overall if I were to grade it now at the halfway mark i would give it 7.5-8 or so,

#Phonepunk#

Banned
hard mode Reno & Rude fights in Ch 12.... anyone got any tips? i paired Elemental with Lightning but dang.... these guys have twice the health they did in normal mode.

D.Final

Banned
hard mode Reno & Rude fights in Ch 12.... anyone got any tips? i paired Elemental with Lightning but dang.... these guys have twice the health they did in normal mode.

Use Haste and Barrier. Keep HP high and win easy even in hard mode.
And if you want to heal quickly, use Energira All, or the ability pray of the Materia.

Also, focus on defeating first one and then the other, focusing all attacks on one.
(I chose Reno first, and then Rude, just because he can use the pyramid ability, and it can make you waste time)

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Came across my first glitch in the game. I was in a fight and it was just Aerith and Cloud and Aerith revived Cloud and simultaneously was killed as she revived Cloud. When my Cloud came back I was unable to do anything with him but run. His ATB bar never moved, every button I hit did absolutely nothing. So I had to stand there and let him be killed to end the battle.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
You can put them to sleep
Thanks I will try this. I keep dying over and over. I get to that third phase and then they do that double AOE and kill me. Every damn time

haha holy shit I killed Reno and Rude shot some heat seeking golden shit that killed everyone goddamnit.

Sleep tho, that’s the ticket to stopping the double attack

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Finally, I won. So during the part where Reno is out and you have to take down the helicopter, I used Barrett to heal and stack everyone with barrier. Then I cast sleep as soon as that third phase with both of them started. Put Reno to sleep and had everyone pounding on Rude. He doesn’t use lightning so you can use Punish mode up close and block for free hits and ATB on him. Also I threw bio on them both and used sleep a few times. Real crazy fight but damn that felt good to win!

Shouta

I just had the realization that the FF7 Remake battle system is just the Trials of Mana, and to a lesser extent Secret of Mana, system with Materia. :messenger_grinning_sweat: It has some important differences but the way it flows is pretty much the same even down to issuing heal/spells to your companions being the best way to go about it since they're dumb as dirt, lol.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just had the realization that the FF7 Remake battle system is just the Trials of Mana, and to a lesser extent Secret of Mana, system with Materia. :messenger_grinning_sweat: It has some important differences but the way it flows is pretty much the same even down to issuing heal/spells to your companions being the best way to go about it since they're dumb as dirt, lol.
Yup. It's one of the reasons I liked it so much and was hyped and impressed when the Trials of Mana demo dropped.

D.Final

Banned
Came across my first glitch in the game. I was in a fight and it was just Aerith and Cloud and Aerith revived Cloud and simultaneously was killed as she revived Cloud. When my Cloud came back I was unable to do anything with him but run. His ATB bar never moved, every button I hit did absolutely nothing. So I had to stand there and let him be killed to end the battle.

I hope that they can resolve this kind of glitch with a future update

D.Final

Banned
Finally, I won. So during the part where Reno is out and you have to take down the helicopter, I used Barrett to heal and stack everyone with barrier. Then I cast sleep as soon as that third phase with both of them started. Put Reno to sleep and had everyone pounding on Rude. He doesn’t use lightning so you can use Punish mode up close and block for free hits and ATB on him. Also I threw bio on them both and used sleep a few times. Real crazy fight but damn that felt good to win!

Great

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Anyone notice the nod to Better Call Saul when Wedge(voice actor who plays a Breaking Bad character) says “s’all good, bro”

Anyway, on chapter 14 in my first playthrough. I read that Reno and Rude had accessories to steal that you can’t get until much later so I made that battle waaaaaaaay more difficult than it was by trying NOT to kill them so I could steal from them, and I was able to do it, in fact, I literally stole the item from Rude a split second before Tifa killed him, right at the buzzer.

..... then I find out you can just buy the damn things like 20 minutes later in town.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Anyone notice the nod to Better Call Saul when Wedge(voice actor who plays a Breaking Bad character) says “s’all good, bro”

Anyway, on chapter 14 in my first playthrough. I read that Reno and Rude had accessories to steal that you can’t get until much later so I made that battle waaaaaaaay more difficult than it was by trying NOT to kill them so I could steal from them, and I was able to do it, in fact, I literally stole the item from Rude a split second before Tifa killed him, right at the buzzer.

..... then I find out you can just buy the damn things like 20 minutes later in town.
I assumed they were unique items and did the same thing. At least I was able to save a few thousand gil by not having to buy a third one

Sign

Accidentally killed Rude the first time after stealing from Reno. Second time, forgot to scan. Third time was the charm. With being said, I enjoyed the fight quite a bit and really like the Turks in this game compared to OG.

"I'm a consummate Professional"

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I finished it. I posted my thoughts in the spoiler thread. Starting hard mode this weekend.

In summary: I loved the gameplay graphics, way they imagined Midgar, etc. Even really liked the combat system.

But I didn't like the changes to the story thus far. Not just because they're different, but because it's different and lame. I just hope those changes don't totally divert this story to make this an unrecognizable experience overall.

But I didn't like the changes to the story thus far. Not just because they're different, but because it's different and lame. I just hope those changes don't totally divert this story to make this an unrecognizable experience overall.
This is one of the main problems I have so far (I'm almost done with chapter 14). The changes have been meh so far and the additions don't really serve any purpose other than lengthening the game. When I was going around turning giant lamps off it didn't give me further appreciation for the story. When I was saving Wedge from failed experiments it just showed something the original game showed but the OG game did it in a way more straightforward poignant way

Top Bottom