• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Preview: new recap vid for part 1, dynamic difficulty mode, characters, images

Go_Ly_Dow

More at the link > https://www.square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-preview-remake-recap-video

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH launches in just a few short months on February 29, 2024 and we’re excited to be able to show you more about what to expect.

But, before we look at where we’re going, what about where we’ve been? We’ve just released a ‘Story So Far’ recap video, which will also be viewable from the game’s main menu.

Narrated by none other than Red XIII, it retells the events of FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE - perfect if you want a refresher ahead of the new game, or plan to dive right into the series with FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH.

New dynamic difficulty mode
Easy” difficulty allows people to focus on the story rather than battles, while “Normal” provides a reasonable challenge for most players. In the newly added “Dynamic” difficulty, enemies grow stronger as your characters do - perfect for players who crave constant challenge.

Regions of the world​

The world is comprised of multiple regions, each boasting unique environments for you to explore and experience on your adventure.

Let's take a look at a couple:

01_ff7rebirth_SS_1117_World-6wcewgkgb.jpeg

04_ff7rebirth_SS_1117_character-cyrb4onb3.jpeg

05_ff7rebirth_SS_1117_character-uxij5ldet.jpeg

EN_07_ff7rebirth_SS_1117_battle-czce7ulnm.jpeg

EN_04_ff7rebirth_SS_1117_World-zoxrqjcsp.jpeg

F_I3yVGWQAA74hO

F_I3qD3aUAAtekR

Feb 29th can't come soon enough!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Easy” difficulty allows people to focus on the story rather than battles, while “Normal” provides a reasonable challenge for most players. In the newly added “Dynamic” difficulty, enemies grow stronger as your characters do - perfect for players who crave constant challenge.

Nice. Give me my story difficulties so I can focus exploration and avoid the grind!

Last edited:

Outlier

Nope. Not looking at anything for this game, until after it releases.
FF7R is great and have good hopes for Rebirth. No spoils.

Reactions: Dis

Dynasty8

In the newly added “Dynamic” difficulty, enemies grow stronger as your characters do - perfect for players who crave constant challenge.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Finally they give us an option other than brain dead difficulty.

Good on having dynamic. Im not doing a new game + of a game I just poured 100 hours just to play on hard. Looking at you ffxvi.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yeah, my most anticipated title for next year right here.

Dynamic difficulty is a really nice addition.

Last edited:

SCB3

Avoiding all I can before release but its looking to be something special, I absolutely love the Original and remake so cannot wait for this, even pre-ordered the CE for it

I should go back and finish my hard mode playthrough sometime

GrayDock

I really hope they make a new Mechanical Arts of the Highwind, my original one is in need of a replacement...

F_I3qD3aUAAtekR

Not that I'll dispose of my old one, they will be placed side by side...

Tygeezy

How does the levels work? Are we starting off at level 1 again? Are we able to continue where we left off level and gear wise? If that's the case, what happens to the people that either skipped part 1 or played it on a different platform (pc)?

Pagusas

Elden Member
I really hope they make a new Mechanical Arts of the Highwind, my original one is in need of a replacement...

F_I3qD3aUAAtekR

Not that I'll dispose of my old one, they will be placed side by side...

anyone found a super high resolution version of this yet?

Go_Ly_Dow

I went ahead and made a super ultra wide 8k version (as I'm using a 57" Samsung G9, needed this for my wallpaper like its 1997 again :)

linking to my reddit post as our image uploader here wont accept the big jpeg lol

Awesome looks good. :messenger_fire:

I cannot get enough of this game.... please please don't delay it

I'd be surprised if they did at this stage. Leaving it a bit late!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Im tempted to wait for the pc release after what they did with FF16 but I loved the first part and this one actually gets into the good parts.

Mercador

I haven't played FFVII remake yet, any version, is it the good time to get that going? I'm not too sure which version is what (I want to keep me spoilers free -- yes I played FFVII original one). Thanks!

Go_Ly_Dow

I haven't played FFVII remake yet, any version, is it the good time to get that going? I'm not too sure which version is what (I want to keep me spoilers free -- yes I played FFVII original one). Thanks!
Intergrade version which is the enhanced version of the original PS4 release available on either PS5 or PC. The 60fps mode is excellent on either platform.

My body is ready. I keep it on normal the first time I play and beat it. Unless they’re so much side quests that I feel like I’m over level and it getting easy. Which I thought was happening the first time I play ff7ReMake. But it would have some all of sudden crazy spike. But most of that was too cause I just didn’t know how to attack or when to attack and which material to use. After 1 or two times have it down pat.

SkylineRKR

FFVII R normal mode was challenging enough first time as you weren't fully decked out. It was a more difficult game than the original for sure. Hard mode was obviously made for level 50 and you could even skip all the rail sections in the game then. Materia like Pray and Absorb became much more useful on Hard.

I think i stick with Normal for Rebirth too. Scaling isn't something I like. I want to feel more powerful when I went out of my way to grind levels and have an effective build.

I have faith this Normal mode will suffice unlike FFXVI.

Go_Ly_Dow

FFVII R normal mode was challenging enough first time as you weren't fully decked out. It was a more difficult game than the original for sure. Hard mode was obviously made for level 50 and you could even skip all the rail sections in the game then. Materia like Pray and Absorb became much more useful on Hard.

I think i stick with Normal for Rebirth too. Scaling isn't something I like. I want to feel more powerful when I went out of my way to grind levels and have an effective build.

I have faith this Normal mode will suffice unlike FFXVI.
XVI was far too easy for sure. I don't need From style difficulty in an FF but something like Persona would be good - which has several difficulty options and increasing challenge as you progress into the game, especially on the boss fights. This is a step in the right direction and hopefully this dynamic difficulty mode is well thought out.

Mercador

Intergrade version which is the enhanced version of the original PS4 release available on either PS5 or PC. The 60fps mode is excellent on either platform.
Would I miss something from the new "version" that way or it covers everything? Thanks!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m excited, and hesitant at the same time. FF7 Remake ending killed a lot of my interest in these. It was some stupid Kingdom Hearts bullshit.
I mean if your issue is that they changed story and it’s not 1:1 remake then you are going have the same problem with Rebirth.

They made it perfectly clear the FFVII Remake was not actual “remake”. That title was chosen for story reason.

SkylineRKR

The story is for the worse but at least I absolutely don't know whats going to happen. They hint at some radically different things but it could be bait and switch.

If this was 1:1 then there was little room for interpretation. The question is if you would want that, esp. since the games comes out in multiple parts over about a decade.

Top Bottom