• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 12 new jump scan

Ronok

By golly I think you got it! We're all afraid of turning gay!

My point being that you shouldn't really give a crap if they look like a girl or not. v_v

It's hard to accept a guy who looks like a 108 pound, 15 year old girl as a heroic figure who's going to save the world with his sword arm? Square's main character has the same design every fucking time (except with clones, now)?

Better then a 300 pound 15 year old who's going to save the world with his.......... I dunno, what would a 300 pound 15 year old use? o_O

Ark-AMN

Banned
just the sheer thought of the vast amounts of yaoi art/fanfics that will spawn from this travesty is mindblowing.

lethial said:
Rumor has it that Square-Enix is scrapping the Final Fantasy monicker for Androgenous Fantasy. Thoughts?

prettyboy.jpg

Better then a 300 pound 15 year old who's going to save the world with his.......... I dunno, what would a 300 pound 15 year old use? o_O

How about a (slightly) younger Kathy Bates with full body armor and a battle axe? I'm tired of Gaia bullshit with generic anime characters. If everyone important in the story was similar to the older characters in Final Fantasy Tactics it would be awesome.

What are there, two people in this thread that aren't making fun of this crap?

Ronok

Hahahah! I just realised I hadn't even looked at the in game picture yet........ How on earth is there anyone thinking that is a girl? XD Seriously, it just looks like a young boy... Seriously, how can there be any doubt over this? o_O

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Ronok said:
Hahahah! I just realised I hadn't even looked at the in game picture yet........ How on earth is there anyone thinking that is a girl? XD Seriously, it just looks like a young boy... Seriously, how can there be any doubt over this? o_O

I don't know about you, but when I was a young boy I wasn't dressing as Mr. Puffy Pants and making sure my hair looked right. I was playing in the mud and other "young boy" things.

I will say though, GAF is the only forum where the looks of male characters have been discussed so heavily for the past week. :lol

callous

Jesus Christ. Vaan is so freakin' fruity looking, he's affecting my anticipation levels for this game (in a negative manner). being a JaPaNoPhIle, I can usually take just about anything, but Vaan is just too fucking much.

Argh.

Ronok

I don't know about you, but when I was a young boy I wasn't dressing as Mr. Puffy Pants and making sure my hair looked right. I was playing in the mud and other "young boy" things.

I'm also pretty sure you weren't born in the world of Ivalice. :-/

Ceb

All the ORIGINAL comedy material in this thread is HILARIOUS. No, really, keep it up guys...

-_-

erefen

ashe13pt.jpg

ashe21pc.jpg

ashe34av.jpg

Yeah, the boy is preppy - but more than anything he looks sly, a bit mischievous. All in all it's gonna be nice to see a teenage main character who doesn't have the strength of the gods.

Miburou

Man, reading these replies you'd think all the male characters in the game looked like Gackt, with makeup and shit.

Ronok

Looked like Gackt........... You mean like Squall?...... Hmmm interesting....... I don't think they would reuse a character... That would be a bit confusing....... :-/

trmas

Banned
Holy crow I love Square, but this thread is comedy gold. I've got tears from laughing so freaking hard...

erefen said:
ashe13pt.jpg

ashe21pc.jpg

ashe34av.jpg

Yeah, the boy is preppy - but more than anything he looks sly, a bit mischievous. All in all it's gonna be nice to see a teenage main character who doesn't have the strength of the gods.

Based on that alone, I forgive Square for Vaan, and eagerly await FFXII's release.

Scott

Kakusha said:
Thanks. :)

And I can't say I see where the confusion is coming from. Kid looks like a boy to me, both in the CG, and more-so in-game... Even just by looking at the screen at the top left, I don't see how anybody could possibly be confused about the kid's gender.

But then again, I can't say I was ever confused by Vaan's either, and I never found Tidus to look womanly either, despite everybody clamoring about how he's Meg Ryan's twin... *shrugs* I'm just not a total moron, I guess.

Top Bottom