• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 11-17

Dahbomb

So who would you guys like to see take Marvel at Evo?

I'd love if Combo or Marlin took it. Both have non standard teams that I've to see make it.
I would love to see Abegen take EVO just for the hilarity.

Real talk I want FChamp to win EVO. He is the near perfect mix of a player with strong fundamentals, defense, reads, execution, ability to download, knowledge of the game, tech with characters, team synergy and mastery of characters. He is the complete Marvel player and the 2 players right behind him are MarlinPie and ChrisG. But I would never bet against Justin "Marvelous" Wong and wouldn't mind him taking EVO either if he puts in the work.
Are their any known japanese marvel players that are coming for sure? The one that won the last major isn't attending is he?
There are some that are coming, I think Abegen and Chou are coming along with a few more. Chou is the biggest Japanese threat to EVO IMO and even Viscant named him as top 10 players to watch for EVO.

US AE SBO quals are going to happen on June 30th. It's 3v3 so I expect an EG team (Justin, Ricky and Floez) and Cross Counter (Champ, Combofiend and Ross) to be top contenders.

I rather have Justin, Ricky, Mike on one team since they did pretty well at ECT.

But also expect a team Utah to show up with Strider 801, Iperu and whoever that third guy was. John Choi and Hsien Chang will probably team up as well. It would be cool if we get a Hisen Chang, John Choi and Alex Valle team as well.

P.S Only 50% of the Airfare is covered by Super Arcade (and I don't think SBO is covering the other 50%). Fuck SBO!

http://shoryuken.com/2012/06/14/cur...dings-east-coast-dominates-top-seeds-for-now/
wow these standings are so inaccurate they don't even give Noel his 50 points for his Season's Beating's win.
LOL?

27seP.png

What's funny right now is that Mike Ross is trending on twitter lol. There must be another Mike Ross but still it's funny
edit: Okay reading the tweets Mike Ross is apparently a character on Suits.

that was last week during E3. The two dudes couldn't walk like 5 minutes without someone stopping them for pictures or telling them how much they love the duo.

one dude even offered the idea of making a mike ross and gootecks action figurine duo.

Top Bottom