• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 25-31 | Gather Around The FGW Family Tree

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

motivated6lk05.gif

Already put to use

jbug617

Banned
I think this is the Top 8 for Marvel

Winners:

Ray Ray vs J Rosa
Flux vs Coach Steve

Losers:

Yipes vs Cloud
K-Brad vs Cosmos

Dahbomb

I wonder how Chris G feels right now. Maybe it's time he switched his team? I feel like everyone studied it too well.
Nothing to switch, he plays the best team in the game. I haven't seen the matches but usually he loses for doing random character switches and trying out stuff mid tournament. From the way he talks and the way plays he is probably looking at replacing Vergil with Strider because he does not like how his Vergil gets opened up for free these days.

Vice

I wonder how Chris G feels right now. Maybe it's time he switched his team? I feel like everyone studied it too well.

It seems that he's just been messing around with his side teams more often. On stream yesterday he nearly lost due to using one of his side team until the last match.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Rei's gor got opened up quick. He could have had it if he stopped dropping stuff and punished the more obvious stuff :/

Also shielded more

Nothing to switch, he plays the best team in the game. I haven't seen the matches but usually he loses for doing random character switches and trying out stuff mid tournament. From the way he talks and the he plays he is probably looking at replacing Vergil with Strider because he does not like how his Vergil gets opened up for free these days.

Yeah, on commentary earlier he was saying he really likes playing Strider/missiles even if he doesn't know how to do much with Strider yet. Apparently he was bodying people with that off stream.

Even if his team is the best one, it makes sense for someone in his position to learn some side teams so he can switch if a player or matchup gives him trouble.

smurfx

get some go again
Cloud

For those of you thinking I practiced for this match lol I didn't only Thing I practiced was the zip zip mix up and that's it I played no nova players or spencer players or doom players since it was announced I didn't even watch and study his vids.

haha cloud didn't even bother properly training for or even watching videos for his match.

El Sloth

Banned
Coma should have bit the bullet at the end there and sacrificed the chance for Vorpal and done a guard cancel to get Carmine off of him. Carmine is too scary once he has you blocking in the corner. Waiting for Vorpal felt riskier in that situation. Would have been different if he had more health.

Edit: He also had 200 meter, which meant he had the chance to do an EX Kuuga afterwards to quickly apply pressure after resetting things to neutral.

Rhapsody

Banned
I feel like I should keep Eltnum as a sub. Being a low tier hero with Nanase is fun though. Just sucks that most matchups for her are losing ones.

El Sloth

Banned
I feel like I should keep Eltnum as a sub. Being a low tier hero with Nanase is fun though. Just sucks that most matchups for her are losing ones.
You really think Nanase is low tier? I don't know where I'd put her, but I don't she's a bad character (Byakuya either).
And I'm not just saying that because you beat me, like, 30-2 with her that one time.

Rhapsody

Banned
You really think Nanase is low tier? I don't know where I'd put her, but I don't she's a bad character (Byakuya either).
And I'm not just saying that because you beat me, like, 30-2 with her that one time.
I feel like she might be third worst, but not in the same tier as Akatsuki or Chaos.

She has some things that helps her get off and look good. It's just that everyone else can do crazier and better things. I'm just good at picking out habits since Nanase has to just outplay opponents.

Byakuya to me isn't too bad. I feel like he's somewhere in B as well. He gets vorpal rather easily but characters in A or S can really shut down his playstyle.

Top Bottom