• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 25-31 | Gather Around The FGW Family Tree

its really bad and im laughing at the idea of "unlimited DLC"

I remember that!

i went to the website, is that dante after he tries meth? or is it hipster dante thats poorly misunderstood by society?

I bought it and made a stream on the game then uploaded it on youtube. The devs banned my youtube account just because there was a bug in the video and they didn't autorize video of bugs on the web... But they never said it in the mail they sent us saying "you can stream/make video". We managed to solve this but these guys are nuts.

Oh and I reviewed the game (french sorry : http://www.gamekult.com/jeux/test-death-cargo-J3050293819t.html#pc ) and it's not good, the main problem being a complete lack of interest in gameplay since all characters have the same movelist.

Mr. X

man how could the magic series be introduced in savior wasnt that in like 1997? didnt hunter/the first one/CoTA have it as well? now you got me wondering what the first game to have normals cancellable into other normals is.

Oops my bad, I totally forgot which Vampire was first.

@Capcom rereleasing old arcade titles on Nescia

YES! YES! They finally did something I wanted! Please let 3S be arcade perfect (or just fix the crashes like Ken neutral throw KO on Makoto freeze) because it would be nice to have 3S on something other than CPS3 boards. Hopefully they get to other CPS3 games like Warzard and JJBA.

yeah bbcp does this and it works pretty wonderfully. you can burst at the expense of using overdrive and therefore trade potential offensive advantage/damage to get out of a combo/nasty mixup situation. its a very important resource and the it could be well into the second round or so that you would regain your burst/overdrive if you were to do it early .
Gundam/EXVS does something similar. You build meter through out the match and then you can trade it for more offensive power and a super or stock more of it and use it to as a guarantee escape from any of opponents combos or supers. Bandai made it even more like Arcsys burst mechanic in Incarnates by causing including a hard knock down into burst activation. Gundam leaves opponents open to a hard punishing reversal since there is no knockdown.

Oops my bad, I totally forgot which Vampire was first.

Chains appeared first in COTA but not the different versions of the magic series if I remember correctly. It was mostly weak to strong. The first Vampire didn't have chains if I am not mistaken. It was a kind of SF2 system with freaks. :)

Mr. X

Burst are cool if they can be baited and the resource has an offensive use to it so you have make a trade off.

Guard Crush are awful mechanics.

Mr. X

Chains appeared first in COTA but not the different versions of the magic series if I remember correctly. It was mostly weak to strong. The first Vampire didn't have chains if I am not mistaken. It was a kind of SF2 system with freaks. :)

I'm looking around and it says Vampire/Night Warriors was the first game to introduce the magic series (94). This was the 6 button chain combo (LP LK MP MK HP HK).

casperOne

It's still early, I'm on westcoast been busy playing Ys. What's up?

That looks like Marvel, hidden missiles and level 1 Phoenix super.

At first I read Iron Man and thought "this is awesome, they're doing a triathalon" and then was supremely dissapointed.

Glad to see that the Twitch initative for St. Jude's is going well though.

Ooo I wonder what I miss. Anyway.

WECG 2014 will have a Global Challenge USFIV tournament in Seoul, Korea on Sept 20-21. $15,000 pot prize for top 8 and WECG Finals Tickets for Top 3. Xiaohai and Infilitration confirmed

http://m.wecg.com/gc/gc_seoul_usf.php

3/5 for pools with 160 people max registrants? That's going to take forever.

If only we got an Alpha 3 re-release on console :(

Mame it up.

@Capcom rereleasing old arcade titles on Nescia

YES! YES! They finally did something I wanted! Please let 3S be arcade perfect (or just fix the crashes like Ken neutral throw KO on Makoto freeze) because it would be nice to have 3S on something other than CPS3 boards. Hopefully they get to other CPS3 games like Warzard and JJBA.

I can't say how happy this makes me. The fact that they are collecting win/loss data too is a huge plus. It's not new IP, or even a new iteration on an existing IP, but it's good to see some love given to these games.

Edit:

It's Hyper Fighting? WTF?

Anne

Quick PSA, KiT Registration is up and is only $25 dollar venue fee for this week. Sep. 1st it goes up to $35, so register now if you're planning on attending ^^

Grakl

Sakurai said he wouldn't do DLC.

No he didn't.

PN: In all your games, and especially in Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash Bros, the amount of game content is very important, with sometimes hundreds of hours of game.Why do you always put so much content in your games?Is it because you are not really fond of DLCs and instead prefer to have access to a complete game right away?

Sakurai: Oh it's not that I dislike DLCs, it's just that I don't really have time to think about it.I'm too busy working on the game and put as much content as I can. The goal is to give a full and interesting game to players.

I'm not opposed to DLCs on principle. I really liked the Fallout 3 DLCs for example.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=603986

Infinite

Read another interview that said he prefers to offer a complete package and get the game right the first time around. Whatever tho

kirblar

Read another interview that said he prefers to offer a complete package and get the game right the first time around. Whatever tho
The AI figures are essentially DLC, so the dam's already broken. Hopefully they do it for Smash/MK8, simply because Nintendo actually needs the truckloads of money it would bring.

Sakurai and his team of Nintendo Ninjas will be coming for these leakers, no doubt about it

tumblr_nah1zsqmZT1t3dm50o1_500.jpg

shoutouts to playing both sides of LA Machine Guns at once

remist

Quick PSA, KiT Registration is up and is only $25 dollar venue fee for this week. Sep. 1st it goes up to $35, so register now if you're planning on attending ^^

Was looking at some info for this and noticed that you have 6 streams planned for the event. Awesome for viewers. Kinda disappointed UNIEL isn't a main game, but other than that it's looking like a pretty hype event.

Pretty crazy leak this morning. I am not surprised at all to hear that the leaks last week were real. They would have been very difficult to fake.

Anne

Was looking at some info for this and noticed that you have 6 streams planned for the event. Awesome for viewers. Kinda disappointed UNIEL isn't a main game, but other than that it's looking like a pretty hype event.

Thing with UNiEL is we started planning this forever ago and honestly didn't count on UNiEL having a huge impact. If it stays strong and there's demand for it, I'll see what I can do to have it there in some capacity but no promises. The schedule is pretty tight as is and I can only do so much ;_;

Yay! What's the yen price for PSN?

Edit: Koopalings confirmed yes

Should be 6980 yen

Veggy

Hey guys, a few things I wanted to clear the air about regarding VSFighting 4

1. Stream problems - The venue did come with an internet connection, but when we tested it out the internet speed turned out to be horrendous, and sadly had to resort to 4G dongles. We tested these dongles the day before the event and it was all looking fine, but on Saturday for whatever reason the dongles refused to connect to 4G and would give us 3G only. Might have been wifi interference or something but fortunately the Capcom stream managed to get their dongle working eventually later on during the day, the other 2 streams were not so fortunate. For whatever reasons the streams seemed ok on Sunday when we used the other location (giiiiiiiiiiiant ass screen movie theatre) with the same dongles. Needless to say as awesome as the venue was (especially being in a movie theatre for top 8's) the internet situation just isn't acceptable really so I personally would not want to use it again

2. Top 8 losers matches being played off stream due to tournament delay - The tournament was running on schedule for the most part on Saturday, and then towards the end.....one fucking player ruined it for everyone (who I have NO problem with naming and shaming).

Long story short, this player (GUNSLINGER X) lost his match in winners side, but tells the judge in charge that he himself won the match, so when the player that actually won made his way and told the judge "hey, my name is "..." I won my match" the judge assumed he meant his losers side match. So imagine the tournament continuing like this for a few hours until the player that beat Gunslinger X finally lost a match, he obviously assumed he is now sent to losers bracket, but when he was told he is out of the tournament since he is already in losers, thats when everyone realised

So we spoke to the players affected (since essentially, all those matches shouldn't have happened) on what happened and we (VSF Staff) had to discuss what the best solution is for the bullshit that just got dropped on us instead of getting much needed sleep (I had a combined total of 4 hours sleep between Friday 1pm until now, I can finally get some sleep in an hour)

So Sunday morning we gathered all the players that it affected and told them what we thought was probably the best solution for them and everyone agreed on it

Reset the bracket

Thats the reason we fell massively behind schedule and had to sadly omit many losers side matches from top 8's streams, funnily enough commentating TTT2 and UMvC3 was the most relaxing thing I did that weekend lol. But yeah, I hope it was worth it in the end Gunslinger X since your now banned from most UK tournaments

Ideally it shouldn't have happened in the first place as we usually had judges watching the actual matches and keeping tabs, but we we're stretched pretty thin and he obviously took advantage of that

Again, apologies for the issues, the internet will not be a problem next year (pinky swear) and we will just have to learn and improve for next year!

Anne

Okay, so parts 4 out of 5 of Omex's P4U2 primer are done, the only thing remaining is the Shadow mode video. If you are interested in playing P4U2 Thursday, these are all things you should probably know so check it out. I'll post here, but I actually don't know which Persona thread to stick it in, there's like 94 of them or something.

Intro Tutorial: The Basic stuff

MARIN KARIN: Status Effects

Advanced Mechanics Part One

Advanced Mechanics Part Two (that intro though)

Playlist

Sorry to keep plugging our stuff but there is your one stop for P4U/2 informative videos.

Top Bottom