• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 6-12 | DaiGOAT

terrible system

Sako can't complain. That's the only way he would win too.

edit: Double post.

I think Sako will beat Momochi. Momochi struggled with the Elena matchup initially. In the same way that Daigo lost to Momochi 0-3 in the ft3, but then made a comeback to win the ft7, the same happened in the Sako Momochi match. It took a comeback for Momochi to beat Sako.

I can't remember how much of Elena Sako used against Momochi during Shadowloo Showdown.

pixelish

anyone here knows korean? would like to know what poongko said on twitter
LEE CHUNG GON ‏@efpoongko 5m
한국말로 소감을말하자면 이번대회 정말자신있었는데 스머그전만빼고 아쉬운미스가정말 많았다 준비가 미흡한부분의 과실은인정한다 좀더연습하고 다음에만반의준비를할것이다 대회의 기회는 아직남아있으니까 수고하셨습니다 또보자 토팡가리그

Xtyle

anyone here knows korean? would like to know what poongko said on twitter

here you go. my friend google translate says;

As a matter of comment in Korean tournament really had their own mugs ago, except it 's an unfortunate part is ready to really miss the negligence of shortcomings were acknowledged halgeotyida After more practice and preparation of manban opportunity to contest iteunikka 've yet still see trouble Topanga league

If he beats Momochi he wins.
He is the only one in control of his own fate lol.

He has to hope Xian loses to Daigo. Xian is the only one in total control.

Daigo has to hope Sako loses and also get that last win.
Sako has to hope Xian loses and also get that last win.

If the first tie breaker was +differential, well Daigo has like +4 on him.

pixelish

here you go. my friend google translate says;

As a matter of comment in Korean tournament really had their own mugs ago, except it 's an unfortunate part is ready to really miss the negligence of shortcomings were acknowledged halgeotyida After more practice and preparation of manban opportunity to contest iteunikka 've yet still see trouble Topanga league
obviously i have tried google translate but as you can see, it's still not competent enough to translate a long text properly.

edit: i'm suddenly getting annoyed by the fact that you actually think it's a good idea to post the tweet translated by google translate but w/e.

Watching a bison match is about as fun as playing against him. Just absolutely horrible design. Here's to hoping he isn't so awful in SFV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HU1COoleBw

Yup, dull as hell.

I think it's better if the players feel in charge of the meta rather than the developers, it seems unhealthy for the community to have the impression that anything considered strong within the first 6 months is guaranteed to go away.

This is the reason I don't play the Modern format in MTG. If you have a fun, strong deck you know it will get banned without fail.

It sucks having a game ending bug in the most competitively played fighting game in the world :|

It sucks having such an appalling piece of garbage held together by shoestring and bubblegum as the main focus of the scene.

SF4 may be an okay game, but Ultra is just a horrible product in just about every way. The bugs, the misset data, newcomers and probably some other stuff have odd hitpause (they adjusted the data for multiple moves by adjusting hitpause instead of hitstun or recovery), the new music is ass, the newcomers are just shoestring budget hackjobs and it shows.

It's just a bad product in so many ways that thinking about it depresses me.

Capcom is a fucking joke with this glitch. They rock the capcom pro tour like the game is working fine.

They're a fucking joke releasing Ultra to begin with.

Xtyle

obviously i have tried google translate but as you can see, it's still not competent enough to translate a long text properly.

edit: i'm suddenly getting annoyed by the fact that you actually think it's a good idea to post the tweet translated by google translate but w/e.

It was a joke:)

GeoNeo

I disagree.
This is my first time buying a NicoNico PPV.

Overall I'd rate it 6 out of 10. The player does not support true full screen. You don't get access to HD stream unless you pay extra for NicoNico premium. Twitch TV Japan should really try and get the next event on their platform. Or, better yet Youtube should when they launch their new gaming streaming service.

pixelish

poor bonchan, he went from 1st before the day starts to 7th overall.

edit: just realised he lost to louffy as well so he's now 7th. ouch.

If Momochi wins this match he is guaranteed 2nd.

- 1st place: 2,000,000 yen (~US$16,718)
- 2nd place: 500,000 yen (~US$4,180)
- 3rd place: 250,000 yen (~US$2,090)
- 4th place: 120,000 yen (~US$1,003)
- 5th place: 70,000 yen (~US$585)
- 6th place: 40,000 yen (~US$334)
- 7th place: 20,000 yen (~US$167)

crash-14

EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE!

jokes besides. Like I said, just feel sorry for Smug not getting payout. But hey, good experience for him. He'll just get better from here.
And to be fair I'm happy for Luffy. If he had lost and been 7th, many people will continue with their fraud statement...

For next topanga a would like they invite Valmaster from Europe. From USA maybe Snake Eyez (Or even NuckleDu aka most underrated US player).

GeoNeo

I disagree.
If Momochi wins this match he is guaranteed 2nd.

- 1st place: 2,000,000 yen (~US$16,718)
- 2nd place: 500,000 yen (~US$4,180)
- 3rd place: 250,000 yen (~US$2,090)
- 4th place: 120,000 yen (~US$1,003)
- 5th place: 70,000 yen (~US$585)
- 6th place: 40,000 yen (~US$334)
- 7th place: 20,000 yen (~US$167)

This is really awesome payout. :D

Come on Sakooooooo. Do it for Sako Baby.

USD

TOPANGA WORLD LEAGUE 2, ROUND 4

Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Momochi (Ken)
2-5 ●●●●○○●
Luffy (Rose) vs. POONGKO (Seth)
1-5 ●○●●●●
Smug (Dudley) vs. Xiaohai (Evil Ryu)
5-3 ○●○●○●○○
Bonchan (Sagat) vs. Umehara (Evil Ryu)
2-5 ○●●○●●●
POONGKO (Seth) vs. Xian (Gen)
4-5 ○●○○○●●●●
sako (Elena) vs. Xiaohai (Evil Ryu)
5-1 ●○○○○○
Luffy (Rose) vs. Smug (Dudley)
5-1 ●○○○○○
Momochi (Ken) vs. sako (Elena)
5-4 ●○●○●○○●○
Umehara (Evil Ryu, Yun) vs. Xian (Gen, Dhalsim)

Top Bottom