• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII Rebirth Graphics or Performance Mode?

Perfomance vs Graphics Mode

• Graphics, 30fps - Higher Res

Votes: 115 42.8%
  • Perfomance, 60fps - Lower Res (Terrible TAA)

Votes: 103 38.3%
  • Graphics, 30fps - Higher Res (OLED)

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • Perfomance, 60fps - Lower Res (Terrible TAA) (OLED)

Votes: 25 9.3%

• Total voters

Blindy

Is this an OLED problem or something?

I have a normal LED and it is very smooth at 30fps
I have LG OLED C1 which can go up to 120 FPS and the demo didn't give me an initial option to do performance/graphical so by default it put me at graphical and it just felt really off when traveling around the village. I might play with it a bit and gauge the FPS in both settings but off the bat, it was a substantial difference for me. I was initially trying to turn the motion blur off but found out it was defaulted to graphical so changed it to performance and it just ran better for me. Still some blur but nothing like it was in the previous option. I am sure there will be a guide on the best TV setting for this game pretty shortly so will be all over that.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Graphics mode. It’s the default mode and the mode used for capturing trailer footage for a reason

Zuzu

I’ll probably primarily play on graphics mode for my first play through but I may switch to performance when doing some side quests and casually exploring the world.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
30fps since my eyes are strong unlike a pussy pc player
Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I’m really starting to get you.

Bojji

Is this an OLED problem or something?

I have a normal LED and it is very smooth at 30fps

OLED changes pixel almost instantly so with low refresh content changes in motion are more "juddery":

Tq9Jw30.jpg

High end LCDs are also way faster than old LCD tvs. I remember that I was ok with 30fps games in PS4 era on my 1080p VA Samsung tv but I'm not okay on LG OLED and many higher end LCD users are probably in similar position.

Graphics. I don’t mind 30 fps for a game such as Rebirth.

I mean I grew up with an Amstrad CPC, then Commodore 64 and finally Famicon and lived through all major consoles since then and in most games we didn’t even had stable 30 fps.
People these days are spoiled.

I thought I would go graphic mode but the Kalm demo didn’t play well and switching to performance mode (post-patch) I noticed no difference in visuals, no blur like people were saying, so it was an easy choice to switch to performance mode. I’m going to try both ways again in the full game.

TrebleShot

Ive given both a fair go on my breaks inbetween calls today and its a tough one, always is.

Graphics mode looks infinitely better, say what you want about motion blur, its just better, more depth, graphics looks much better too and some effects are either removed or not visible on the perf mode.

Perf mode nice and smooth of course but the blur is very distracting, it sort of reminds me of if you were to load up an old PS3 game and your instantly hit with this low res fuzzy effect.

Cant get over the artefacting on elements too like the hair and finer details, looks so shit and quite distracting. Of course, you can see things in motion but if what your seeing looks like crap does it really matter?

I think its like the original on PS4, 30 for now then 60 on the PRO or 120 on pc.

Valt7786

Graphics mode for now, but fuck me I wish it had a 40fps option. This is a massive exclusive release, no excuse not to have one nowadays.

Skelterz

I’m in the minority here possibly but I’ll play in performance mode and think back to playing games like BOTW & Xenoblade 2 and how there were moments on switch i thought to myself, “I wished this looked a little better” but it never made that much of an impact on how fantastic the game was.

Should it look like this in performance no
Will you still enjoy the game yes
Does it make it right no
Did you enjoy BOTW yes

Just play the game.

saintjules

Has anyone tried playing Graphics Mode and then turn on Tru Motion via their TV settings? Curious if that would help with juddering.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

In the DF video they say forcing the PS5 to output 1440p helps with image quality on perf mode.

The Graphics mode is giving me a migraine

Bojji

I always laugh when people say "just force yourself to play it the shitty way and you'll get used to it after awhile". This doesn't work for really anything, at least not logically.

With this game you have:

Bad option to okay it
Another bad option to play

There are options for developers with TAAU reconstruction or/and 40fps to have decent performance with good IQ and they didn't bother.

Thanks to Sony we also are forced to play it on PS5, only people that can play it decently are 1080p tvs owners.

Reactions: Fbh

sendit

I’m in the minority here possibly but I’ll play in performance mode and think back to playing games like BOTW & Xenoblade 2 and how there were moments on switch i thought to myself, “I wished this looked a little better” but it never made that much of an impact on how fantastic the game was.

Should it look like this in performance no
Will you still enjoy the game yes
Does it make it right no
Did you enjoy BOTW yes

Just play the game.

You made the right choice. Graphic mode blows. People who are saying it's smooth probably have frame interpolation enabled on their TVs which introduces even more input lag.

Last edited:

protonion

I played a couple of hours with graphics mode.

It's great.

Except for racing games and FPS I never understood the 30 frames drama.

Top Bottom