• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part One - Sundays on AMC

That was another really good episode though I had issues with it and I hope this doesn't continue going forward.

Madison giving her speech to the people felt too much like Andrea or Rick in TWD suddenly being an authoritative figure among faces who have been a part of a society or group of people for significantly longer than she has.

BizzyBum

Madison giving her speech to the people felt too much like Andrea or Rick in TWD suddenly being an authoritative figure among faces who have been a part of a society or group of people for significantly longer than she has.

This season has easily been the best but that's the major complaint I have with it. It doesn't have its own identity. I mean shit, it's literally the same premise as Rick and Alexandria like you said. A group of survivors who have been sheltered and now on the brink of war have Madison / Rick come and save the day because they have "experienced" the outside world.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's weird is how quickly Madison went all in on the camp and Troy. And having the two brothers sets up such a simplistic dynamic as well. I dunno, it just seems like they wanted to reboot it and in the end they recreated the same old dynamic that they've done over and over again on the main show.

bitbydeath

The place doesn't look very zombie proof, speaking of why are there none around? None at the fences, none roaming around at say where the caravan was (aside from the family).

They're even free to shoot night and day and don't appear to call any over.

My dad and I were talking about this episode, and we agreed that Madison isn't the female Rick. She's the female Governor

Lying to the group while characterizing another group as the enemy. Having loose morals (telling the killer that she doesn't care why he did it). And so on.

We just felt that she hasn't earned that kind of leadership position that the show is placing her in, compared to Rick and other characters on the main show. Travis or Salazar would have made more sense, due to how their characters were portrayed

AudioEppa

My dad and I were talking about this episode, and we agreed that Madison isn't the female Rick. She's the female Governor

Lying to the group while characterizing another group as the enemy. Having loose morals (telling the killer that she doesn't care why he did it). And so on.

We just felt that she hasn't earned that kind of leadership position that the show is placing her in, compared to Rick and other characters on the main show. Travis or Salazar would have made more sense, due to how their characters were portrayed

Unlike a lot of people who are trying to call her this shows Rick. I don't believe it. I believe she can die just as Travis did. I believe the leaders of the show are her kids. This story is about how they will evolve into stone cold survivors. Maybe they become the whispers after awhile, but a different version of them.

Madison sees her kids adjusting a little too well in the apocalypse. She herself has been fighting to not be comfortable with going dark since it all started. Now after losing Travis. She really can't hide it anymore. Her complete focus right now is to make her children better survivors then anyone. She is Alpha with no Beta.

This could definitely make TWD more interesting if the upcoming whisper storyline is characters we know, like. And the story isn't about them becoming another set of "villains" for Rick's group to overcome like always.

I'm just rambling on with ideas from my head. This was a way I thought they could bring both shows together in a crossover style and move away from doing everything the same from comic books on TWD. That aspect has really started to hurt the show imo.

BizzyBum

We just felt that she hasn't earned that kind of leadership position that the show is placing her in

Seriously. She's up in everyone's business at every moment and she just got there. I'd be like "Lady, you got here yesterday, leave me the fuck alone." LOL

I just hope the show moves in another direction soon. I don't want this camp to linger too long just because it's too similar to the mainline show. We've already seen this play out multiple times. We need to see different things with this show.

CREMSteve

I would absolutely love for Madison to be killed off. She's just the absolute worst. Focus this show on Salazar, Nick and Strand. The rest of the cast are idiots.

Unlike a lot of people who are trying to call her this shows Rick. I don't believe it. I believe she can die just as Travis did.

No one is saying she's like Rick because shes got plot armor, or because she's doing what she can to protect her kids and what not. It's because of the following quote from Bizzy. That's my issues at the moment, I know, she's a main, but it's just tiring to see it after seeing it every single time a new group was introduced in TWD.

Seriously. She's up in everyone's business at every moment and she just got there. I'd be like "Lady, you got here yesterday, leave me the fuck alone." LOL

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The place doesn't look very zombie proof, speaking of why are there none around? None at the fences, none roaming around at say where the caravan was (aside from the family).

They're even free to shoot night and day and don't appear to call any over.

The camp seems to be - really - out of the way.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two episode mid season finale is tonight!

The Unveiling/Children of Wrath

A new arrival sows a divide within the ranch. Meanwhile, Alicia forms a new relationship in hopes of maintaining peace. Then, Madison must negotiate the terms of an agreement in the midst of ranch-wide turmoil.

EulaCapra

Daniel Sharman's American accent is bloody awful. Worse than Nick's season 1 accent.

He's doing pretty terrible considering a third of the main cast are faking American accents as well. Bless his 31-year old self and his 21-year old face though.

Ovid

Daniel Sharman's American accent is bloody awful. Worse than Nick's season 1 accent.

He's doing pretty terrible considering a third of the main cast are faking American accents as well. Bless his 31-year old self and his 21-year old face though.

I had no idea he was British.

Not bad, probably my least favorite couple episodes of the season though. The pacing at times felt really bad, TWD bad.

By the way, the guy who voices all the AMC promo commercials died in a skydiving accident the other day.

BizzyBum

Damn, so it's finally confirmed the virus is worldwide. It seemed like the obvious scenario but I don't think it was ever stated definitively in the main show.

I think the show has really rebounded this season. It was great, IMO. Too late for a lot of people, though.

Ovid

Why did stran burn
the boat? I was hoping the show would go sailing somewhere else.
I think it was because
he and the cosmonaut were in similar positions. Strand in the ocean on a ship and the cosmonaut in space on a ship (of sorts). However, the cosmonaut was worse off than Strand.

Before Strand heard the cosmonaut it seemed like he had given up. Burning the ship was sort of symbolic because as bad it was on Earth it was worse in space. Strand still had the ability to depart his ship and continue living. The cosmonauts death was only a matter of time.

EDIT: Also, finally
that racist piece of shit is dead.

BizzyBum

No one is saying she's like Rick because shes got plot armor, or because she's doing what she can to protect her kids and what not. It's because of the following quote from Bizzy. That's my issues at the moment, I know, she's a main, but it's just tiring to see it after seeing it every single time a new group was introduced in TWD.

When Jake lost it and yelled at Madison "You don't run this camp!" I was all like...

giphy.gif

Ovid

I'm surprised they didn't say fuck it and just burn down the ranch after all the shit they went through in this episode.

First their guys are killed, then Ofiella returns fucked up, then they steal that trailer.

Those guys are extremely patient. I hope they win. I still want Alicia and Nick to survive though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, the stupid "let me barf out some exposition to explain my motivations" thing that Walking Dead does. I wish I could mix in the Leftovers piano theme to make it even more obvious. lol

I dunno, I felt like the whole season hinged on why Madison goes crazy now and for these people, and I just didn't buy it. I'm sure they wanted Travis' death to be the primary motivator, but that wasn't enough.

The one big thing that worked for me was the way she kept manipulating the brother. It was easy pickings for her, and only something that her character could do by basically playing on the mother/oedipal complexes that are built into these types of angry men in fiction.

I will say, it's still better than the bullshit that happens on the main show, where it's 8 episodes of nothing happening in between the premiere and the inevitable cliffhanger. The lack of a "this happens in the comics!" thing to signpost every action helps make the show much more watchable.

LQX

It's a damn shame this thread is not doing numbers like the Walking Dead threads as damn near every episode this season has been better than most of what we have seen from Walking Dead for the past few years. Great episodes tonight.

Also, I'm sick of these shows going on hiatus for months.

basik

I didn't like this season at all. When I saw the boat I was hopeful they would go somewhere else..but nope. I will keep watching though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a damn shame this thread is not doing numbers like the Walking Dead threads as damn near every episode this season has been better than most of what we have seen from Walking Dead for the past few years. Great episodes tonight.

Also, I'm sick of these shows going on hiatus for months.
I think most people can't suffer a double dose of Walking Dead bullshit. lol

Top Bottom