• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Next Gen Update is coming in 2024

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Free update still? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda sold it as a remaster...
They may sell some kind of mod package as a new SKU like Skyrim, but I don't see why they would sell it as a remaster. I think the delay is due to making sure the next gen version has the new mod store like in Skyrim in place. Good chance it drops near the Amazon show release too.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Probably the one nobody wanted?

Just bring me that Oblivion / Fallout 3 remaster / current gen version (we don’t have a next gen) sooner please.
Dude, a Fallout 3 and New Vegas remaster with the latest Creation engine would be fucking amazing.

Edit: They should get a side/smaller team to do it (Obsidian?), while we wait for Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5.

Last edited:

Roberts

Despite that one story hiccup near the end, I enjoyed the game a lot and wouldn’t mind going back and finishing some side-story stuff and dig deep into DLC content so…this is welcome news , I guess.

Free update still? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda sold it as a remaster...

Bethesda/Microsoft big brain move:

Raise the base game MSRP to $70.

220px-Trollface_non-free.png

GreenAlien

I did want to play FO4 in 2024.. Probably better to play it fully modded instead of remastered but I will wait and see what they deliver.

Mowcno

They have to wait till 2025 so they can release it as Fallout 4 Anniversary Edition, 10 years. Wow we're getting old.

REDRZA MWS

Wtf is going on gaming? We used to get brand new games, built to push games harder, now we are STILL talking remasters/remakes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wtf is going on gaming? We used to get brand new games, built to push games harder, now we are STILL talking remasters/remakes.

The developer working on this free update just put out a full game 2 months ago.

Drink some water and cool down :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Forget it, just crack on with the Oblivion remaster and sell me that for a ridiculous price. I've little to no faith in ES6 so Oblivion will fill that gap for me nicely. I still think it's the best Bethesda game.

King Dazzar

Great to hear its still happening. Fingers crossed they don't fuck it up. Would be nice to play vanilla for the achievements, without the need for mods, which have to date been essential imo on console.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
How do you know ?

Because the internet

Last edited:

Dr_Ifto

Probably the one nobody wanted?

Just bring me that Oblivion / Fallout 3 remaster / current gen version (we don’t have a next gen) sooner please.
Id love to romp through it again, but yeah, id pay full price almost for Oblivion/Fallout3/Fallout New Vegas again.

I'm expecting an Anniversary style update with all the existing Creation Club content for $20, and introducing the new creation market to the game.

It worked out pretty damn well for Skyrim, now they just need to up the console mod limit to Skyrim's 5 gigs.

Kupfer

Because the internet

I hope that the writers of the articles have solid information and don't just write any assumptions.
I haven't read anything official since the 2022 announcement, which said the update game was coming in 2023.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I hope that the writers of the articles have solid information and don't just write any assumptions.
I haven't read anything official since the 2022 announcement, which said the update game was coming in 2023.

Fallout 4 is still being sold on PS4/5. Why wouldn't they update the game there? Makes no sense.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I already played a chunk of the game on Xbox One, then tried to get back into it at 60 fps boost mode on X. Unless the next gen update is mindblowing I'll probably pass especially if the update requires you to start over.

I already cleared out the entire top left quadrant of the map, plus a a portion of the downtown area with all the buildings. Dont want to slog through that again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom