• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout PS4 numbers: Over 8 million players, 48 games average per account

AlexxKidd

Screenshot_2020-08-12_at_15.19.43.png

Per Gamstat,

8,100,000 players (99%)
earned at least one trophy

~100% players
have other games besides Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout on their account

48 games
the median number of games on accounts with Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

5 days
the median retention period (between the first and the last trophy), players without trophies are excluded

The game is currently free on PS+, but these are staggering numbers. Like Rocket League, the game debuted on PS+. That helped propel Rocket League to become what it is today. It's now up to the developers to make sure Fall Guys is here to stay as well. Can't ask for a better start.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Screenshot_2020-08-12_at_15.19.43.png

Per Gamstat,

The game is currently free on PS+, but these are staggering numbers. Like Rocket League, the game debuted on PS+. That helped propel Rocket League to become what it is today. It's now up to the developers to make sure Fall Guys is here to stay as well. Can't ask for a better start.
Indeed is better than fornite

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I think the game could be decent if...

- They opened up proxy voice chat in the 4th and 5th rounds.

- Developers were able to quickly create, and implement new minigames at a rapid pace. Start cutting the fat (seriously, who likes that fruit matching game?) and start adding higher quality levels.

- Make the grab mechanic slightly more powerful. We should be able to mess with eachother a bit more.

But making a competitive game where a mother of 3 can compete with, and have fun against the 15 year old sweats is great to see.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member

- Developers were able to quickly create, and implement new minigames at a rapid pace. Start cutting the fat (seriously, who likes that fruit matching game?) and start adding higher quality levels.

I think a voice activation as you cross the line would be good.

GHG

I'm legit thinking of refunding HZD on PC and getting this instead while keeping the change spare to put towards the ultimate edition of flight sim.

It looks a hoot.

PresetError

Neophyte
It's crazy the way this game has exploded from the very start. The numbers are Animal Crossing kind of right time at the right place.

If they are able to retain even a quarter of that player base they are set for a long time.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Downloaded it the other day since Rockstar broke RDO at the moment with the 1.21 update.

Still have yet to play it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Haha the thing about games like these is they aren't masterpieces but they make the point it's just not a AAA game it doesn't take away from a great game.

AlexxKidd

- Make the grab mechanic slightly more powerful. We should be able to mess with eachother a bit more.

The game is more than decent, but yes the fruit matching game could be dropped as well as Roll Out, the game where you stand on the cylinder and move from place to place.

I actually think Roll Out could be salvaged if they added challenge by making the cylinders speed up over time, or making each rotating part have varying speeds.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The game is more than decent, but yes the fruit matching game could be dropped as well as Roll Out, the game where you stand on the cylinder and move from place to place.

I actually think Roll Out could be salvaged if they added challenge by making the cylinders speed up over time, or making each rotating part have varying speeds.

I guess I'm still feeling it out. There are things I like about it. There just doesn't seem to be enough variety, and most of the games feel like slightly lower quality Mario Party minigames.

Still happy to see all the success it's getting.

CitizenX

Banned
It SOLD 2 million on Steam, no marketing or anything THATS impressive. As for PS4 no data on sold because its part of their service.

TexMex

I’d say around 50 rounds is my upper limit. It was fine for free and it’s amusing, but not something I’m going to stick with more than a weekend.

nikolino840

I didn't say they were theirs. But that the PS gave them the proper platform to showcase.
It's like YouTube saying "We make Stars!" when really they host videos.
Do you mean that if was a gamepass game the same game is shit that nobody plays?

Becouse is what i've always said..are not the exclusives but the brand

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Played it for 2 hours with my friend on PC. It can get old if played for too long, best played in short bursts.

JonnyMP3

Do you mean that if was a gamepass game the same game is shit that nobody plays?

Becouse is what i've always said..are not the exclusives but the brand
Maybe... But don't put it on GamePass, like it's not on PlayStation Now.

Give it away for the free on Games with Gold like it's free now with the PS+

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Mediatinic seems to be a relatively large indie studio (100+ employees).

Fall Guys really feels like a small team project. Will be interesting to see if they shift focus to it in order to add new mini games quickly.

post-S

Hopefully there will be a for 4 players split screen mode update, I don’t mind paying some fee for the feature

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Ah the latest title journalists are being paid to push huh. Checks all the right marks too, no genders, everyone's androgynous, etc.
What? No. As much as I loathe things like that, the game's not like that at all. It really is a lot of fun.

tillbot8

Banned
It deserves it. Simple, winning formula and nice to have in the collection for a quick game or two. Rocket league but with jumping grabby bastards, what's not to like?

Camreezie

I would love to see it throw in more mini games per season to extend its life . Rocket league did this with the arenas and game modes and that was key to its longevity

Top Bottom