• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[FAKE] image leak of 'Elden Ring' - much pinches of salt required

Status
Not open for further replies.

cormack12

Gold Member
zmso54adr5p51.jpg

How do we know someone didn't just mod Dark Souls or create something in unreal engine and passed it off as Elden ring screens?

Rolla

Banned
Looks like a screen from the witcher. Both the game and the netflix series but I can't quite tell.

Isa

As a magic main in the Souls series, I sincerely hope that Elden Ring has some quality magic lore and gameplay. I know people love to hate it, but DS2 had such a cool adventure that linked the Abyss Divers and Hexes. I also love the Witches of Izalith and Pyromancy and demon lore. Its funny how few games and their developers really make a setting feel so cohesive. It enhances the immersion so well. I also love From's tendency to put secrets in their games. Its a blast trying to find them all.

I'm willing to bet the pic is real.

Because it would detract from Demon's Souls. My guess is they have a deal with Sony because of that. I assume it will be shown at the game awards
My thoughts exactly. They will wait until DeS sales settle down, and some time after show the game. So I guess quite probably next year. Hopes we're wrong 🤣

T-Barbs

Hope the image is real.

But even more, i hope the game will use a decent engine this time... Tired of the bad frame pacing affecting the major part of their latest releases on consoles.

Bartski

Gold Member
My thoughts exactly. They will wait until DeS sales settle down, and some time after show the game. So I guess quite probably next year. Hopes we're wrong 🤣
totally that's what I've been saying since Demon's Souls PS5 was officially announced. Also Elden Ring might simply not look as good graphically and they could be waiting to show the now worked on next-gen upgraded version. At the end of the day I'm more than ok with that, with DS and Cyberpunk in November there is no way I'll have time to play anything else 'till the end of the year and this way we might get a polished, next-gen (RTX?) release of Elden Ring down the line

Bartski

Gold Member
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/526043158
summary (kudos r/Piekenier)

• Elden Ring gameplay will be revealed soon. Apparantly on the 26th or 27th.
  • Italian translation leaks are true.
  • Collect an Elden Ring equivalent of souls.
  • Can now level up at save points.
  • Mentions leaked screenshots existing, probably refering to the one in this thread.
  • Player character is called the revenant.
  • Lore: You are one of the few characters who have seen both rings. You are cursed as your fate is tied to the ring. The ring is not physical but it is a ritual that has to be done to prevent the world from ending.
  • Gameplay is like Dark Souls 3 but with more verticality and an aerial dodge.
  • Lore is told through items and dialogue as always.
  • New book item in which you can collect pages with lore.
  • Graphics are better than Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. But worse than Demon's Souls remake.
  • PVE & PVP will be a big selling point of the game.
  • You will join guilds and fight other guilds. Multiplayer missions in a similar vein as Chalice Dungeons but more fleshed out.
  • Atmosphere will be a thing that Elden Ring will do better than the new remake. Like Bloodborne you will feel like you are in a haunted land.
  • A multiplayer mode will feature you teaming up with three other guild members and protecting the lord of your choice from demon invasions and from other players. Rewards will be big in this mode.
  • High fantasy setting, reminisant of the Lord of the Rings and Conan.
  • Ghosts will hunt you at night. They are moon spirits.
  • The sun and the moon will play a big role.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/526043158
summary (kudos r/Piekenier)

• Elden Ring gameplay will be revealed soon. Apparantly on the 26th or 27th.
  • Italian translation leaks are true.
  • Collect an Elden Ring equivalent of souls.
  • Can now level up at save points.
  • Mentions leaked screenshots existing, probably refering to the one in this thread.
  • Player character is called the revenant.
  • Lore: You are one of the few characters who have seen both rings. You are cursed as your fate is tied to the ring. The ring is not physical but it is a ritual that has to be done to prevent the world from ending.
  • Gameplay is like Dark Souls 3 but with more verticality and an aerial dodge.
  • Lore is told through items and dialogue as always.
  • New book item in which you can collect pages with lore.
  • Graphics are better than Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. But worse than Demon's Souls remake.
  • PVE & PVP will be a big selling point of the game.
  • You will join guilds and fight other guilds. Multiplayer missions in a similar vein as Chalice Dungeons but more fleshed out.
  • Atmosphere will be a thing that Elden Ring will do better than the new remake. Like Bloodborne you will feel like you are in a haunted land.
  • A multiplayer mode will feature you teaming up with three other guild members and protecting the lord of your choice from demon invasions and from other players. Rewards will be big in this mode.
  • High fantasy setting, reminisant of the Lord of the Rings and Conan.
  • Ghosts will hunt you at night. They are moon spirits.
  • The sun and the moon will play a big role.

That reads well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom