• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable's Narrative Lead Announces Departure

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Abandon Ship GIF

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
People leave their jobs to do other stuff. Or for other, personal reasons.

People generally don't leave jobs they LOVE and the company was SO GOOD to them. The statement given is all PR bullshit. Something bad happened and they were either fired or decided to quit because they got a better offer elsewhere.

Last edited:
People generally don't leave jobs they LOVE and the company was SO GOOD to them. The statement given is all PR bullshit. Something bad happened and they were either fired or decided to quit because they got a better offer elsewhere.
People do that shit all the time. Maybe not in some industries but it’s not uncommon. Maybe there’s more going on here but without more information this seems like a nothing

Dlacy13g

Good lord... these comments feels like I am reading the Politics spin zone during an election. Maybe she just actually, I don't know, is just in a good place to move on to a new opportunity and this is a big fat nothing burger.

Sakura

It's a signal that they're open for more work and contact from studios. Her work on this project was probably complete.

If your work is complete, you don't decide to "leave" the project.
If you were to pay someone to, I dunno, create blueprints for a building (or something), when they finish their work, they don't announce to you their departure from the project saying it is a good stopping point blah blah blah. They just give you the finished work, and the contract is over.
If all of her work on the project was finished, she would've said so, instead of talking about a stopping point for jumping off the project. None of the language in her tweets suggest that she was finished her work.
I'm not saying she was fired or anything though, maybe she just didn't want to do it any more.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If your work is complete, you don't decide to "leave" the project.
If you were to pay someone to, I dunno, create blueprints for a building (or something), when they finish their work, they don't announce to you their departure from the project saying it is a good stopping point blah blah blah. They just give you the finished work, and the contract is over.
If all of her work on the project was finished, she would've said so, instead of talking about a stopping point for jumping off the project. None of the language in her tweets suggest that she was finished her work.
I'm not saying she was fired or anything though, maybe she just didn't want to do it any more.
Would be more concise to say that storywriting is finished and they are moving on to another project if that's what they do. Instead of I found a good stopping point(I made enough money) to jump off the project(unfinished implications).

Then you have the I love and respect my colleagues bit that is just wishy washy. I respect my colleagues but Imma leave them mid project.

Given they felt they needed another tweet to defend their position(poorly I might add) they probably have met or seen some criticism.

I have to agree though that announcing your departure to the world isn't necessary. That should probably be between you and your employer.

The behavior is very odd. And this came conveniently around the time people are put off by this game's "design choices".

Boss Man

Certain people quickly tell on themselves in threads like this. There's only one future that people like you want to see.
That’s right shitlib we’re all coming to oppress that one black person you’re loosely acquainted with from college.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That’s right shitlib we’re all coming to oppress that one black person you’re loosely acquainted with from college.

Pssst it's women this time.

The accurate inflammatory comment would have been "That's right, Sarkeesian, we're all coming to oppress USELESS WOMEN IN MEN'S BUSINESSES,"

Useful ones can stay

PeteBull

Last edited:
Top Bottom