• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F.E.A.R. AI-enhanced HD Texture Pack available for download, comparison screenshots show great improvements

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
fearr-960x472.jpg

Modder ‘Rivarez’ has released a new AI-enhanced HD Texture Pack for the first F.E.A.R. game.
Rivarez has used Topaz A.I. Gigapixel neural network in order to upscale and enhance the original textures.Then, he additionally processed with different graphic editors some of the textures.
Finally, he used a special program in order to correct the edges of HD textures for hiding the texture seams.
Similarly to most AI-enhanced Texture Packs, this one retains the original art style of the game and the end result is amazing (click to enlarge):

FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-4.jpg
FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-9.jpg

FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-8.jpg
FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-10.jpg

FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-12.jpg
FEAR-AI-enhanced-HD-textures-comparison-7.jpg

This HD Texture Pack is 4.17GB in size and you can download it from here. It’s also really easy installing this pack. All you have to do is run the installer, select the folder where the “FEAR.exe” file is placed, choose the necessary option, and click the “Install” button.
Lastly, the modder recommends going to the game settings and setting the resolution of textures to minimum (before you start a new game). After the new game loads, you must go to the game settings and set the resolution of textures back to maximum.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Not bad results. This stuff works best for textures I guess, not actual videos etc. some try to do and each frame looks off. Some normal mapped stuff seem to only have had higher res primary texture and the normals are identical to before. What about character skins?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
AI is the backbone of the game yes and this is great but there’s so much more like slow mo, Pointman’s powers, gun variety etc. this franchise would still be around today if they were more passionate about the story.

F.E.A.R. definitely needs Resident Evil 2 level remake.

Definitely doesnt. If you say definitely needs a remake, it means its so broken and aged that its unplayable. When in fact FEAR is the same sublime and unmatched experience it was at release. It hasnt aged a single day. You fire it up and you still have the best weaponry, best combat scenarios and best AI implementation in shooters. A remake would just nerf it, consolize it. This is a pure PC game. We dont need to consolize it with a shitload of assists and autoaim

MarkMe2525

Memories of bodies staked to the walls. I can't type that sentence anywhere else on the internet without being put on a list.

pyrocro

thanks for the find.
I actually have it installed now.

Still the best shooter I every played.
1 and 2 is really good,

3 well lets just say I'm not playing that shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom