• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black & White 2 gets a HD Texture Pack

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
300px-Black_%26_White_2_Box.png

Modder ‘merendas235’ released a 4K HD Texture Pack for Black & White 2. As its name suggests, this pack will overhaul all of the game’s textures in order to improve its visuals.

Merendas235 probably used AI techniques in order to improve the quality of the vanilla textures. Thus, the new textures have the same art style as the vanilla ones.
The modder has provided a comparison video that will give you an idea of the improvements this pack brings to the table.

You can download the pack from here.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

300px-Black_%26_White_2_Box.png

Modder ‘merendas235’ released a 4K HD Texture Pack for Black & White 2. As its name suggests, this pack will overhaul all of the game’s textures in order to improve its visuals.

Merendas235 probably used AI techniques in order to improve the quality of the vanilla textures. Thus, the new textures have the same art style as the vanilla ones.
The modder has provided a comparison video that will give you an idea of the improvements this pack brings to the table.

You can download the pack from here.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

I literally mentioned this game to a buddy a few days ago! Such great times!

GHG

I fucking loved this and the first game in the series back in the day. Brings back memories.

No idea how well it holds up but guess I might find out soon.

Man. I miss this game. I wish we had a sequel. Can you imagine a next gen BW3 running on 3090 RTX or the PS5/XSX? /drool. The animals would be so detailed.

TheMan

In the video you can barely see a difference
Is this mod a social experiment on the placebo effect?

Kao The Kangaroo

Neo Member
Ohh my god! B&W 1 and 2 was literally one of the best games I've ever played with the best mechanics ever. I'll check those textures as soon as it's possible.

Sentenza

Ohh my god! B&W 1 and 2 was literally one of the best games I've ever played with the best mechanics ever. I'll check those textures as soon as it's possible.
They were actually fairly shitty and broken god games that got popular because of the inane bullshit Molyneux once again overpromised about these creatures' "amazing AI".
That aside, they weren't even a match for OLDER titles in the same genre Bluffrog delivered in the previous years, like Populous 2 etc.

Last edited:
OP you should put a disclaimer: "Do not expect to be baffled, these are only HD textures"
Cause "Thus, the new textures have the same art style as the vanilla ones" is an understatement. I've been disappointed with what I saw whereas it's cool news.

In the video you can barely see a difference
Is this mod a social experiment on the placebo effect?
Maybe stop watching the video on your phone and watch it on a monitor in 4k.

The difference is there.

On topic: why isn't this game on steam? and where do I find it?

Been itching to replay the game, but now with this mod it might actually be worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom