• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69053706]lol @ GreenAce's team being a 5/10 and Yipes' Dante team being better than his Spencer one.

I meant betting odds.[/QUOTE]
Wait who said GreenAce's team was 5/10? It's 100% optimized

Lulubop

My Predictions for EVO 2013,

Marvel:
Would I want to win: Would like to see Kyohei win, but he doesn't play. So I'll be rooting for Rayray
Who I think will win: Chris G

SF4:
Who I want to win: PR Balrog
Who I think will win: Infiltration the God

SFxT:
Who I want to win: Sethlol
Who I think will win: Sethlol

Persona:
Who I want to win: BananaKen
Who I think will win: Japanese player

KOF:
Would love to see: Romance or Reynold
Predict: Korean player

Tekken:
Who I want to win: Some American dude
Who I think will win: Some Korean dude

MK9:
Who I want to win: NYCFurby
Who I think will win: MaxCPM NYCFurby

Injustice:
Who I want to win: Chris G
Who I think will win: Chris G

Smash:
Who I want to win: NE player
Who I think will win: Armada

All these gifs of EVO needs explanations, all of them look goofy as heck lol. I want to know the backstory to some of those, or at least a link to a video of when they happened.

iqja2PMCxwmu1.gif

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Can someone tell me what Daigo has said about EVO this year? Has he been training hard? What is Daigo doing? Like what is he doing/wearing right now?

Busaiku

Could you possibly make a list with their names and characters? I can find matches from there but it'd be nice if you provided those too for people interested. :3

I hope the Japanese find this worthwhile and they have more incentive to spread the word and show up for other games as well like BBCP. :D

Tomo plays Labrys
DIE-chan plays Mitsuru
Stunedge (technically USA!) plays Yukiko
Mui plays Aigis
Domii plays Akihiko
JEO plays Shadow Labrys
Yume plays Aigis

Probably some more that I forgot or didn't notice.

Busaiku

I think it's funny that so many people still think Daigo's got a good shot at it.
He will easily go down to guys like Xian and Infiltration.

Revven

Speaking of games for which some people won't know who the players are, I hope the Smash scene does a good job introducing me to their scene during pools or semis. I don't know anyone from the Smash scene, but I'm excited to see it.

One of the commentators has over 13 pages of notes of just player history to use. I am certain you will hear quite a lot about a bunch of different players and the scene.

Otsukare

Neo Member
I think it's funny that so many people still think Daigo's got a good shot at it.
He will easily go down to guys like Xian and Infiltration.

Daigo has been destroying guys lately, did you watch last weeks Topanga league, he schooled Wong and Rog.

Duxxy3

Who I want to win AE: Dieminion
Who I think will win AE: MCZ WW Infiltration
Who I want to win UMvC3: KBR
Who I think will win UMvC3: Justin Wong (i think he has some hidden tech)
Who I want to win Injustice: I don't care
Who I think will win Injustice: I don't care
Who I want to win KOF: Romance
Who I think will win KOF: Mad KOF

Optimized for what? Style?

And I rated the teams. Come at GAF.

Did you miss Green Ace playing or what? Gunshots is a fabulous assist for both Trish and Wesker. Trap is amazing for Dante and one of the top 5 assists for Wesker. Round Harvest is one of the hardest resets to escape in the game and kills teams at a far lower meter rate than other teams, which leaves a ton of room for utility hyper usage. Low shot unlocks the team's damage potential. Not only for unblockables, but letting Trish and Dante confirm off air throws.

It works perfectly in any order and has one of the strongest neutral games out there. It's an extremely efficient but slow burning team that's optimized for defense. I don't know how you could possibly think it's about style when Green Ace showed nothing but fundamentals any time he made the stage.

Dahbomb

Unblockable setups that can lead into TAC infinites with Trish.
All of that vanishes when Trish dies. Dante gets an OTG assist as a neutral (lol) and Wesker gets a poor man's Cold Shots which he gets no mix ups from because he has no real high low. You will rarely see TACs being used on the team because Trish is played point.

This team is not optimized at all for any single character on the team, not even close to being so in fact.

GamerJM

Banned
Get hype. The lineup is so stacked this year. I wish it could be week-long and only have one stream or something so I don't have to miss certain games!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69055806]You might be an insane person.[/QUOTE]
Maybe he blacked out from GreenAce's awesome play and missed everything.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";69055506]Did you miss Green Ace playing or what? Gunshots is a fabulous assist for both Trish and Wesker. Trap is amazing for Dante and one of the top 5 assists for Wesker. Round Harvest is one of the hardest resets to escape in the game and kills teams at a far lower meter rate than other teams, which leaves a ton of room for utility hyper usage. Low shot unlocks the team's damage potential. Not only for unblockables, but letting Trish and Dante confirm off air throws.

It works perfectly in any order and has one of the strongest neutral games out there. It's an extremely efficient but slow burning team that's optimized for defense. I don't know how you could possibly think it's about style when Green Ace showed nothing but fundamentals any time he made the stage.[/QUOTE]
Green Ace did show fundamentals and skill because he won with a mediocre team. This team's neutral is GARBAGE... there is no full screen assist for either Trish or Wesker to get in with nor is there any vertical coverage against fliers nor is there any assist to help the characters zone with. When Trish dies this teams becomes a huge liability because you lose the one good defense assist on the team, you lose unblockables and you lose TACs.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Can't decide if I want to subscribe this year. I don't use stream chat very often, and my internet is butt. Had Fios last year and it was great, but now I'm on a garbage DSL connection that was struggling with CM over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom