• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want to see at EVO is this
tumblr_mh7977L6N51s3my1ro1_500.gif

Shouta

Kadey said:
♦ GAF Not EG Shouta ♢ Pikachuakuma ♦ Mago ♢ EG Ricky Ortiz ♦ TS/MCZ/GAF/NRS/IRC/IMO Arturo Sanchez
♢ TFA/RZR LPN ♦ IDF Humbag ♢ Uryo ♦ EMP/VXG Nuckledu ♢ Automattock
♦ AC Xsk Samurai ♢ FRB Tatsu ♦ Eita ♢ Ryan Hunter ♦ Qanba |dakou
♢ MOV ♦ Mike Ross ♢ AGE Sabre ♦ Happy Medicine ♢ Redrapper
♦ Clim ♢ Damdai ♦ NG/MCZ Chris ♢ Buktooth ♦ AGE Wolfkrone

:lol

Where's sethlolol on that list!?

Hot damn, I work two of those days, but I am so off on Sunday. Those finals will be delicious. All of them.

Come bad Daigo! We need a hero!

Some more prop bets

Over/Under 3 Vergils in top 8.

Over/Under 5 Zero's in top 16

Over/Under 16 Dooms in top 32

Over/Under 1 Ironman in top 32 Kappa

Dai101

Banned
OP looks kinda like ass with the dark theme.

Hype for EVO though!

No. It looks just like crap. Not your fault OP, it's great and kudos for opening this thread.

Hell yeah for the second. Can't wait for seeing new stuff from KILLER INSTINCT

Also. GO FRUTZY!!!!!! Mexico is with you!

gotoadgo

Wont be able to watch until finals day due to work but still fucking hype for this. Last year with the Flow pre-show was epic, is there anything like that again this year?

Shadow780

Will compete (using that term loosely) in KOF, but most of the time will actually be spectating :lol

Is there anything worth checking while I'm there? (I don't gamble, yes yes titties etc)

They're all free. You just get some goodies if you donate to the scholarship.

All the streams are free, subs are for ad free/HD viewing.

Plus subbing goes to scholarships! Think of the children!

All streams are free to watch. Watching it in HD and being able to chat is not.

Good to know, thanks. Ive got a block of night shifts coming up and this will kill time.

MechaX

I'm actually hoping someone knocks ChrisG out of Marvel. He can do whatever the fuck he wants over in Injustice. But his Morrigan/Doom Hidden Missiles/Vergil combo... I just can't watch another match of the same thing.

They're both looking at Floe naked.

I should have known.

Who I want to win AE: FLOE
Who I think will win AE: NOT FLOE
Who I want to win UMvC3: FLOE
Who I think will win UMvC3: NOT FLOE
Who I want to win Injustice: FLOE
Who I think will win Injustice: NOT FLOE

Predictions for EVO 2013

Marvel

Would love to see: Yipes
Predict: PR Balrog

SF4

Would love to see: Humanbomb
Predict: Bonchan (bit of an upset, but just have a feeling matchups will take out others)

Persona

Would love to see: BananaKen
Predict: I don't know the Japanese players well enough. Looking forward to finding out more

KOF

Would love to see: It only take 2 hours
Predict: It will take 3.5 hours

Tekken

Would love to see: Fans enjoy it
Predict: I will not see a second of it.

MK9

Would love to see: Another game streamed
Predict: It'll still somehow run over time

Injustice

Would love to see: Whatever art calls himself in this game
Predict: Chris G

Smash

Would love to see: Myself actually watch and enjoy it
Predict: I might just have a good time watching it.

Busaiku

There are a lot more Japanese players showing up for Persona 4 Arena then what was listed in the initial Japanese player list.
A bunch of them finalists in Arc Revolution Cup, like Mui, DIE-chan, Stunedge, and so on.

This is really the 1st time an ArcSys game has gotten such a showing for an ArcSys game at Evo, which is great.

Predictions for EVO 2013

Marvel

Would love to see: Yipes
Predict: PR Balrog

SF4

Would love to see: Humanbomb
Predict: Bonchan (bit of an upset, but just have a feeling matchups will take out others)

Persona

Would love to see: BananaKen
Predict: I don't know the Japanese players well enough. Looking forward to finding out more

KOF

Would love to see: It only take 2 hours
Predict: It will take 3.5 hours

Tekken

Would love to see: Fans enjoy it
Predict: I will not see a second of it.

MK9

Would love to see: Another game streamed
Predict: It'll still somehow run over time

Injustice

Would love to see: Whatever art calls himself in this game
Predict: Chris G

Smash

Would love to see: Myself actually watch and enjoy it
Predict: I might just have a good time watching it.

God damn

#dead

Edit:

Smash predictions...

Like to see: Mango

Who I THINK will win: Armada

unreon

Just popping in here to show my Melee support! Been following the scene since 2005 and it's so lovely to see it on stage even now. I know it's been on in 2007 but it almost feels like this is the first "true" appearance of the game, when everything is healthier, there are a wider array of very top-tier players, the metagame is becoming more and more complex, and we're walking into the final day with more FCG support than ever.

For a realistic shot, I want M2K to win everything for maximum hype, that guy deserves major props.
(unrealistic hopes goes to Wobbles, Taj, Kage, or Axe for titanic celebrations)

OceanBlue

There are a lot more Japanese players showing up for Persona 4 Arena then what was listed in the initial Japanese player list.
A bunch of them finalists in Arc Revolution Cup, like Mui, DIE-chan, Stunedge, and so on.

This is really the 1st time an ArcSys game has gotten such a showing for an ArcSys game at Evo, which is great.

Could you possibly make a list with their names and characters? I can find matches from there but it'd be nice if you provided those too for people interested. :3

I hope the Japanese find this worthwhile and they have more incentive to spread the word and show up for other games as well like BBCP. :D

Duderino

Going to be showing an early build of Air Dash Online, a Melee-inspired indie fighting game I've been working on with a team of talented Smash veterans. Been posting updates in the indie development thread here on Neogaf as well. Come check us out at the show in Beta Hall when you've got time!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there still a wrestling thing going on? Is it on Thursday? Didn't catch it listed in OP though I only skimmed over it.

Revven

I'll post my predictions for other games tomorrow but Smash predictions...

What I think will happen: Armada winning
What I want to happen: Wobbles winning
What won't happen: Mew2King winning

Top 8 predictions another time.

OceanBlue

Speaking of games for which some people won't know who the players are, I hope the Smash scene does a good job introducing me to their scene during pools or semis. I don't know anyone from the Smash scene, but I'm excited to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom