• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking terrible PC ports and their motherfucking stuttering!

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Calisto has frigging broke me. It started with Horizon Zero's PC port with shader compilation issues up the wazoo, cyberpunk, then dying light, Elden ring, Spiderman, sackboy all having high as fuck PC requirements, Gotham knights looking like a terrible 2011 open world game while having system requirements higher than what it looks to need. And now we have callisto which is a laggy piece of shit on even the best PCs

If it isn't stuttering and shader compilation it's abnormally high system requirements that blocks off anyone using a 1060 or a 1050ti and prevents midrange from bring able to max out the game easily. The state of PC ports in 2022 is fucking embarrassing, half of the time a new, anticipated game gets buttfucked by a terrible PC port. Can developers not optimize anymore? I got my PC to get better performance than anything else and now I'm getting games laggier than a Kenyan's internet connection.

Last edited:
Calisto has frigging broke me. It started with Horizon Zero's PC port with shader compilation issues up the wazoo, cyberpunk, then dying light, Elden ring, Spiderman, sackboy all having high as fuck PC requirements, Gotham knights looking like a terrible 2011 open world game while having system requirements higher than what it looks to need. And now we have callisto which is a laggy piece of shit on even the best PCs

If it isn't stuttering and shader compilation it's abnormally high system requirements that blocks off anyone using a 1060 or a 1050ti and prevents midrange from bring able to max out the game easily. The state of PC ports in 2022 is fucking embarrassing, half of the time a new, anticipated game gets buttfucked by a terrible PC port. Can developers not optimize anymore? I got my PC to get better performance than anything else and now I'm getting games laggier than a Kenyan's internet connection.
PCMR in shambles.
Great. Hopefully those ports get shittier each year.
Maybe those fucking morons buying 2K GPUs will learn something from that.

Roxkis_ii

Yeah, pc gaming not looking that hot right now. Still want to build a gaming pc for the ai art stuff tho.

But hey, with pc's, at least there are modder to help fix games.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
PS5 = best value in gaming.

And comes with PS PLUS if you subscribe!!???

hot paul pogba GIF by adidas

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I think the main issue more than anything is unreal, a lot of games use it and therefore they all end up stuttering like a mess due to bad shaders on unreal's part. Either way some big issue is going on thats causing all of this fucking stuttering and lag. It was never this prevalent in big AAA games before

Mozzarella

I can get behind all the titles, except Punk 2077, that was a PC first console second game, too bad even with that in mind the performance was all over the place, but truth be told if you had the high end gear it was playable, rough but playable. I know because i played it day 1 on high end PC.

Some of those games aren't even ports, and it's pretty rare for games to have issues on PC only. Cyberpunk had PC as the lead platform and it was a mess on consoles, too.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Ah, Gaf, where the solution always is playstation.

Dude is unlucky to enjoy games with shitty ports, that still runs better than consoles of you have a decent rig.

Still pulling out 1440p on games with 120 fps or above.

You sacrifice framerate by playing on console which is crucial of you want to decide the amount of fps yourself.

Then add to that the inferior controls.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I didnt preorder but I had a feeling, as with most big titles, it was going to be a trash port riddled with problems. I'll wait till its fixed/price drop. Fuck that $70 price tag for a "AAAA" game.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
PCMR in shambles.
Great. Hopefully those ports get shittier each year.
Maybe those fucking morons buying 2K GPUs will learn something from that.
What I have learned with my 5950x 3090 2k GPU is 99% of my games look and run better than either of my consoles with higher frame rates

Plus once I see what the new AMD cards can do I am building another because for some even 2k for a GPU is peanuts

Midn1ght

You definitely need patience if you're on PC. The stutter mess we're experiencing right now is terrible but can be fixed if the dev gives a shit.

Sackboy was terrible at release but got a fix within 2 weeks, it's now stutter free and runs very well. I'm glad I waited and got it at half price as a bonus. The game shouldn't have released in that state for sure but kudos to Sony and Sumo Digital for actually caring about their products.

Kena and Stray on the other hand still have stutters with no indication of them actually working on a patch addressing that issue. Personally, that mean I'll get them for 5 bucks on a on key reseller website months or years from now. If you don't bother fixing your game on PC while other can, then F*** U.

Laptop1991

Can't disagree with OP, they have been poor for a very long time, i would love to return to the days of Half Life 2 and Fear 1 on release but it isn't going to happen, that's why the nexus is so important for Bethesda's game for me, they fix stuff and make the games look and run better. PC gaming is an after thought now with the big companies.

TheTony316

Ah, Gaf, where the solution always is playstation.

Dude is unlucky to enjoy games with shitty ports, that still runs better than consoles of you have a decent rig.

Still pulling out 1440p on games with 120 fps or above.

You sacrifice framerate by playing on console which is crucial of you want to decide the amount of fps yourself.

Then add to that the inferior controls.

You can't fix shader compilation issues no matter the hardware and fps.

Last edited:

kyliethicc

buy a PS5

PS5 is the solution
Denzel Washington Movie GIF

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Cyberpunk was better on PC than consoles. Console versions were a total disaster.

Horizon ZD was fixed. It’s the definitive edition.

Sackboy fixed

Gotham Knights 30fps shitsville on consoles

Elden Ring was bad on consoles. The PS4 version in BC is better than the PS5 version lol.

PC Spiderman is superior to the PS5 version which runs at lower settings and worse RTX.

I mean, who are we kidding here? Bad PC ports are bad PC ports, and bad ports are even worse on consoles. Evil West has to run at 1080p if you want 60fps on a PS5 lol.

Developers need to be held to better standards, plain and simple. STOP preordering games and buying day one! Wait to hear how the port is at least before running out to buy these games.

MiguelItUp

I must be dodging a lot of bullets, because even the "worst" issues for me have been pretty small and easy to work with. The worst one was Cyberpunk, but even then I was able to complete it. I haven't played too much Calisto yet, but I have notice a bit of small stuttering, doesn't seem too insane yet though, but we'll see. Gonna keep an eye on the time to refund if needed.

It's all different strokes though. I have a PC, PS5, and a Switch, and for the most part I've had a great experience with, well, everything. It's nice knowing that if for some reason PC is completely FUBAR'd, I can fall back on PS5. But so far, I haven't had that issue. I DO have a 3080, but even when I had a 2080, everything felt more than fine.

Also, Gotham Knights just looked like ass everywhere, that's not on PC by any means. It was just an unfortunately poorly developed game. Seeing it beside Arkham Knight on any platform speaks volumes, lol.

Let this be a lesson to some of you fools. STOP PREORDING GAMES.
Unless you're on Steam since the return policy is actually really solid. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom