• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enemies that consistently fucked your shit up this gen?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Sifu:

Seans Disciples.

maxresdefault.jpg

The 2 Assassins RIGHT before the actual boss....

16975931fbf18a5e7dacb2662144dd18ce3f463c.gif

59e20ab73c890ee6c06207926f6c6482f05aa8f1.gif

Sean. By far the hardest boss of the gen for me thus far. I must have died 60+ times straight before I beat this fucker.

But the 2 Disciples before him, arguably even harder

What a game. 10/10 combat.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Usually in here would be something Miyazaki related ... but he chose to launch the easiest souls game to date and appease to the casuals with Elden Ring ... so nothing really kicked my ass this gen yet

Punished Miku

Gold Member
much much easier said than done lol

But when I finally beat them, they never killed me again. I friggin love this game
Its a brutal game, but I did get the platinum. My suggestion - dodge and punch on an opening and then immediately trip, or throw them off a ledge or down that slope. But yeah they whooped my ass dozens of times. Great game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cuphead bosses. I gave up at the Sunflower boss after dying probably 30 times. I barely got through the game as that boss is maybe only the 3rd or 4th boss at that point.

I could had tried getting through the game in that Easy Mode. But I'm not doing that.

Fredrik

Not exactly a fan of rune bears, crucible knight, basilisk of death, the rot pest shrimp things in Elden Ring…
Plus certain bosses like Fire Giant, Maliketh, Radagon/Elden Beast. Everybody talked about Malenia but those three mentioned were way more difficult for me.
Still love the game. #2 all time after Super Metroid.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
Sifu:

Seans Disciples.

maxresdefault.jpg

The 2 Assassins RIGHT before the actual boss....

16975931fbf18a5e7dacb2662144dd18ce3f463c.gif

59e20ab73c890ee6c06207926f6c6482f05aa8f1.gif

Sean. By far the hardest boss of the gen for me thus far. I must have died 60+ times straight before I beat this fucker.

But the 2 Disciples before him, arguably even harder

What a game. 10/10 combat.
I have this downloaded, but have yet to start it. This thread made me excited to play it soon.

SHA

I'm a pro but I'm sure dumb quests makes me numb for how stupid they could get.

Last edited:

These 2 pricks

There's good ways to do a difficult boss and bad ways.... These 2 assholes are a checklist in how to do everything bad😅

I still haven't beaten them but I fucking will!

I managed to beat them after 100 tries on Jedi Master difficulty and then...............................the final challenge 2 fucking rancors in a small arena...both with insta kill swipe mechanics. I gave up the challenge. Whoever thought it was a good idea can go fuck himself.

I managed to beat them after 100 tries on Jedi Master difficulty and then...............................the final challenge 2 fucking rancors in a small arena...both with insta kill swipe mechanics. I gave up the challenge. Whoever thought it was a good idea can go fuck himself.
Two Rancors oh no...🙃

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I have this downloaded, but have yet to start it. This thread made me excited to play it soon.
Truly fantastic combat

However keep in mind I played it on release, before they patched it and added an easy/normal mode. It was one difficulty mode before, and these guys were effing brutal.

Still give it a go it’s an amazing game once you learn the combat there’s nothing else like it imo

Last edited:

_Ex_

Amored Core 6's IB-01: CEL 240 was quite the mother fucker.

Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp-3.gif

Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp-4.gif

Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp-1-1.gif

Took me a while to figure out AC configuration that worked for this fight.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
My choice as well, these things are the fucking worst.
And to Danjin44 Danjin44

I found out by accident and far too late that one heal spell, even from a low level in faith, pretty much insta-kills these guys if they're in the radius.

I wish Rune Bear had a similar weakness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom