• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulation on the Deck

FStubbs

Ok. How about other games?

Old Raspberry Pi3s can run Mario 64 at full speed but good luck managing Conker on the same emulators/settings.

Some games are easier to emulate than others. Some games may also be heavily targeted by the emulator authors, like how BOTW was the target for CEMU and the game played great, even though most others had all sorts of issues.

Look, i'm not saying the Deck isn't going to be able to do it but knowing about emulation, my expectations are low.
Good question. Ask the folks posting these videos of Switch emulation.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
People are showing videos of systems dramatically weaker than Steamdeck like the Aya Neo running Super Mario Odyssey at 60fps
More like inconsistent 40-60 fps with hitches here and there and the Aya Neo has a 6 core CPU, we'll see if the 4 cores on the Steam Deck are faster-enough to make up for the lack of the 2 (which could also be used to eliminate OS overhead, especially with Aya being Windows by default).

FStubbs

More like inconsistent 40-60 fps with hitches here and there and the Aya Neo has a 6 core CPU, we'll see if the 4 cores on the Steam Deck are faster-enough to make up for the lack of the 2 (which could also be used to eliminate OS overhead, especially with Aya being Windows by default).
I forgot the post but someone had a spec breakdown of how the Steamdeck is dramatically more powerful than the Neo.

Top Bottom