• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring surpasses 20 million sales

SeraphJan

Add an easy mode and we'll make it 20 million and one.
There is, level up more, take the easier fights first, find better gear before taking more challenging fights, its an action RPG afterall.

If you find a fight that is way too difficult, this mostly means you are either under leveled or under geared, the difficulty in this game is very balanced and manageable.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Schitts Creek Good Job GIF by CBC

Mr Moose

Not sure where that number comes from. The 20.5 in the links are %.
[デジタル事業]
デジタル事業につきましては、家庭用ゲームにおいて、前連結会計年度に発売したワールドワイド向け大型タイトル
「ELDEN RING(エルデンリング)」等の既存タイトルのリピート販売が海外を中心に好調に推移したほか、当連結会計
年度に発売した複数の新作タイトルの販売が安定的に推移しました。ネットワークコンテンツにおいては、「DRAGON
BALL」シリーズや「ONE PIECE」等の主力タイトルや前連結会計年度にサービスを開始したタイトルがIPのメディア
展開との連動やユーザーに向けた継続的な施策により好調に推移しました。なお、利益面においては前連結会計年度と
比較して、家庭用ゲームにおけるタイトル編成の違いに加え、プロダクトミックスの変化が影響しました。また、同事
業においては、国内外で競争が激化するマーケット環境を踏まえ、クオリティを重視したタイトルの提供を目的とし、
タイトルの開発状況やビジネスプランをより厳しく見直した結果、一部仕掛品の評価損等約130億円を計上しました。
この結果、デジタル事業における売上高は385,681百万円(前期比2.0%増)、セグメント利益は49,339百万円(前期
比29.1%減)となりました
この結果、IPプロデュース事業における売上高は81,748百万円(前期比2.2%増)、セグメント利益は10,645百万
円(前期比20.5%増)となりました
(注)包括利益 2023年3月期 116,064百万円 (20.5%) 2022年3月期 96,299百万円 (6.4%
Unless I am missing something.

feynoob

Not sure where that number comes from. The 20.5 in the links are %.

Unless I am missing something.
Translations for that.

[Digital Business]
Regarding the digital business, repeat sales of existing titles such as "ELDEN RING" for home video games performed well, mainly overseas. Additionally, the stable sales of multiple new titles released during the fiscal year contributed to positive results. In the network content sector, major titles like the "DRAGON BALL" series and "ONE PIECE," as well as newly launched titles from the previous fiscal year, showed favorable performance due to integrated media deployment and continuous measures targeting users. However, there were differences in title composition and changes in product mix that impacted profitability compared to the previous fiscal year. To prioritize quality offerings in the increasingly competitive domestic and international market environment, the development status and business plans for titles were rigorously reviewed, resulting in an impairment loss of approximately 13 billion yen for certain works in progress. As a result, the digital business achieved sales of 385,681 million yen (2.0% increase from the previous year) and a segment profit of 49,339 million yen (29.1% decrease from the previous year).

As a result, the IP Production business achieved sales of 81,748 million yen (2.2% increase from the previous year) and a segment profit of 10,645 million yen (20.5% increase from the previous year).

(Note: Consolidated net income for the fiscal year ended March 2023 was 116,064 million yen, representing a 20.5% increase compared to the fiscal year ended March 2022, which was 96,299 million yen, representing a 6.4% increase.)

Mr Moose

Translations for that.

[Digital Business]
Regarding the digital business, repeat sales of existing titles such as "ELDEN RING" for home video games performed well, mainly overseas. Additionally, the stable sales of multiple new titles released during the fiscal year contributed to positive results. In the network content sector, major titles like the "DRAGON BALL" series and "ONE PIECE," as well as newly launched titles from the previous fiscal year, showed favorable performance due to integrated media deployment and continuous measures targeting users. However, there were differences in title composition and changes in product mix that impacted profitability compared to the previous fiscal year. To prioritize quality offerings in the increasingly competitive domestic and international market environment, the development status and business plans for titles were rigorously reviewed, resulting in an impairment loss of approximately 13 billion yen for certain works in progress. As a result, the digital business achieved sales of 385,681 million yen (2.0% increase from the previous year) and a segment profit of 49,339 million yen (29.1% decrease from the previous year).

As a result, the IP Production business achieved sales of 81,748 million yen (2.2% increase from the previous year) and a segment profit of 10,645 million yen (20.5% increase from the previous year).

(Note: Consolidated net income for the fiscal year ended March 2023 was 116,064 million yen, representing a 20.5% increase compared to the fiscal year ended March 2022, which was 96,299 million yen, representing a 6.4% increase.)
Yeah, doesn't match what the article/Era post says.
[Digital business]
In the digital business, in home video games, major worldwide titles released in the previous consolidated fiscal year
Repeat sales of existing titles such as "ELDEN RING" were strong, especially overseas, worldwide sales reaching 20.5 million. New Worldwide titles got off to slow starts, but Smaller more Medium Sized Products moved steadily.

Last edited:

badblue

Add an easy mode

Serious Question: Does "Easy Mode" need to be a menu option or something that can be done through game play?
Elden Ring seems to take the latter approach.

I am an Astrologer focusing on INT magic. This gives you access to Pebble and Arc, two early game spells that are shockingly good at doing damage for the mana they cost, and can be carried well into the game. The whole thing with spellcasting is that you can kite enemies endlessly and be a lot safer than you would be at melee range. Yes, you have to manage your mana, but generally speaking, it’s a much easier way to fight.
The second thing you’ll discover is that frequent use of ash summons are even better for mages because you want something to tank the damage and aggro while you are slinging spells from a distance. While you can use your starter wolves, you will soon unlock a ton of summons, and my best ones are the Skeletal Militiamen, a pair of skeletons that constantly resurrect themselves after being killed. You can get those guys after killing a boss here, in Summonwater Village.

The final piece of the early game domination puzzle here is a specific staff and spell that will carry you through endless boss fights. If you make your way to Caelid early on, you can find the Meteorite Staff and a spell it boosts, Rock Sling, which hurls three chunky rocks at your enemies. This is a blistering spell to use against bosses, particularly bosses that are busy with ash summons, and I’ve crushed everything I’ve come into contact with since I got it (I still use other spells for rank and file enemies).

This pair of items are not hidden behind a boss or dungeon, they’re just hanging out in some ruins in a swamp that you would be unlikely to randomly run into early in the game, if ever. My friend Nem showed me where to get them, and even if I am mostly trying to play the game blind, I have zero regrets about acquiring these two things.

feynoob

Yeah, doesn't match what the article/Era post says.
I think the data might be hidden on the file.

If you go to resetera post, you see 2 link page. Capcom one has documents that contains 21 page.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I think the data might be hidden on the file.

If you go to resetera post, you see 2 link page. Capcom one has documents that contains 21 page.
Yeah it's there on the 2nd one, weird, why wasn't it on the other :messenger_weary:
Screenshot20230513.png

事業別の概況をご説明します。
デジタル事業は、家庭用ゲームのリピートタイトル販売本数が、21年
度の3,094万本に対し、22年度は3,473万本となりました。また、
「ELDEN RING」については、ワールドワイドでの累計販売本数が
2,050万本となりました。新作のワールドワイド向けタイトルは、若
干スロースタートとなりましたが、複数の中小型の新作タイトルが安
定的に推移しました。

LordOfChaos

Good for them, well deserved. Wow, this 10xed Bloodborne though?

I do think they should take some time for heavy engine upgrades before a next title. And then Bloodborne 2 heheh.

Saber

Gold Member
Thats lovely, great games do pay out. Really happy for them, more than deserved.

Can't wait for the DLC and Amored Core.

Last edited:
I'am currently replying this. In some ways it is the best game ever but it's also the most frustrating.

It's incredible but Christ there's so much wrong with it.

Still well deserved the success either way.

Mr Hyde

Yui Tanimura is the real MVP of Elden Ring. It's thanks to his amazing talent and directing skills that ER is so good and that it has surpassed 20 million sales.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
100 hours for me. Did everything I could find. Malenia, mohg and all that stuff.
Incredible game. Way too hard... annoyingly so. It just feels they had to amp up the speed of some late game bosses.
I am more keen to replay souls games because they are more compact and replayable. Open world games are not.
I will replay it one day but I don't feel the same temptation as with souls games.
Because it's open world and huge and I know the rewards for caves and bosses, the replicability is reduced.
In Souls, everything is content. There is no bloat, travel, random caves and so on.
As for the combat - I think it's too fast and too aggressive. Some bosses don't five you time to fight. You wait for their raging to quit, to maybe sneak in a hit or two. Feels frantic. overuse of reskin bosses hurts too.
This is something that people underappreciate with Dark Souls 2. it got a lot of bosses but each is different and exists to add flavor to the area. They didn't feel the need to make every boss faster and crazier except shitty sotfs dlc.

Again - The game is impossibly good. I am still launching it every now and then just o run around and see if I can find anything I could've missed.

I think them ignoring the requests and then selling 20 million copies clowns those who keep crying for it.
Well until the add an easy mode we won't know for sure if it will affect sales or not, although I personally think its allowed the series to stand out.

One thing I'am absolutely certain of is that the default difficulty in elden ring is all over the fucking place. I am currently playing it now I am either getting pounded into the dirt or I am pounding a boss into the dirt with nothing in between.

Seriously I've done the first 3 regions and I'am not sure I've had a balanced boss fight.

It's all very well having one difficulty setting but it has to be turned right.I don't think FROM did it particularly well with Elden ring.

Rockondevil

I dislike souls games generally but Elden Ring was one of the best games I’ve played.
The approach that you can grind to essentially have an Easy mode is what did it for me. And I grinded hard.

Top Bottom