• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthfall |OT| Almost Left 4 Dead, Almost

cormack12

Gold Member
untitled-1zluo4.png

If you have any questions element element is part of the team that made this game and can offer some advice. As of now I can't find it on the PSN UK store.

GIFS
ef-gif-wmk-02.gif
ef-gif-wmk-03.gif

Earthfall-Gaming-Cypher.gif
ef-gif-wmk-04.gif

GAMEPLAY/TRAILERS

PRO and X1X SUPPORT
To be patched in

Useful PSBlog post
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/07/12/co-op-shooter-earthfall-out-on-ps4-tomorrow/

Last edited:

Toe-Knee

This looks awesome. A great time to launch a game too with it being a quiet period.

Do we have any idea what the pro support will be? Any HDR?

The Shepard

So is this like left 4 dead from the thread title? If so I may get it as that game was excellent.the gifts look awesome. I'll watch the videos when I get 5 mins, date night.

wipeout364

Matchmaking is terrible. I found a group through looking for group on Xbox but I tried several times in game yesterday and today and have never found one game going on.

On Xbox the game is mediocre unfortunately weapons feel like garbage and the game looks ok not great. If you’ve played left for dead then you know what you are getting with some minor basebuilding mechanics. But the weapons just feel off it might be the netcode but nothing feels like it has any heft to it shooting and impact.

Honestly Vermintide two is so much better it’s insane. It’s too bad they released this at the same time it’s really unfortunate I hope they can survive and support it because I bought it day one and I want it to be good; but it’s really not at this point in time.

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah I was thinking xbox numbers might be low. It's on the US PSN store but not GB which is frustrating me element element - any ideas on this? I mean I still have the 7GB download on PC to upgrade early access but I really wanted this on console.

It's a little rough and I think I'd compare it to a TCM for UT2K4 but the developers have committed to post release support so I think it will only go from strength from strength. But it needs to be available first! I'm guessing the delay is Sony's end, it always is. And any quick hotfixes need applying.

wipeout364

If they can make the matchmaking more effective that would be a start. The looking for group option worked but it would be nice if quick play could get you into a game.

The game has reasonbly good art, the aliens are ok looking the level design is pretty descent. The guns have a good selection in the game but lack feed back on firing and impact.

I really enjoy this type of game so I am hopeful that between the three platforms they can make it better.

I don’t really like the character design. This is not a big deal but they all look ugly to me and lack personality in their visual design. The character skins in the collectors edition are lame but the weapon skins are quite nice.

wipeout364

I didn’t realize element was part of the design team. I am glad to support a fellow long time GAF member. Like I’ve said above I have nothing but good will for the game I just hope sales are enough that they can keep supporting it and tune it up.

Snoopycat

Banned
I did a shareplay with my buddy on the PS4. He couldn't find any players so I guess it's already been left for dead

Snoopycat

Banned
I saw advert for a game called Strange Brigade the other day. It got me all excited cos it looks like we're finally going to get a decent L4D style game

Mochilador

It's L4D with aliens. Seriously.
It's a cool game but the gun sounds are pretty bad. The pistol sounds really weak, like you are shooting peas.

I also heard complaints that the guns sounds from your partners sound tiny as well. They REALLY need to fix the sounds and then add content.

EBE

Finally finished with my Master's program. Think I'll pick this up. Vermintide 2 is great fun but light on gunplay, which I want more of

cormack12

Gold Member
How is the game guys? Worth picking up?

I'd say so yeah, the roadmap looks impressive and if you're on PS4 there are a decent amount of people playing. You can also use the 'communities' to find other players. Think this might be a slow burner but when it gets traction with some improvements I think it will take off. I hope so anyway

The Skull

Looks interesting and I'm sure the roadmap will help potential buyers. Communication is key and I'd be willing to give this a go. Do we know if it supports steam workshop?

element

Looks interesting and I'm sure the roadmap will help potential buyers. Communication is key and I'd be willing to give this a go. Do we know if it supports steam workshop?
No plans for workshop support at this time. It would be a pretty time-consuming task to include and the focus right now is on adding new features and modes.

The Skull

No plans for workshop support at this time. It would be a pretty time-consuming task to include and the focus right now is on adding new features and modes.

That's fair enough and hopefully something that could be looked at once you've got all the content in you want. Gave L4D long legs even till today and I'm sure it would do the same for you guys. Will give this a go on payday!

Vtecomega

Banned
I'd say so yeah, the roadmap looks impressive and if you're on PS4 there are a decent amount of people playing. You can also use the 'communities' to find other players. Think this might be a slow burner but when it gets traction with some improvements I think it will take off. I hope so anyway

Awesome. ill download it today :alien:(y)

Left For Space.

Was about to say I'll never buy a multiplayer-only game at 30€ especially since it's just a L4D mod, but for some reason I already have it...guess I'll try it then because the concept is great.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
I picked up Earthfall at the discounted price on Steam and I'm glad I did. The game is a charming "love letter" to the Left for Dead games IMO.

If you loved the LFD series, you'll like this game. The game is a solid fps using Unreal Engine 4. It's a 4 player action/shooter
game where Earth has been invaded by nasty aliens and you along with your friends battle across maps to get to the objectives.

You can play campaign missions via solo(with bots) or multiplayer, "Invader/horde" mode solo(3 other bots play with you ala LFD) or multiplayer, can make your own games to play online, etc.

The PC version is still on sale today via Steam for 70% off(think it ends sometime today so hurry!) at $8.99 with the deluxe version setting you back $11.99.

While the online player base isn't huge, it seems to be a sizeable, nice group of dedicated fans(many I assume LFD veterans) and the Steam forum for the game
is active for players wanting to add others.

Perhaps we can organize a NeoGAF group for Earthfall here if one doesn't exist already?

The game is available on PC, Xbox and PS4.

Top Bottom