• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early Prediction thread: GOTY 2023 nominees ?

What 6 games will be nominated for GOTY 2023?

• Arc Raiders

• Redfall

• Resident Evil 4 Remake

• Hogwarts Legacy

• Forspoken

• Forza Motorsport

• Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League

• STALKER 2

• Final Fantasy XVI

• Starfield

• Minecraft Legends

• Hollow Knight Silksong

• Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

• Alan Wake 2

• Stellar Blade

• Wild Hearts

• Star Wars Jedi Survivor

• Street Fighter 6

• Atomic Heart

• Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

• Diablo IV

• Legend of Zelda Tears of The Kingdom

• Fire Emblem Engage

• Dead Island 2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

T4keD0wN

Starfield, Final Fantasy 16, Zelda and Spiderman 2 are going to be played by the most voters so those are the safest and only realistic picks. I expect baldurs gate 3 to be much better than all of those.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
The games I'm most expecting for 2023 are ... Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield.
Have you played BG3? How does it fare compared to BG2? I played it this year and man, I loved that game, specially the lengthy sidequests and the overall sense of adventure.

fermcr

Have you played BG3? How does it fare compared to BG2? I played it this year and man, I loved that game, specially the lengthy sidequests and the overall sense of adventure.

Waiting for the final release before playing Baldur's Gate 3. Larian Studios previous games (Divinity Original Sin series) tells me it's going to be great.

Lupin25

Tears of the Kingdom
Spider-Man 2
Starfield
Final Fantasy XVI
Diablo IV
Hollow Knight Silksong

The surest bets to me for now. There’s also indies like Tchia, Little Devil Inside & Replaced I have on my radar for games next year.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Spider-Man 2????????????????
Yes GIF by Brittany Broski

Airbus Jr

Banned
It is zelda tears of kingdom man 90% for sure will win 2023 GOTY competition locked esp if its better than botw

Unless the other game spiderman 2, ff16 starfield, diablo iv turns out really good and outstanding but i doubt it

Last edited:

Camreezie

Starfield
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Final Fantasy 16
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Spiderman 2

Are the obvious choices imo , i think possibly Starfield and or Star Wars get usurped by some surprise games e.g Hades , It takes two

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Final Fantasy XVI will be up there too. I hope Alan Wake 2 gets nominated, I love Remedy Games

yurinka

Zelda BotW2
Spider-Man 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantaxy XVI
Starfield
RE4R

I will never understand why Sony or MS never funded Bayonetta.
Because it never had good sales. Plus in the case of Sony, because they have the best selling hack & slash series: God of War plus all the other hack & slash titles except Bayonetta.

Last edited:
Zelda BotW2
Spider-Man 2
Street Fighter 6
Final Fantaxy XVI
Starfield
RE4R

Because it never had good sales. Plus in the case of Sony, because they have the best selling hack & slash series: God of War plus all the other hack & slash titles except Bayonetta.
But someone just told me Bayonetta 3 was more fun than Elden Ring? I r confused. Who do I believe? Which NeoGaf oracle is lying to me?

yurinka

But someone just told me Bayonetta 3 was more fun than Elden Ring? I r confused. Who do I believe? Which NeoGaf oracle is lying to me?
Some people may prefer Bayonetta 3 over Elden Ring. But looking at sales the Souls -specially Elden Ring- sell better than Bayo games, so I assume way more people prefer them over Bayonetta.

killatopak

My bet is on Starfield, FFXVI, Zelda and Spiderman.

goty generally tend to favor mass appeal and story based games.

2022 is not a wrap. Elden Ring, Ragnarök and Horizon are obvious nominations, but I think the other 3 are up in the air. I would guess Xenoblade, Plague Tale and Bayonetta though.

Last edited:
It’s kinda sad that four of the games are essentially a lock for the nominations before we have played or barely even seen the games. Zelda, Starfield, Spider-Man, FFXVI. We might as well do the GOTY 2023 right now…

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Starfield, Spider-Man 2, Jedi Survivor

Or at least these are the ones that I'm psyched for the most. I don't really give a shit about GOTY awards. They're about as much of a joke as the Oscars are.

RE4 has a lot of votes but if we’re talking The Game Awards I doubt it will make it. There are a lot of games coming next year so a remake will likely be passed over for nominations.

Starfield, REmake4, Zelda, SFVI, Spider man 2 all seem like the strongest contenders.

Though I will say, I think Nintendo has something for new hardware as well.

TOTK is obvious going to win everything.

Other than that the only real contender is Starfield. I hope Diablo IV, Motorsport, and Hogwarts Legacy are good but I don't think they'll be GOTY. Motorsport I'm not too worried about...Forza is the best car series going right now and it'd take a lot to fuck it up. Diablo IV looks good on paper so far but we'll see what bullshit Blizzard get up to. As big a HP fan as I am, I'm probably most worried about this. It's being made by a studio who had only worked on mostly Disney shit with the most well known game probably being Disney Infinity series. They could pull it off but I just mean HL looks far more ambitious than anything they've done before.

GymWolf

Zelda is gonna overrate his way to victory once again.

Starfield as a frontrunner.

Lol at people thinking that ff16 is gonna beat these 2

spons

Gold Member
Starfield will be a buggy mess of a game, and I will love it. I don't expect it will be GOTY material.
Probably going to be Zelda.

GymWolf

Holy shit people really think spidey 2 has even the smallest chance to win?:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom