• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA play OT - Keep your expectations in check

supernova8

Banned
Yeah that Ignite travesty really got my expections through the roof at the time. I've no doubt it will look better, but most games shown off so far haven't exactly amazed everyone. And with Fifa it usually looks better on the second iteration on next-gen consoles. I'd settle for a better career mode, but this is EA.

Yeah absolutely. I think the last times I was impressed by FIFA was FIFA 2001 (first good looking PS2 game) and then FIFA 10 (first PS3/360 version with great graphics AND substantially changed gameplay). I think I played FIFA 10 at uni with my friends far too much and did far too little work. After that, I remember FIFA 17 being amazing but after that nothing seemed to change that much.

Hopefully we'll get a true next-gen experience with FIFA 22 but I'm not so confident...

Banned
I just hope they'll do cross play in Apex correctly, as in like Fortnite.

1 account shared across all systems.

because I currently play on PS4 since my group plays on PS4.
the game runs like ass on PS4 tho, so I'd like it to have Xbox One X and PC as an Option to play on without losing my progress!

that's doubly true because the new systems will arrive basically at the same time as that update so I'd like to play Apex on Series X without losing all my stuff...

Rocket Arena is a solid game, I played it last year at E3, had fun. This looks a lot more polished now than back then. Keep an eye out for it.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Sounds a bit nicer than expected after all. They have to try to fuck it up. They seem to have power management in, inertia in, in some capacity at least, different classes and some kind of objectives in mp even though it's still just 5 v 5, it has to be fun at worst, if not exactly have longevity. Also they've yet to confirm the leak rumblings before the announcement where people said it's "focused" on the multiplayer so perhaps the campaigns won't be so bad.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Sorry not in the loop.

What is wrong with Greg Miller?

He's just really annoying to listen to. It's like he's a 50 year old trying to be cool with the kids. He tries too hard.
Just watch EA Play 2019, he hosted that too and it was also garbage.

To be fair to him, this EA Play was pretty shit regardless of who they had to host it. Definitely didn't need to run for an hour.

Piggoro

gonna preorder Squadrons now after what I saw
Come on dude! It's EA we're talking about. Besides why pre-order? They run out of games? Wait till release and reviews.
I'm very interested in that game but I'll wait till October, see what's what and then buy/don't buy.

Last edited:

Hudo

I am really glad that I didn't stay up for this. I had no expectations and was still disappointed. Maybe they should've just said "You know guys, with Corona-chan and next-gen approaching, we don't have anything to show this year. But here's some deals on all of our games on all platforms! Go and have fun! Cheers, EA."

That being said, Command & Conquer Remastered Collection will probably be my GOTY 2020.

nikolino840

hxtX2H5.jpg

Top Bottom