• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA play OT - Keep your expectations in check

I would be excited for Apex news but I stopped playing it when I was met with the BLM shit as soon as I loaded in to the menu.

Can we expect any suprises from this conf?

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Sure thing OP. But we will see Squadrons gameplay and Hazelights new game teased. That may be all that we see besides sports games sadly. But I am really hoping for a Battlefield teaser.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Curious to what they announce about the Battlefield franchise. New game? Remake/Remaster of previous game?

I'm hoping for at least one new IP surprise.

Always down for more Need for Speed. Last one reinvigorated franchise. Unless there's new IP that's all I care about from them. Need more single player games. Kinda sad.

Need For Speed Underground Remake, but the cars have been replaced with strong women.
make it sexy women and I'm in.

1472124020-1569481549.png

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I'm certain EA will deliver the goods this time. I'm expecting they will release Dead Space trilogy remastered for next gen, along with a trailer for Dead Space 4. After that they will announce Mass Effect 5 and Titanfall 3 while shadow dropping Mirror's Edge 3, Unravel 3 and Battlefield 6 tonight, for free.

Wait what's that? Expectations in check? WTF Come on! It's EA. They always deliver! Right? Right? Somebody...? No...

😥

Looking forward to all the ETC 21 announcements.

Please give me the following:

NFS Underground remaster
A new IP and or a revival of an older IP
That Starwars game better be good
Battlefield 3 Remake or remaster
Next Battlefield teaser

That's all I want. Thanks.

Meowzers

I'm a big footie fan, but Fifa 21 will just be a shinier experience on next-gen consoles. Same FUT crap rammed down everyone's throats. I'd like to see some Battlefield content too, and maybe a big new IP that shocks everyone for the right reasons.

SantaC

Curious to what they announce about the Battlefield franchise. New game? Remake/Remaster of previous game?

I'm hoping for at least one new IP surprise.
rumors say that there will be nothing about the next battlefield, we'll see.

Meowzers

just show some gameplay of ufc4 or a new fight night, it's all i ask from EA.
Doubt we'll see another Fight Night again. It's all UFC these days. I don't mind it, but there's a steep learning curve when it comes to grappling for me.

I would like EA to go back to do rugby games, but that's got even less chance than Fight Night.

GymWolf

Doubt we'll see another Fight Night again. It's all UFC these days. I don't mind it, but there's a steep learning curve when it comes to grappling for me.

I would like EA to go back to do rugby games, but that's got even less chance than Fight Night.
boxing is living a good era right now, never say never.

JLB

Banned
they're going to show FIFA and Madden even tho noone cares, and I already hate the stream for it

Yeah sure, no one cares FIFA or Madden. Its just EA execs buying millons of copies all over the world because... reasons.

JimiNutz

Banned
just show some gameplay of ufc4 or a new fight night, it's all i ask from EA.

UFC4 has gotta be there.

They're doing a beta for the game soon (I signed up for it) so the game is likely coming out this year.

Rumour is that Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are playable as well so unlikely that we will see another Fight Night anytime soon.

Im only here for Squadrons and to get hyped about the next battlefield only to settle down once I remember that they totally fucked up the last two.

supernova8

Banned
I'm expecting to see FIFA running 'in-engine' and then when it releases it'll look nothing like that. Just like they did with that bollocks on the Ignite Engine for PS4.

All I want is a FIFA with graphics comparable to NBA 2K and then Battlefield 6 in a modern warfare setting, essentially just a better version of BF4.

Anything else is a bonus, if they can just give me those two things I'll forgive them for being generally shit.

Audiophile

Hopefully this has some next-gen related stuff, at this point -- after TLOUII, GOT & CP2077 -- I'm basically done with this gen. More of the same with a lick of paint doesn't interest me, I need exciting new stuff that's not possible on current consoles. I want to terminate my relationship with Jaguar cores and mechanical HDDs.

A preview of next-gen Battlefield would be nice. I really wanna see TitanFall 3 (Apex does nothing for me whatsoever), but I really don't know if Respawn are even gonna bother despite TF2 being the best FPS of the generation. Always hungry for more Dead Space, but it seems most of the people who worked on the first two aren't around anymore and I'm sure EA will knob it up.

As for Mirror's Edge, the first was a great proof of concept, Catalyst was such a let down and while I'd love DICE to give it another shot and redeem the series I'm guessing it's dead..

Now how about some Fight Night!

So, expectations sorta in check.. 🤪

Last edited:

Meowzers

I'm expecting to see FIFA running 'in-engine' and then when it releases it'll look nothing like that. Just like they did with that bollocks on the Ignite Engine for PS4.

All I want is a FIFA with graphics comparable to NBA 2K and then Battlefield 6 in a modern warfare setting, essentially just a better version of BF4.

Anything else is a bonus, if they can just give me those two things I'll forgive them for being generally shit.

Yeah that Ignite travesty really got my expections through the roof at the time. I've no doubt it will look better, but most games shown off so far haven't exactly amazed everyone. And with Fifa it usually looks better on the second iteration on next-gen consoles. I'd settle for a better career mode, but this is EA.

Top Bottom