• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

DJIzana

I'd still like to see them announce a new Wild Arms. Especially after that tweet regarding the games anniversary not too long ago.

elxX2TA.jpg

z6BQpou.jpg

Maybe i just missed it but i couldn't see anyone say what this concept art is for, what game is it?

Insomniac has 230 employees. They just released Edge of Nowhere and Ratchet and Clank was just a couple months ago. They still have two more Oculus Rift games (The Unspoken and Feral Rites) and a Gamestop game (Song of the deep) in development. And they're supposed to have a Spiderman game ready to show at E3? Maybe I'm underestimating their efficiency or the game is still very early, but I would be surprised if it was Insomniac (if the game exists at all).

All great grounded points, I agree, they are big, but they are spread pretty thin right now, and just coming off Ratchet, they aren't going to have much to show off but maybe a logo..

However, that would go with the hint that Sony may be showing everything they have, even stuff years away....

I personally don't believe Insomniac is making a Spider-Man game....

icespide

Banned
Boy, that's a lot of assumptions. Who's to say Insomniac wanted to do Spidey?

I'm not really taking a stand either way I just think it's obvious why insomniac's stance on "owning the IP" would be different for a new Ratchet game vs a Spider-man game

So, where are we doing E3 Predictions? I know we have all been throwing stuff around, but our Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock predictions?

So much has leaked this week it is making it more difficult to clear my mind and throw some Miss Cleo stuff down.

Well it sure as hell ain't Sucker Punch so...

I didn't believe that rumor either. Just seems like both dev studios have far too much credibility to do a Movie Licensed game. And since this would have to be a movie licensed game for Sony to be able to make it, I just think that puts to many restrictions story and gameplay wise for Insomniac or Sucker Punch to be doing it.

However, money does talk so there is always that element.

Dinjooh

Which is why they made that Ratchet game, right? :p

I think after Fuse/Overstrike and Sunset Overdrive both bombed commercially, and in combination with their weird smaller game experiments (Song of the Deep with GameTrust, their Oculus games), it would make a lot of sense for them to try really going all-in on somebody else's IP. The new Ratchet also shows that they're not afraid to get back into bed with Sony, and now would be about the right time to hear about a new game from the SO team.

Plus, as stated elsewhere, Sunset Overdrive's open-world traversal-based gameplay provides a pretty direct foundation for something like an open-world Spider-Man. I think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if you think of Insomniac as the studio behind Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, but when you look at them as the developers of Sunset Overdrive, the whole thing starts to make a lot more sense.

Granted, there's a huge chance I'll look back at this post this time next week and laugh at how I was fooling myself, but it's worth a thought.

Njah, seems on point. I was gonna write something along these lines as well.

Then my grass allergy fucked me over and I had to take a nap instead.

N.Domixis

Banned
So, where are we doing E3 Predictions? I know we have all been throwing stuff around, but our Stone Cold Lead Pipe Lock predictions?

So much has leaked this week it is making it more difficult to clear my mind and throw some Miss Cleo stuff down.
Makes me wonder why they are showing everything, scared of MS?

do you guys really not get why Ratchet and Clank is different for Insomniac than being farmed out for some Spider-man game?

My argument is Insomniac isn't just going to make games that they own the IP. However, I dont believe the Spiderman thing.

Makes me wonder why they are showing everything, scared of MS?

I wasn't even talking about Sony specifically lol. I mean, I shouldn't have used the word leaks I guess, but we already have a bit of info for things from the console makers and mulitplat publishers. Some is just leaks on this forum, however.

I really like the idea of a Spiderman game developed by Sucker Punch, but I have doubts about it being a console exclusive for some reason. Just seems like Marvel/Disney would want it dispersed as widely as possible. Unless I'm mistaken on which major studio has the publishing rights?

Eylos

Banned
I really like the idea of a Spiderman game developed by Sucker Punch, but I have doubts about it being a console exclusive for some reason. Just seems like Marvel/Disney would want it dispersed as widely as possible. Unless I'm mistaken on which major studio has the publishing rights?

this thing about spiderman rights its a mess, sony owns what from spiderman in these days?

Depends how late it gets - Stream is in like 2 hours isn't it?
Not sure if that's how bish verification works :G

Well, I am thinking he is working right now. If it get's revealed in 2h, then you could post it. But you should decide if you want to spill the beans or not. What stream are you talking about btw. ? Deus Ex?

mrqs

After watching, hearding and thinking so much about predictions and stuff about E3, i think that besides the possibility of a new Red Dead, i'm most hyped for the new Sucker Punch game. Hope they're there.

jonno394

Depends how late it gets - Stream is in like 2 hours isn't it?
Not sure if that's how bish verification works :G

Depends how certain you are about the info. You could post it now, but then if we get contradictory info from the stream, you could potentially get banned :/

Top Bottom