• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Dragon's Dogma 2 100% is using the RE Engine

martino

0EqNQ.gif

GymWolf

Oh god, another game with stiff dead animations and no ragdoll...

Well at least the humans characters and environment are gonna be great.

MiguelItUp

I mean... considering even Ghost and Goblins Resurrected ran on it. I'm sure it is.

Good on this dude for missing the mark multiple times on leaked news, but then potentially getting something right when it's pretty much on the nose, lmao.

Fbh

Seems rather obvious.
I expect nice visuals, good performance, good optimization and awkward Uncanny Valley Humans as most other games with the engine.

Sounds like capcom is trying to mandate or at the very least encouraging RE-engine across the board

Maybe it's more flexible but it'll be interesting to see if this ends up being another frostbite situation down the line

Expect to be playing it on PC with a 4080 if you want the full exp. They already said that at this point the spells with full ray-tracing crush the PS5

Varteras

Gold Member
Has anything this guy has said ever actually come true beyond just stating shit anyone could have guessed?

Holy shit, Capcom is going to use their proprietary engine for their next game? Like they've done for the past like... 5 games?

STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES

Seriously, "Dusk Golem" should be a banned phrase on GAF. He's always been a total asshat, even back when he was a GAF member.

Stuart360

Has anything this guy has said ever actually come true beyond just stating shit anyone could have guessed?
He said the new Resi Evil was called 'Village' literally months before Capcom officially announced it.
The guy obviously has contacts, even if people dont want to believe it.

Varteras

Gold Member
He said the new Resi Evil was called 'Village' literally months before Capcom officially announced it.
The guy obviously has contacts, even if people dont want to believe it.
Eh. That reminds me of Thuway from back in the day. Dude got one thing right that he couldn't have known without a source and then ran around saying shit that never came true. He HAD worked in the industry at one point and then he stopped. He was an insider for a few months because of that and then people realized that most of what he said was him reaching.

Stuart360

Eh. That reminds me of Thuway from back in the day. Dude got one thing right that he couldn't have known without a source and then ran around saying shit that never came true. He HAD worked in the industry at one point and then he stopped. He was an insider for a few months because of that and then people realized that most of what he said was him reaching.
Oh come on, how could you just randomly guess 'Village' and it end up being right?. It would be like 50,000 to 1 or even higher.

Mr Hyde

It's hard to believe a sequel to Dragons Dogma is actually happening. Absolutely love the original and to see a next gen sequel is just too much to handle. What a fucking great generation this will be.

Varteras

Gold Member
Oh come on, how could you just randomly guess 'Village' and it end up being right?. It would be like 50,000 to 1 or even higher.
Because like I said. Thuway did the same thing. He got one thing right that he couldn't have known because he had contacts from when he was in the industry. But went on to make a lot of incorrect claims afterwards.

Stuart360

Because like I said. Thuway did the same thing. He got one thing right that he couldn't have known because he had contacts from when he was in the industry. But went on to make a lot of incorrect claims afterwards.
Er so yeah, he got the answer from a contact.

Varteras

Gold Member
Er so yeah, he got the answer from a contact.

Stuart360

Whats that got to do with him obviolusly having a contact at Capcom, hense him getting Village right?.
That all started because of the 'devs struggling to run RE8 at 1080p/60 on PS5' comments. And was so long ago who knows how well the game was running back then, or how old the info was.

None of it changes the fact that he got Village right, with zero chance of it being a total guess.

I dont know the guy, or his history, but i have seen other people say he's got a lot right over the years in regards to Capcom stuff.

Varteras

Gold Member
Whats that got to do with him obviolusly having a contact at Capcom, hense him getting Village right?.
That all started because of the 'devs struggling to run RE8 at 1080p/60 on PS5' comments. And was so long ago who knows how well the game was running back then, or how old the info was.

None of it changes the fact that he got Village right, with zero chance of it being a total guess.

I dont know the guy, or his history, but i have seen other people say he's got a lot right over the years in regards to Capcom stuff.
I'm saying take this guy lightly. He has made shit up before and got called out on it.

Top Bottom