• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSHOCKERS: Microsoft Might Announce A New Xbox Studio Acquisition at E3 2021

ShaikhCroft

38ZTnv1o_400x400.jpg
That would be game over but I don't see it happening!

Spidey Fan

Banned
Yes, true that. But their first console wasn't Xbox.
as publisher, yes. their console wasnt xbox. but as dev, with their own ip, xbox was their first console. but at end of the day, They are pc devs. without pc, they wouldnt have grown big. same for cdpr. funny though for cdpr, their witcher 2 was xbox 360.

Last edited:
as publisher, yes. their console wasnt xbox. but as dev, with their own ip, xbox was their first console. but at end of the day, They are pc devs. without pc, they wouldnt have grown big. same for cdpr. funny though for cdpr, their witcher 2 was xbox 360.
Wrong again. Bethesda was not a publisher for IHRA Drag racing. Bethesda developed a game for PS1. So, their first console was PS1, not Xbox.

Last edited:

skit_data

Before that when Ninja Theory was a company called Just Add Monsters or something like that they made Xbox exclusive Kung Fu Chaos which many Xbox fans would Love to see a sequel for...
Yes, the examples I gave were mostly examples of how Ninja Theory indeed has IP affiliated with Playstation, most notably Heavenly Sword and later Hellblade SS

Spidey Fan

Banned
Wrong again. Bethesda was not a publisher for IHRA Drag racing. Bethesda developed a game for PS1. So, their first console was PS1, not Xbox.
we are having misunderstanding here. Bethesda made the game for ihra for ps1. they didnt make their own game for the ps1 or ps2. hope that clarify it.

If MS gets the next Metal Gear solid exclusive, it’ll push me to buy an Xbox. MGS 1-4 were some of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had.

Renozokii

It’s not interesting is it though? He’s in his 50s wow, 1 foot from the grave then? :messenger_tears_of_joy: Have you seen the list of games he’s worked on as designer, producer or programmer? I’d expect him to be more skilful than 90% of the people posting here.

So we already have a thread called ‘Horizon PS4 vs PS5 differences’ but yeah we need a completely separate one just spunking over water.

You find those 2 brilliant threads worthwhile, it doesn’t surprise me.
There’s a narrative that older gamers don’t tend to be as good, your reactions do factually slow down around 30 or 40 I believe. Don’t act ignorant to that. The lead architect of the ps5 platinuming the hardest ps5 game out is an interesting story. It’s again, about a game that’s actually out.

Yes people celebrate great looking visuals. Literal YouTube series exist about small details in games that get hundreds of thousands of views weekly. Dope looking water is cool.

Yes I find threads about games that exist outside of cgi trailers more interesting than back ground business dealings of a 2 trillion dollar corporation. Sowy

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Anything you'd "announce at E3" would be something small, as it would likely be a small private company.

I'm more Ok with those kind of purchases as their are a lot of indies that are decent but don't have publishers knocking down their doors, and it's good for the devs.

But they are hardly super exciting either lol

reksveks

It's not sega, but they have a new one they are adding to the xbox game studios family. if it's announced at E3 great but i think august for gamescom maybe when that news come
So European?

I am taking the mightiest stretch here with Gamescom being an European event.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
How long until Sony publish the first 'Only on PS now' title?

There is nothing to suggest xbox are going to publish a game that you can't buy.
What about historical precedence? Xbox was the first to put online multiplayer behind a paywall iirc.

Derift

lol whos comparing
Comparing the Bethesda acquisition to the Rare acquisition 20 years ago makes it quite clear you're the one shilling and not the other way around. I understand Neogaf has had you trained that anything that's not criticizing Microsoft is a blind fanboy who's shilling, but that's just not true
reading comprehension seems to be a problem for some folks here...

lol whos comparing

reading comprehension seems to be a problem for some folks here...

You literally were saying they don't manage studios well and your only examples were Rare games, it's very obvious you were trying to insinuate like Microsoft now is the same one that "ruined" Rare, especially considering that's the only acquisition people ever bring up to support their "Xbox can't manage studios well" nonsense point. Also I didn't see any shilling for Xbox in this thread so it was clear what your bias is and what you were trying to say with that comment

alot of shilling for a company with no track record of managing studios well... and yet you gys want the to acquire all these studios and IPs... how did that work for banjo??? or KI??? and comparing Bethesda with insomniac is stupid but yea whatever

Spidey Fan

Banned
You literally were saying they don't manage studios well and your only examples were Rare games, it's very obvious you were trying to insinuate like Microsoft now is the same one that "ruined" Rare, especially considering that's the only acquisition people ever bring up to support their "Xbox can't manage studios well" nonsense point. Also I didn't see any shilling for Xbox in this thread so it was clear what your bias is and what you were trying to say with that comment
any talk about xbox is shilling to these guys. they dont understand that pc player is looking at xbox, since their games is going to be day 1 on steam, unlike the other side (there will be uproar if that happens).

Banned

also when it comes to Rare

*cough* *cough*

Rdeb4208ced1ae94bf1e0103edd946917

one of their most successful games ever...

edit: it's actually their most successful game ever in terms of sales (both fastest selling and best selling game they ever had), and that even tho it was day 1 in gamepass...

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
That's typically how you solve lack of first party studios and output. How would you recommend they fix the problem without spending lots of money?
didnt you heard, studios are magically made. They grow at the magical studio land, and drop first party games, like a party girl in a club. If you spend money to do that, you are a sore loser. tales of out of touch people my friend.
200.gif

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
also when it comes to Rare

*cough* *cough*

Rdeb4208ced1ae94bf1e0103edd946917

one of their most successful games ever...

edit: it's actually their most successful game ever in terms of sales (both fastest selling and best selling game they ever had), and that even tho it was day 1 in gamepass...
that game doesnt exist. Rare still dont know how to make games like old time. and many more things that i cant count it. people weird man, people weird.

Banned
that game doesnt exist. Rare still dont know how to make games like old time. and many more things that i cant count it. people weird man, people weird.

Rare in the olden times made games ranging from absolutely terrible to really good... Rare after being at Microsoft then continued to make games ranging from absolutely terrible to really good
nothing has changed... in fact they made one of their terrible games into a decent one when they remade Conker... the og N64 version had atrocious controls and ran like shit.

also under Microsoft ownership they made 3 complete remakes of DKC for the GBA with a 4th one, a direct sequel, planned... but you can thank Nintendo for the fact that it never came to be, because they said no.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
Rare in the olden times made games ranging from absolutely terrible to really good... Rare after being at Microsoft then continued to make games ranging from absolutely terrible to really good
nothing has changed... in fact they made one of their terrible games into a decent one when they remade Conker... the og N64 version had atrocious controls and ran like shit.

also under Microsoft ownership they made 3 complete remakes of DKC for the GBA with a 4th one, a direct sequel, planned... but you can thank Nintendo for the fact that it never came to be, because they said no.
we might see new ones like that now. both of them are cozy now.

Banned
we might see new ones like that now. both of them are cozy now.

I wouldn't bet on it. I bet Microsoft nowadays would want these games on their system as well, and nintendo would never say yes to that.

back in the day Microsoft was way more ok with Rare just making GBA and DS games because they were distinctly handheld systems and not a direct Xbox competitor... with the Switch being a hybrid I bet this has changed

I’m reading rumors it might be Crytek. That’s an amazing get if true.

If true that would mean Xbox would now own both idTech and Cryengine, would be interesting if any other 1st party studios would start using them, and even if not it would be interesting just to buy another studio with their own engine.

As for the studio themselves it would open up the potential for a Ryse sequel, or a Crysis reboot, which either I'd enjoy very much

Top Bottom