• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal confirmed for gamepass (1st October)

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
AdolescentGlossyAdouri-size_restricted.gif

Arkam

I never played Doom or Doom Eternal so I'm looking forward to this.
Doom 2016 was a so refreshing. You will probably enjoy it. And if you like the core loop you will enjoy Eternal. Will be curious how someone playing them back/back will feel. With the multi year gap it made Eternal (for me) a big let down. But some people really liked it, so good luck!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
We should see all of the Bethesda titles soon-Fallout, The Elder Scrolls etc. It looks like they are going to drip feed them though which is disappointing. Would be big to drop them all at once. Going to be kind of funny if Fallout 4 is a part of the PS+ collection but not available on Game Pass.

Then again there are still titles from MSFT's own first party that released before Game Pass existed that are still not on the service which I find to be absolutely bizarre.

MiguelItUp

DOOM 2016 was absolutely incredible IMO, it nailed a lot of things right in terms of a classic FPS being brought to a modern setting. Eternal was a lot a lot of fun, some folks didn't like some of the changes it brought, but IMO it's still a great deal of fun. Both games are absolutely solid. But yeah, if you haven't checked them out, do yourself a favor and please do so.

They need to bring Doom 2016 to Gamepass PC.
Up until Eternal came out. Doom '16 hadn't left my SSD since it's launch. It's always been a game I could come home from work and just relax and play. Something oddly mesmerizing playing that game at 144hz and look so stunning and be so relaxing and get some aggression out. Glad that Eternal is such a smaller download because the size of 16' hurt my SSD's feelings.

I assume games come on and off of Game Pass, like any other kind of subscription service. Do 1st party games stay “permanently?”

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Hell yes. Do yourself a favor and play this guys, it's one of the best FPS out there.

And if you can, do it with headphones. The OST is incredible. :messenger_horns:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Up until Eternal came out. Doom '16 hadn't left my SSD since it's launch. It's always been a game I could come home from work and just relax and play. Something oddly mesmerizing playing that game at 144hz and look so stunning and be so relaxing and get some aggression out. Glad that Eternal is such a smaller download because the size of 16' hurt my SSD's feelings.

Y'all got me hyped. Playing Halo ODST for the first time right now and its amazing. I want to jump straight into Doom. Microsoft better get their shit together especially since I'm now paying $10 a month for Gamepass on PC.

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Arkham Studios is currently hiring for a brand new AAA exclusive for Xbox too. And Tod and Phil confirmed all Bethesda games are coming over to GP. Many with enhancements for next gen consoles. Its going down!

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I hate this shit. I actually bought a lot of games this year. I want to play them, but every time I finish something on Gamepass there are another dozen or more new games I want to play.

How the fuck am I supposed to get to my backlog Microsoft?

I know, right. I never had a backlog before Game Pass/ On the positive side I never got around to buying Eternal because of my backlog, now it gets added to that backlog for free. Doom 2016 was awesome.

Arkham Studios is currently hiring for a brand new AAA exclusive for Xbox too. And Tod and Phil confirmed all Bethesda games are coming over to GP. Many with enhancements for next gen consoles. Its going down!
Arkham or Arkane? Not sure I've heard of Arkham studios.

Typo. Arkane.

Fuck this phone
All good, I was just trying to figure out if it was something I've missed as I'm such a huge Arkane fan. Arkane is pretty much the only studio that puts out Immersive Sim games and i've yet to play a game from Arkane in the last 8 years that I've not liked.

Dolomite

I think I still prefer to wait 6 months, get it for £16 and keep it forever instead of paying £22 to play it, then lose it a few months later. I don't consider the extra £6 for getting access to a bunch of games I completed 2-3 years ago + many I never want to play an "added benefit":

www. cdkeys.com/doom-eternal-bethesda-pc

I'd also have to play those other games within the 2 months or another £11 is added every month. The money I spend on games in a year is probably the exact same as what I'd spend on Game Pass. Except most of those games I'd buy won't be on Game Pass so it'd be more for Game Pass overall if I wanted to play everything. It just makes NO sense for me but I know I'm in a slightly more unique position with PC + console.

edit - I corrupted the link because I'm not trying to advertise cdkeys, just want to show where the price comes from.

I think I still prefer to wait 6 months, get it for £16 and keep it forever instead of paying £22 to play it, then lose it a few months later. I don't consider the extra £6 for getting access to a bunch of games I completed 2-3 years ago + many I never want to play an "added benefit":

www. cdkeys.com/doom-eternal-bethesda-pc

I'd also have to play those other games within the 2 months or another £11 is added every month. The money I spend on games in a year is probably the exact same as what I'd spend on Game Pass. Except most of those games I'd buy won't be on Game Pass so it'd be more for Game Pass overall if I wanted to play everything. It just makes NO sense for me but I know I'm in a slightly more unique position with PC + console.

edit - I corrupted the link because I'm not trying to advertise cdkeys, just want to show where the price comes from.
Xbox exclusives stay on Gamepass forever so that's good news.

A qucik search on google suggest Non 1st parties usually stay a year but can vary depending on what the publisher wants and even then GP gives noticed to when they are leaving.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Xbox exclusives stay on Gamepass forever so that's good news.

Not sure about 3rd partied but.
A qucik search on google suggest Non 1st parties usually stay a year but can vary depending on what the publisher wants and even then GP gives noticed to when they are leaving.

So good I said it twice!

Jokes aside I just don't like not owning games forever, I like to go back to my favourites every few years. Although I do admit that there are some I would just wait on a rerelease/remaster anyway.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I haven't had a chance to play this, and I know it's great (tried it breifly). I'm surprised the release didn't mention the free upgrade for Series X, this will be a fun first game to play on the new machine.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

j0hnnix

Doom Eternal is up, change the xbox time zone to +6 hours(at least that's what I did) and was able to begin downloading it. I have not tested playing it yet.

Top Bottom