• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doom Eternal and Prey next gen updates?

RPS37

Anyone else impatiently waiting for Doom: Eternal and Prey next gen updates?
I started Prey on One X and it had terrible performance, but I imagine they could get it running really nice on SX. Haven’t even started Eternal, but picked it up on sale a couple months back or so.

I fucking love Prey.
Game of the generation for me.

I doubt Prey will get any kind of patch. It's using Cry Engine while Deathloop uses an improved version of their own Void engine (based on id Tech), no patches to be seen past 2018.

Doom Eternal is another beast altogether, I'm sure it's a matter of time, for Xbox Series S|X at least.
(...) started Prey on One X and it had terrible performance, but I imagine they could get it running really nice on SX.
BC on series x probably makes it run pristine at 1440p30.

Last edited:

Piggoro

Yeah, Prey is very unlikely, 99.9999% unlikely. But Doom, for Doom ID said there's gonna be an update, with raytracing, etc... but no details about release, progress or anything.

Rikkori

They promised a raytracing update at some point but didn't say shit and have accomplished shit in the meantime. Just another way in which DE disappoints. :messenger_pensive:

Top Bottom