• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you store fruit in the fridge?

Do you store fruit in the fridge?

• Yes

Votes: 72 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • I don't eat fruit

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one likes a soft banana. Nice and firm. Something to peel back and chew on. That's the way.
vwqHiED.gif

I'm not in charge of the fruit, so only watermelon, melon, mango, cherrys and strawberries and ripe avocados are stored inside the fridge.

If I was in charge everything would be inside the fridge unless it was green/needed to mature, because I hate fruit flies.

Zeroing

Banned
Mostly yes. I don't like when they mature too much, I prefer them less sugary and firmer.
Avocados depends on how ripe they are. Too hard are left out of the fridge, obviously.

I actually like the no-flavour ones. At least more that the very ripe.
people are missing so much, in Portugal we even have a banana that taste like an apple!

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Don't most fruits give off a gas that causes them to ripped quicker when in enclosed spaces? Thus causing them to spoil faster?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Don't most fruits give off a gas that causes them to ripped quicker when in enclosed spaces? Thus causing them to spoil faster?
Bananas for sure get brown and saggy in the fridge.

But I'm pretty sure most fruit lasts longer in the fridge. Especially berries. Berries go moldy fast at room temperature. Problem with using the fridge is if your fridge is too cold the fruit can turn shitty in taste (like the sugary taste disappears as the cold killed it).

G-Bus

Banned
Yes, except bananas. I don't know why.

You know what a real fucking tragedy is? My wife puts syrup in the fridge. COLD syrup on HOT pancakes/waffles. Its madness. Was ready to walk out on her. Bullshit.

dr_octagon

Banned
Yes, except bananas. I don't know why.

You know what a real fucking tragedy is? My wife puts syrup in the fridge. COLD syrup on HOT pancakes/waffles. Its madness. Was ready to walk out on her. Bullshit.
I've never heard of cold syrup being used, would take longer to pour also.

Hungry Season 3 GIF by The Office

Paltheos

Yes and no. Depends on the fruit. Those red, delicious apples are going right in the storage bin in the fridge. Pears and bananas though have to sit out to ripen.

Top Bottom