• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

Vlaphor

I generally clean my pipe out after 3 or 4 uses, though I do change out the water each time. The biggest issue here is that rubbing alcohol is getting harder and harder to find, every store is sold out and when they do have it, it's one per person.

I also got a dry vape pen that I like for when I want to be a little high, but still functional as a member of society. I put a tiny bit of weed in there, hit it till it's all nice and brown, save the vaped weed herb in a separate container for some purpose later, and enjoy a simple high. I've also got some edible gummies at 10mg that give a decent little hit, though smoking it still hits the hardest.

Kev Kev

I generally clean my pipe out after 3 or 4 uses, though I do change out the water each time. The biggest issue here is that rubbing alcohol is getting harder and harder to find, every store is sold out and when they do have it, it's one per person.

I also got a dry vape pen that I like for when I want to be a little high, but still functional as a member of society. I put a tiny bit of weed in there, hit it till it's all nice and brown, save the vaped weed herb in a separate container for some purpose later, and enjoy a simple high. I've also got some edible gummies at 10mg that give a decent little hit, though smoking it still hits the hardest.

i recently got 4 liters of rubbing alcohol on amazon. took two weeks to deliver.

there's other options on there too... you can dilute it down to make 6 liters or so, plus use it for other cleaning in home. hopefully it's still in stock!

here

Last edited:

CouzinD

No way. The smell of it gives me a bloody headache, let alone consuming it.

Having said that, my boys in the squad growing up were always smoking, made for some great jam sessions.

cryptoadam

Banned
WeedGAF need some help here.

Bought some oil and concentrates but never tried them before.

Whats the best way to take em. Oil says to just put a drop under your tongue, while concentrate says I can put it in a drink?

Anyone with experience with them what should I expect? I usually smoke so I am not a beginner with weed but never tried it this way.

karasu

I have one of those Glo cartridges filled with the Black mamba strain. Then I read some strange shit about a synthetic called Black mamba that was zombifying people. Please tell me that this is different and is a legit strain of weed.

I have one of those Glo cartridges filled with the Black mamba strain. Then I read some strange shit about a synthetic called Black mamba that was zombifying people. Please tell me that this is different and is a legit strain of weed.
It is a legit strain, indicia dominant hybrid. Black Mamba 24 is listed as one of their available varieties on their site. You should be good, providing it isn't a knock off cart.

TrainedRage

Banned
WeedGAF need some help here.

Bought some oil and concentrates but never tried them before.

Whats the best way to take em. Oil says to just put a drop under your tongue, while concentrate says I can put it in a drink?

Anyone with experience with them what should I expect? I usually smoke so I am not a beginner with weed but never tried it this way.
I only use oil in vape form. But I would imagine it’s like doing edibles. I assume it will take longer to feel the effect, and that it may be a bit different high vs smoking it.

Let me know how it goes. I’m interested to see if it’s similar to inhaling a high % thc vape.

cryptoadam

Banned
I only use oil in vape form. But I would imagine it’s like doing edibles. I assume it will take longer to feel the effect, and that it may be a bit different high vs smoking it.

Let me know how it goes. I’m interested to see if it’s similar to inhaling a high % thc vape.

For the oil I just put it under my tongue, thats what the website said to do. Wasn't bad its different then smoking. Its hard to judge whats the right amount to take so I guess you kinda have to play around to find the right amount to take.

The concentrates I put it in some water but again its tough to know whats the right amount.

Its different from smoking for sure but I am trying to cut back especially with winter coming.

It says it takes a while to kick in but I find I feel it pretty quickly actually. Much more a body buzz then a head buzz.

deafmedal

It says it takes a while to kick in but I find I feel it pretty quickly actually. Much more a body buzz then a head buzz.
Out of the recent edibles I’ve enjoyed the candy type from a dispo take a while to kick in, 1.5 or so hours and some “small business” jams that seemed to kick in 15-30 mins.
A 30ish mg dose before flying is perfect for me as I always sleep on planes. I end up feeling not too groggy during a layover but am much more relaxed for the rest of the experience which I generally despise.

The buzz is usually always heavy on the body. A nice cup of coffee and some dabs can help fill in the head buzz, a couple/few shots in place of coffee works great too. Or knocks your ass down heh.

Nope, had a bad trip on it 20 years ago which gave me depersonalization/derealization which lasted for a long time and still pops up time to time. Very common reaction reading online about it, 20 years ago I thought I was losing my mind.

Wish I could though lots of friends use it daily to relax.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't really had any weed since last december, but with that PS5 launch coming up, it sure is calling my name. I wish it wasn't so hard to get these days (without the Ohio medical ripoff process).

deafmedal

Man. I picked up some top shelf rosin and it works a treat. Problem is I have been balls deep in work and I hardly have had time to enjoy it, don’t think I got high at all last week until Sunday night (clocked 94 hours heh) when I had about a 22 hour off period (shift from days to nights). Granted, I spent a good bit of that time sleeping, did a few hours of paperwork and shopping but moving back to nights is nice, I enjoy sleeping for a few hours, getting up and doing some work stuffs then relaxing until my nap before my shift.

Night shift on the road works really well for me, day shift earns big bucks as deadlines approach but when the project is in that period I’m too fucking tired to get (and enjoy getting) high. Either way, much better working in a green state. I don’t fuck around in yellow or red states. Not even home (unless at home obv).

Living in an illegal country, I'm in a good place at the minute. Canadian vapes: Grandaddy Purple, Romulan Grapefruit, Super Lemon Haze and Banana Kush. Flower: Miracle Alien Cookies, Lemon Cello, Chemfire, Liberty Haze and Alien Dawg. I don't need to pick up for the rest of the year.

Amory

I finally visited a weed shop in MA. Shits been legal here forever but the shops are so spread out in weird places that it's a pain in the ass to get to them

Edibles are pretty awesome. The only edibles I've taken in the past were homemade and way too strong. Being able to pop a gummy or a piece of chocolate and relax for the night (with the added benefit of sleeping like a rock) has been a revelation. I can't do 'head' highs. Smoking weed gets me way too into my head and I can't enjoy it. But body highs are great.

Cycom

Banned
Everyday.

I generally use between 10-30mg /day of edible plus I vape the flower. I use it primarily to treat daily headaches/migraines and chronic fatigue caused by a brain injury. Cannabis has helped me tremendously, at the cost of reduced motivation and poor eating habits.

Kev Kev

I guess I would like to try some before I die. Here is Ilegal tough.
FluffyEmotionalIbizanhound-small.gif

Meesh

K, you guys know that thing where you "accidentally" *huge air quotes* get more stoned than you meant to, and then you post in GAF?
Stoned postings if you will? Anyone go on a mad tangent about stuff? Lol

Grinchy

Banned
K, you guys know that thing where you "accidentally" *huge air quotes* get more stoned than you meant to, and then you post in GAF?
Stoned postings if you will? Anyone go on a mad tangent about stuff? Lol
It's been a while for me, but I feel like it takes me 10 minutes to write a single post when I'm stoned.

DISABO

Neo Member
Dynavapper checking in.

Was combusting for 10 years prior to switching over to vaping this year. Absolutely love the transition. Going to get a Volcano for Xmas for sure.

I'm quite passionate about Cannabis, but I don't buy into stoner culture. I love the plant, the look, the smell, the flavours and getting high. You won't find me watching Cheech & Chong or own anything that outspokenly says I'm a "stoner".

I've run into some great bud recently. Check this Purple Moby Dick out:

x61pjno8s4x51.jpg

Left nug weighs in at 7g. Right nug is a bit fluffier and comes in at 4.9g.

I've never smoked a thing in my life, I just don't see the appeal, and also, it fucking stinks.

You don't need to smoke it, and smoking it is actually one of the poorer ways to enjoy it! When you combust the material, it loses a lot of the THC, CBD & CBN. Vaping and eating weed are more efficient than Smoking weed.

DeaconOfTheDank

Gold Member
I guess I'm more of a seasonal toker. I tend to take a couple of months off in the winter and spring or when a big project comes up in work. It mainly comes down to trying to not be a lazy piece of shit all year long and worrying about my lungs.

Been smoking from a pipe almost everyday for the past 2 months. I use it mainly as a videogame enhancer and for food. I will say, Ghost of Tsushima while baked is an incredible experience. I've been trying to cut back on the food though to try to manage my health and weight a little better. Personally, smoking a bowl at night is more like the ritual of drinking coffee in the morning -- it just sets me up to relax and enjoy the night.

Most of my friends are straight-edge as fuck and barely drink much less smoke. The only one who enjoys weed exclusively eats edibles and can be obnoxious to be around for long periods.

dorkimoe

For those with it legal in your state. How long did it take before prices fell. What costs $25 in Colorado costs $75 here. Because we only have one company selling it so there’s no competition

DESTROYA

For those with it legal in your state. How long did it take before prices fell. What costs $25 in Colorado costs $75 here. Because we only have one company selling it so there’s no competition
Its still cheaper to get it from my guy than the dispensaries . One thing is there are popping up everywhere where I live and know at least 3 less than 10 miles from my house.

FlyLo

I stopped smoking weed when i graduated from college. I was very much a social smoker.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Tried some edibles a little while ago; tasted/smelled like shite and basically felt like drunkeness except with more emotion. I'll stick to the liquor

That’s actually pretty accurate for edibles lol. Smoking or vaporizer goes straight to the dome more, less of a physical/body high.

highrider

Banned
Hmm it’s crazy how expensive it is. I’m hoping it gets cheaper soon. Cant afford this habit lol

I spend 200 a month or so, that’s more than I’d like to spend, yet it’s the bill I most happily pay. My rationale is that I really don’t spend much on entertaining myself beyond that and the occasional sub 20 dollar sale game on Xbox, I cook at home almost exclusively and I rarely drink alcohol.

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

I do occasionally but COVID means I don’t do it all that often. I generally do CBD gummies daily though and I have a dry herb vaporizer because I can’t stain oils and flat out burning flower.

Grinchy

Banned
I'd like for it to become legal to grow my own here. The convenience of going to a dispensary sounds great, but the ones around here are supposedly really expensive.

Getting a medical card here is also still supposedly expensive and a big hassle. And if it ever just gets legalized for recreational, then it's years of overcharging before competition lowers prices anyway. It's still easier and cheaper to just buy it illegally (which I'd do if my one remaining guy didn't stop selling).

deafmedal

I do occasionally but COVID means I don’t do it all that often. I generally do CBD gummies daily though and I have a dry herb vaporizer because I can’t stain oils and flat out burning flower.
I'd love to grab a beer or coffee with you while I'm in the Bay Area but I never bothered to reach out because of stupid c19. Too bad you don't dab/blaze, getting high by myself sometimes sucks lol. Plus I've been working crazy fucking hours, I managed to get a week at home for voting and dentist but I'll be heading back Sun and working through until Thanksgiving. Really hoping I won't need to pull 12+ 7s after this trip...
I'd like for it to become legal to grow my own here. The convenience of going to a dispensary sounds great, but the ones around here are supposedly really expensive.

Getting a medical card here is also still supposedly expensive and a big hassle. And if it ever just gets legalized for recreational, then it's years of overcharging before competition lowers prices anyway. It's still easier and cheaper to just buy it illegally (which I'd do if my one remaining guy didn't stop selling).
When in a green state I don't mind the slight uptick (and variety :messenger_smiling_hearts:) at a dispensary as it lessens the paranoia compared to picking up a couple of oz's and driving home but damn if our connect here doesn't have a good selection and decent prices. I just don't like getting concentrates/carts unless at a dispo. Luckily I work in green states often ;)

Top Bottom