• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you smoke weed?

highrider

Banned
This buddy of mine is kind of paying me for a paint job with weed. I gotta say I’m a seasoned veteran but even I can still be impressed lol.

ZfvFduJ.jpg

Meowzers

I last smoked weed when I was 12 or something. Was fun, but drinking leftover alcohol after my sister had her bf around, really pissed my mum off. Seeing as she bought me a 13th birthday cake I had to have the day after as I had a hangover. We laugh about it now lol.

Neil Young

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but...I've been going through some serious stress lately (two of my dogs have died in the last month three weeks apart, work has been brutal, general pandemic nonsense) that I've thought about buying some edibles from my local dispensary. I haven't smoked weed in over 10 years.

I know nothing about anything. Would anyone have a suggestion about what to look for in an edible that would chill my ass out a bit? Just a mellow, take the edge off, kinda thing? I don't want to smoke or vape. Thanks for any info you can share.

deafmedal

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but...I've been going through some serious stress lately (two of my dogs have died in the last month three weeks apart, work has been brutal, general pandemic nonsense) that I've thought about buying some edibles from my local dispensary. I haven't smoked weed in over 10 years.

I know nothing about anything. Would anyone have a suggestion about what to look for in an edible that would chill my ass out a bit? Just a mellow, take the edge off, kinda thing? I don't want to smoke or vape. Thanks for any info you can share.
You want to start with a low dose, a 5mg gummy in a flavor you like or cookies, chocolate etc. Any product sold in a dispo will say what a serving is and it’s strength. Wait up to an hour and a half or so before consuming more. Edibles can be very deceiving, too much can lead toward unwanted effects. If you don’t feel much on 5, double the dose. You’ll have to find what works for you but it’s worth it, at the very least you’ll know if edibles are for you or not.

Cannabis products generally come in three varieties: sativa, indica and hybrid. General rule is indica tends toward sedative like qualities, sativa toward more up lifting qualities and hybrids are somewhere in between.

These are not rules, merely guidelines but generally true. If you have the scratch try ‘em all as any given product may affect you differently. Just ease your way into it.

Or jump right in and eat 50mg at first then 30 mins later eat 50mg more. 2 hours later you might call 911 and tell them you think you are dead...
If you do take too much eat some food, try to chill and know it’ll pass 😉

Have fun!

Last edited:

Neil Young

You want to start with a low dose, a 5mg gummy in a flavor you like or cookies, chocolate etc. Any product sold in a dispo will say what a serving is and it’s strength. Wait up to an hour and a half or so before consuming more. Edibles can be very deceiving, too much can lead toward unwanted effects. If you don’t feel much on 5, double the dose. You’ll have to find what works for you but it’s worth it, at the very least you’ll know if edibles are for you or not.

Cannabis products generally come in three varieties: sativa, indica and hybrid. General rule is indica tends toward sedative like qualities, sativa toward more up lifting qualities and hybrids are somewhere in between.

These are not rules, merely guidelines but generally true. If you have the scratch try ‘em all as any given product may affect you differently. Just ease your way into it.

Or jump right in and eat 50mg at first then 30 mins later eat 50mg more. 2 hours later you might call 911 and tell them you think you are dead...
If you do take too much eat some food, try to chill and know it’ll pass 😉

Have fun!
Thanks a ton man, I appreciate the info!!

I smoked for a long time. 10 or so years ago (this number might not be accurate. Memory.) I developed a an allergy to THC that was severe to the point that I had to stop smoking and have an Epipen or two on me at all times. Shit nearly killed me after getting drunk and taking a few fat rips off a bong. Epipen go!

Now, I don't know what happened, but the allergic reaction is far less greater than it once was. I can now smoke modestly, and have a vape pen to boot.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Hey y'all, I've been smoking flower for around 15 years but am finally converting to a quality vape after a few cheap trial runs throughout the years.
I have my "PAX 2" coming in the mail today and would love to hear your opinions on it. I'm mainly interested in the comparison between smoking/combusting flower vs vaping the flower (not using cartridges yet). I'm curious about the differences in:

- effect of high
- lung health
- weed conservation
And anything else you may find interesting.

Thanks

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Yeah, it's a relatively new condition that's becoming more common by the day. We still don't understand how it works, but it definitely changed my life for the better. Taught me how to just enjoy being sober. I've used CBD, but it doesn't do anything for me. I haven't done mushrooms because of a bad trip where I went to hell on salvia. I try to stay away from hallucinogenic drugs, but I know mushrooms are mild so I'm sure I will eventually try them.

Salvia is some evil shit, my friend.

Codswallop_

Neophyte
Hey y'all, I've been smoking flower for around 15 years but am finally converting to a quality vape after a few cheap trial runs throughout the years.
I have my "PAX 2" coming in the mail today and would love to hear your opinions on it. I'm mainly interested in the comparison between smoking/combusting flower vs vaping the flower (not using cartridges yet). I'm curious about the differences in:

- effect of high
- lung health
- weed conservation

Thanks

- I would say it feels like more of a subdued buzz vs smoking a joint/bowl. But if you do a couple sessions it'll still wreck you.
- Not a doctor, but it feels much less harsh than smoking. Can't imagine it being worse, but technically it's probably not great to be inhaling anything into your lungs.
- Weed goes much further. It has kind of made me cheap, I rarely roll a joint anymore because of how much more weed it uses.

Overall dry herb vaping is my preferred method of consumption. Second would be infusing coconut oil.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I developed a an allergy to THC
hol up

fucking WHAT!? thats a thing?

please jesus never let that happen to me. glad to hear you can smoke again. did you ever go to a doctor? could they help you at all?

also, just wanted to post that i tried that truclear concentrate syringe. ate about a pea sized blob, which was probably twice the size of what i took the night before, and holy shit it put m on my ass. i got to the point where i just had to lay in bed and take deep breaths lmao.

it was a little too much. woke up the morning and tried another dose (a little bigger than my first, but a little smaller than last nights) and im straight chillin now. im almost 2 horus in and i keep getting a little higher every 20 - 30 minutes. its awesome! knowing what a good dose is for me now, id say its fun if you have the day off and dont have much to do (so maybe once a week for most people), but if you want to use it everyday, it's going to be an expensive habit. at least for me it would be. if you had a lower tolerance maybe you could use it everyday for a month or so.

anyways, over all i liked it. the trupowder i was talking about earlier in the thread is a little weak for me though. i think im pretty decided on not getting that gain. i dunno. im gonna try like 6 scoops tomorrow after work to see what that does. but so far, even 4 scoops hasnt done a whole lot for me. it was nice that first day, and i still recommend it for anyone with low tolerance, but i think im good on it.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I started smoking several years ago to help me quit cigs + energy drinks + alcohol + lose weight. It worked quite well on all fronts. I highly recommend it for anyone who isn't bothered by / affected by thc. Since then I've been adjusting so that I "smoke" less and less. Currently using juice carts. Used to use dry herb vape (Firefly) which was an improvement from smoking from a bowl.

I'm looking into a small dab setup and going concentrate. Something with a long narrow chillum and a torch, very simple. Vape carts are okay but I can see that my money is going into the convenience, not the quality. Might as well go concentrate which ends up being much cheaper.

Also helps with fasting. Might sound goofy with the rep of munchies and hunger pangs, but if you can fast a day or two on weed, then you can take a break and fast for 3+ more days like it's nothing. Your hunger is gone and the state of mind that fasting puts you into is a cozy way to detox from thc. Add in some cold training and you start to grasp what those mushroom-munching norse berserkers must've thought like. Tessie prolly knows :messenger_fearful:

Meesh

Mushroom Munching Norse Berzerker would be a great name for a band.
Lol I like it, death metal or something?

I was thinking of an 80s rennaisance of sorts spear headed by the completely made up band, "Full Metal Pegasus".
The name coming from one of my favorite movies and pure unadulterated love of magical ponies.

Please don't judge me, im not high yet.

But... i mean Full Metal Pegasus could easily open for MMNB. Lol

Lol I like it, death metal or something?

I was thinking of an 80s rennaisance of sorts spear headed by the completely made up band, "Full Metal Pegasus".
The name coming from one of my favorite movies and pure unadulterated love of magical ponies.

Please don't judge me, im not high yet.

But... i mean Full Metal Pegasus could easily open for MMNB. Lol
I envisage a Psych Doom, power house, head destroyer of a band. It'd have to be with a name like that :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TalentedMrJ

- effect of high
- lung health
- weed conservation

Thanks

I've been using mine 3 years now coming from pipes, bongs, and joints

My lungs felt like shit. Switching to Pax2 feels healthier. I use the lowest heat setting. Any higher and my throat is sore

High is different, hate to explain. Not as heavy or hard hitting as bongs, joints, and pipes

I fill the bowl halfway so it saves a ton of weed

Best part is enjoying the flavors

Grinchy

Banned
i'm basically immune to this stuff now

not even a tolerance break helped

nY1SVr7.gif
This is why in the rare windows where I am smoking weed, I basically just shave off a single hit at a time. After a few weeks, I get to that tolerance point where I don't feel it as much anymore, start questioning the quality of the weed, start getting mad at the dealer, ect, but at least it's not costing me much lol

But it's just that I've hit the wall at the level I'm smoking at. And then I realize if I just start smoking more, it might work for a while but then I'll just be smoking way more to reach a new and expensive level of tolerance. It kept me away from dabs and making rosin and shit.

Nop, never tried any type of drugs, I don’t have any curiosity either.

when I was at the college many of my classmate smoke weed, they said it help for the projects or before tests.

Kev Kev

just picked up some regs. pretty decent, id call them mids tbh, and they came preground, $23 for 7G. got two of them and its gettin the job done. im trying to bring my tolerance back down, hopefully gettin off the high grade stuff brings me back down to a reasonable level.

i think those vape pens are really to blame for my tolerance. well, that and my lack of discipline lol. but the pens are strong as hell, and they are so easy hit anywhere, anytime. i was stony bologne 24/7 when i started again abck in february. so thats i i decided to get back into glass. got a really simple Amsterdam piece. its a nice single pipe, old school i guess, thats how i like em. easy to clean too. and the bowl ill bring to bed with me sometimes. pack a big fat ine and chief on it until i pass out.

bong is probably a foot and a half in height. the picture doesnt do it justice.

also, the pills were pretty wek for me. took two at a time, nothing, took 4, almost nothing. gonna try 6 later today but i dont have hope for it hittin me hard. they are only 10mg so i expected them to be weak, but i wanted to try these before upgrading to the 50mg capsules
u3IwQ5J.jpg

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Ran out a few days ago. Taking a much needed break for a bit.

But I’ll be back! Tony Hawk 1+2 Remaster is coming out soon :)

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
just picked up some regs. pretty decent, id call them mids tbh, and they came preground, $23 for 7G. got two of them and its gettin the job done. im trying to bring my tolerance back down, hopefully gettin off the high grade stuff brings me back down to a reasonable level.

i think those vape pens are really to blame for my tolerance. well, that and my lack of discipline lol. but the pens are strong as hell, and they are so easy hit anywhere, anytime. i was stony bologne 24/7 when i started again abck in february. so thats i i decided to get back into glass. got a really simple Amsterdam piece. its a nice single pipe, old school i guess, thats how i like em. easy to clean too. and the bowl ill bring to bed with me sometimes. pack a big fat ine and chief on it until i pass out.

bong is probably a foot and a half in height. the picture doesnt do it justice.

also, the pills were pretty wek for me. took two at a time, nothing, took 4, almost nothing. gonna try 6 later today but i dont have hope for it hittin me hard. they are only 10mg so i expected them to be weak, but i wanted to try these before upgrading to the 50mg capsules
u3IwQ5J.jpg

You have very tasteful weed gear 👍

Kev Kev

update on the 10mg capsules

took 6, didnt feel much until like hour 3 or 4. i wonder if these are designed to be slow release and last longer? ill have to check out the trulieve website again. even so, it was subtle. definitely wont be getting these 10mg capsules again. perhaps the 50mg capsules are where i need to start. these ground up buds are great though. i hope they keep getting this in. gonna save me a lotta moneys

Kev Kev

welp after 20mg, 40mg and 60 mg of capsules didnt do shit for me, i decided to go nuts and take the rest of the bottle, about 130mg. i got the whole day off, so im just gonna kick it and wait for this stuff to hit me. fingers crossed that it actually does something for me 🖕 lol oops picked the wrong emoji oh well too lazy to change it haha. definitely not getting capsules again after this unless they are 50mg. these shits are too weak

Not regularly but tried it handful of times, it’s pretty alright especially if you get the ‘bong’ or such from someone who can make a nice dose for you. But I don’t get the big deal since it’s so mild. The only bad side effect I’ve gotten was getting dizzy so I had to lie down for a while, but it was after a really big hit.

Kev Kev

Not regularly but tried it handful of times, it’s pretty alright especially if you get the ‘bong’ or such from someone who can make a nice dose for you. But I don’t get the big deal since it’s so mild. The only bad side effect I’ve gotten was getting dizzy so I had to lie down for a while, but it was after a really big hit.

i got you fam

exhibit a:
ER4MWFQWoAAMSBd.jpg

exhibit b:
GzISGLr.png

exhibit c:

smoke 2 joints in the morning, and smoke 2 joints at night, smoke 2 joints in the afternoon, itll make you feel alright... and then eat some hot pockets. thank me letter youre wlecome

Last edited:
i got you fam

exhibit a:
ER4MWFQWoAAMSBd.jpg

exhibit b:
GzISGLr.png

exhibit c:

smoke 2 joints in the morning, and smoke 2 joints at night, smoke 2 joints in the afternoon, itll make you feel alright... and then eat some hot pockets. thank me letter youre wlecome
I love all that till I saw hot pockets. Those things make me run to the shitter!

Shubh_C63

People that have been smoking for more than an year. How much tolerance have you built compared to your first smoke ?

I only get like shit tier weed in my area. First 10 times (separated by each week) was mindblowing and now...nothing. Before I used to feel like I was the one taunting Cell in DBZA.

Kev Kev

People that have been smoking for more than an year. How much tolerance have you built compared to your first smoke ?

I only get like shit tier weed in my area. First 10 times (separated by each week) was mindblowing and now...nothing. Before I used to feel like I was the one taunting Cell in DBZA.
well, it should never be "nothing". if your getting nothing from the weed you smoke then stop smoking it and find some other dealer cause that dude is selling you fake weed lol

but yeah for me, i took a 2 year break, started smoking again and tolerance was right back where it used to be after about a month. i started buying the lower grade "regs" from the dispensary to hopefully start bringing tolerance back down.

DeVeAn

Didn’t really start until 33 now I’m 36. I have taken 1 T-break and boy I had wild withdrawals.

Just started a T-break now on Day 5 trying to go a month.

Mood swings and VERY irritable it sucks. But I was hitting the pen all day long. Not a good mix when stuck inside for long periods of time.

I love being high but, I forget what sober feels like so that’s why I want to go a month. Wish me luck! So tempted to hit a dispensary 😫

Was kinda curious, How often do you guys clean your Bong?

I used to be terrible for it, but have started to do it every sunday lately. Clean bongs hit so much better

Kev Kev

I replace water every time, But i mean a real clean with Isopropyl alcohol+salt or something similar
i love clean glass. but the problem is, after the first, maybe second time you use it, its dirty again. for the most part its no big deal, but i wanetd to ahve clean glass every time, but it had to be easy. so...

i live by myself, so i keep my shit on the kitchen counter so i can dump the water and rinse out the bong, bowl and downstem, after every smoke session. after rinsing, i put the bowl and stem into a bowl of rubbing alcohol (no salt needed). let it sit in there till the next time i want to use it (it only really needs 30 minutes as long as your keeping up with it, but it doesnt hurt anything at all to just leave it in there 🤷‍♂️ ). rinse off the bowl and stem again in the sink, use a cotton swab to get any remaining blackness or residue off. dry, polish and done.

clean glass every time i smoke. i love it.

for the bong itself, just stretch plastic wrap or use a wine cork to cover the hole (i prefer plastic wrap bc the cork blocks some parts from being cleaned when you stuff it down in there). then reuse the rubbing alcohol from the bowl and pour it in the bong and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.

i reuse the rubbing alcohol many many times by filtering it through coffee filters every couple days. after a month or so, i start with fresh new rubbing alcohol. the system is really simple and works great.

but i know most people arent keeping all there shit laying around in the kitchen like me. if you think about it though, it makes the most sense! its glass, has water in, needs to be cleaned. i guess the bathroom would make sense as well, but the kitchen seems more since smokin dope gives you the munchies lmao

oh, and i also do the same with my bowl! much harder to clean if you let it get away from you, but so worth it to keep up with it every time.

My gf would get mad if i tried to keep it in the kitchen.. she doesn't want it around food lol I have a partially hidden location thats right next to my Balcony door as a storage location.

I reuse the same Alcohol for the Bowl and stem, and new stuff for the larger bong itself. Waiting until every sunday leaves a bunch of build up but I Find Not a lot of alcohol is required as that bit of salt goes a long way towards scrubbing the gunk.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I landed on a device that's a glorified straw with heated end, but it works. Much easier to dose by smearing some at the bottom of an empty glass concentrate container and then smoking at the temp you want. Goodbye disposable carts, hopefully forever.

Top Bottom