• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have any unopened Lego sets?

Stouffers

Banned
I’ve liked Lego most of my life. From 5-13, I was really into it. I pursued other things 14-30, but have picked it up again over the last 10 years. Like videogames, I’m unable to get into it as much as I want because of other obligations.. doesn’t stop me from accruing a backlog, though. I’m currently sitting on an unopened Palace Cinema, Ghostbusters HQ, and the just released Ecto 1. I opened my NES set and after a few months, I’m only halfway done with it.

lock2k

Banned
I’ve liked Lego most of my life. From 5-13, I was really into it. I pursued other things 14-30, but have picked it up again over the last 10 years. Like videogames, I’m unable to get into it as much as I want because of other obligations.. doesn’t stop me from accruing a backlog, though. I’m currently sitting on an unopened Palace Cinema, Ghostbusters HQ, and the just released Ecto 1. I opened my NES set and after a few months, I’m only halfway done with it.
No, but we love Lego. My daughter is obsessed and she plays with them all day. We build a lot of cool things together. I want to buy an architecture one for myself sometime

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yup, tons. I stopped building big sets when I knew I was moving and would lose my man cave.

I've also saved some big sets for when my kids are old enough to help.

And I have garbage bags full of half disassembled sets because i was too lazy to completely break them down when I moved. Plus stuff like the Imperial shuttle is a bitch to take apart.

I think the tumbler is the only set that is smaller when assembled than in pieces, damn is that thing dense :p

Garibaldi

Got the new Lego Batwing sitting waiting to be built over Christmas to go with my 89 batmobile. I need to disassemble my UCS Falcon too as I'm moving home and that thing will get destroyed trying to move it

poodaddy

My daughter's obsessed with Lego, and I feel like the worst father in the world for not getting her that NES lego set that she wanted. It was just so fuckin expensive man.....I'd easily buy it in a second for her now but it's sold out everywhere. I'm buying her all the Super Mario Lego sets to make up for it lol. Shit's so expensive!

But no they're all opened. Cool hobby though for sure, and I see how good she is with this stuff now and I think it just has to be good for her mental development.

lock2k

Banned
My daughter's obsessed with Lego, and I feel like the worst father in the world for not getting her that NES lego set that she wanted. It was just so fuckin expensive man.....I'd easily buy it in a second for her now but it's sold out everywhere. I'm buying her all the Super Mario Lego sets to make up for it lol. Shit's so expensive!

But no they're all opened. Cool hobby though for sure, and I see how good she is with this stuff now and I think it just has to be good for her mental development.

How old is she? Mine is 6 and Lego is her life. I swear I step on Lego every single day, but I'm happy because it's such a cool toy/tool.

poodaddy

How old is she? Mine is 6 and Lego is her life. I swear I step on Lego every single day, but I'm happy because it's such a cool toy/tool.
She just turned nine in October, and I designated one of the bedrooms in our home as her "go nuts room" purely because I was so sick of stepping on Lego's constantly lol. She likes it, as it's become something of a project room. She has her bedroom upstairs, with tons of toys and a Switch in it and her Xbox, and downstairs she's got her keyboard set up, an art easel, and all Lego's, robots, and general building stuff. I love how much she loves it, as I just think it's such a wholesome hobby. I plan on supporting it for as long as possible, but I know kids' interests change so rapidly that it's possible I'll have hundreds of Lego sets that noone uses in five years.....which would bum me out but that's parenting :/.

Does your girl like those new Super Mario Legos? They're honestly way cooler than I thought they'd be. They're bluetooth capable and they can build their own level and stuff and customize their Mario character, it's pretty wild lol.

lock2k

Banned
She just turned nine in October, and I designated one of the bedrooms in our home as her "go nuts room" purely because I was so sick of stepping on Lego's constantly lol. She likes it, as it's become something of a project room. She has her bedroom upstairs, with tons of toys and a Switch in it and her Xbox, and downstairs she's got her keyboard set up, an art easel, and all Lego's, robots, and general building stuff. I love how much she loves it, as I just think it's such a wholesome hobby. I plan on supporting it for as long as possible, but I know kids' interests change so rapidly that it's possible I'll have hundreds of Lego sets that noone uses in five years.....which would bum me out but that's parenting :/.

Does your girl like those new Super Mario Legos? They're honestly way cooler than I thought they'd be. They're bluetooth capable and they can build their own level and stuff and customize their Mario character, it's pretty wild lol.

She does. She still doesn't have any, maybe I'll buy one sometime (she is into Mario as well). For Christmas she wants the Lego Mustang Bullitt and the latest set she got was a Minecraft one. She is more into building her own stuff and butchering some sets to do it, but she has made some cool stuff such as a Jurassic Park with lots of dinos, I have a lot of fun with her.

Top Bottom