• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Lost Approximately %50 of Value

ManaByte

Gold Member
get woke... not yet broke.
Disney-500.jpeg

Hari Seldon

I think disney plus was a mistake in the long run, i dont know if they will ever make the box office money they were raking in again if people are content to wait until it hits the service
Nah they surely make waaaaay more money on monthly subs than hit or miss feature film releases. They did severely fuck up their parks and their shift from family friendly to man-children content doesn’t help either.

sol_bad

I think disney plus was a mistake in the long run, i dont know if they will ever make the box office money they were raking in again if people are content to wait until it hits the service

Did you not know Multiverse of Madness made over 940 million at the box office?
The only mistake they made with Disney+ was releasing the last 3 Pixar movies there instead of theatrically.

Amiga

Did you not know Multiverse of Madness made over 940 million at the box office?
The only mistake they made with Disney+ was releasing the last 3 Pixar movies there instead of theatrically.
D+ should just have been for the backlog and TV series.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Who are the people in charge of Disney today? Why do they seem incompetent ?

They don't do Star Wars sequels well, they destroy movies with inclusions.

The series they do are boring with a high budget.

Seriously, if Disney were to come back to life and see everything they're doing and the Lightyear thing, I bet he be beyond furious and fire the people involved.

Last edited:

badblue

Yes, because disney made films and shows about minorities or the lgbtq community,

Bit hypocritical of them to advocate for minorities and the lgbt+ community in the west and then cut said inclusive content from foreign markets. Sends a real message about what they stand for.

The problem is not so much them (disney) making inclusive content, it's how they are doing it. Pandering content is what they have been putting out instead of quality and that is pushing away the average consumer. People watch fictional TV shows and movies for escapism not to be preached at.

sol_bad

Bit hypocritical of them to advocate for minorities and the lgbt+ community in the west and then cut said inclusive content from foreign markets. Sends a real message about what they stand for.

The problem is not so much them (disney) making inclusive content, it's how they are doing it. Pandering content is what they have been putting out instead of quality and that is pushing away the average consumer. People watch fictional TV shows and movies for escapism not to be preached at.

I guess you didn't hear that Lightyear and Multiverse of Madness both refused any edits for international distribution causing those films to be banned in various countries?

Mistake

Given the current economic climate, I don’t think most people are eying a trip to disneyland. Even Bezos spoke up on how bad things are getting

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yes, because disney made films and shows about minorities or the lgbtq community, thats why the world has turned on them…grow up.
No it is 100% because Chapek took a controversial political stand (something Iger NEVER did) in order to curry favor with a workforce that will never love him the way they loved his predecessor. And I mean that, people at Disney loved Iger in an "uncle Walt" way, and he was the first CEO since Walt to be seen that way. No one wanted Iger to leave and most people didn't want Chapek to take over.

Chapek is desperate for the company to look at him the way they did Iger and it'll never happen. So when a very vocal activist minority in the company began to stop their feet and suck their thumbs, Chapek kneeled before them and spread their BS. It damaged the company and it'll take years for them to recover just from the PR stain it caused.

Chapek is done in March, his contract won't be extended all the time like Iger's was.

I think he means people tried downplaying certain trends as not being trends at all. And now they’re grasping at straws but failing miserably at convincing people they have lying eyes.
Yeah and it's funny to see since Disney Core Audience is Conservative Christian families.

The audience they are trying to court is the Feminazi woke Audience that hate their guts and won't spend a dime on them even if they start to aim their stuff at them. It's bad business in general

Yoda

Broader market is down as well, but they are trending below that. Given how hard Netflix was punished for running out of new users to acquire, if Disney don't keep their number up I suspect they'll get punished even further.

nush

I think he means people tried downplaying certain trends as not being trends at all. And now they’re grasping at straws but failing miserably at convincing people they have lying eyes.

Correct. I think it peaked at The Eternals, but it was probably something else.

I am not into most Disney content as I feel they are too produced according to the template. I currently got a free annual Disney plus sub that I barely use. I only use it to stream old Simpsons and Bob’s Burger episodes essentially.

If I had kids I can see the value of it though as I want to indoctrinate them with the right values. Lol

Jinzo Prime

DISNEY SHOULD BUY SQUARE-ENIX!

Ahem. Sorry for yelling but this tread will be locked just like the other one if we keep bitching about gays and woke.

Now, I believe that Disney is has missed out one of the most performant and fastest growing forms of mass media: videogames and interactive experiences which is contributing to its lost market value. Disney should buy an undervalued gaming asset with high potential IPs like Square, EA, Sega, Konami, Ubisoft, ect, and unlock that value with movies, shows, theme parks, and merch, while they unlock value for Disney IPs with games.

TLDR: woke dosn't equal broke, bad business and missed opportunities equals broke.

Last edited:

nush

Top Bottom