• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DIGITAL FOUNDRY] 'Too Big' For Steam Deck? Remnant 2 + Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart Tested

Draugoth

Gold Member

'Too Big' for Steam Deck is back! Remnant 2 pushes PC hardware to brutal limits thanks to Unreal Engine 5, Nanite and virtual shadow maps, while Ratchet and Clank's DirectStorage and heavy graphics requirements can also challenge a range of PC hardware. And yet both games are Steam Deck Verified... so just how well do they run on Valve's handheld? Oliver Mackenzie reports on a game of two halves.

Damigos

Games in general are becoming too big for steamdeck. Both in requirements and in size. Those i know only use Steamdeck as a retro machine

mrcroket

Yeah a too big deck is not necessary if you know how to handle well your deck.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Some folks keep saying that yet modern AAA games keep getting SD verified.

SD Verified is probably not too far off from games like 2077 getting certifications on PS4/XBO at launch, they were also verified/certified to run on those consoles by their respective vendors.

Deerock71

Yeah a too big deck is not necessary if you know how to handle well your deck.
Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean I do not agree with the way he is measuring here againt a full desktop experience. It comes off a little too harsh IMO.,
You can lower the settings a lot on a small screen and still get a good looking and playing go with no wires.

lmimmfn

R&C is great on Steam Deck apart from the game breaking bugs, at the end but can't progress without several hours replay, will try and recover on my main rig when I get a chance.

Top Bottom