• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Horizon Zero Dawn PC Revisited

GametimeUK

I'm still not jumping in. I would love to, but no DLSS really does sting. On top of that there is no option for the same checkerboard rendering that was present on PS4 Pro. Not really feeling like playing it on my 4K display with my 2080 considering the settings I'd have to use to make up for the lack of DLSS or Checkerboard rendering.

I honestly think PC games are missing out with these techniques and I've said it for years. I loved the inclusion of such techniques in games like Watch Dogs 2 etc, but I'm getting off track now.

Either way it's great to see an improvement. Bring Bloodborne and Uncharted to PC please.

How dose a 4 year old game not run at 60fps on a 1060 lol, what a shit port, if sony gona bring more shit pc ports, dont bother.

Armorian

Banned
How dose a 4 year old game not run at 60fps on a 1060 lol, what a shit port, if sony gona bring more shit pc ports, dont bother.

It was shit at launch but not anymore. This is the closest match for PS4 GPU vs 1060

LgJJU2j.png

1060 is 2x as powerful but you can add that console has closer "to the metal" API and settings used in the video are HIGHER than on PS4 version.

Lysandros

It was shit at launch but not anymore. This is the closest match for PS4 GPU vs 1060

LgJJU2j.png

1060 is 2x as powerful but you can add that console has closer "to the metal" API and settings used in the video are HIGHER than on PS4 version.
Yes and the game was using PS4's enhanced ACYNC capabilities (higher number of ACEs/queues, extra buses such as Onion+ bypassing caches compared to standart, dicrete HD 7870) to a pretty extensive degree apparently, thus it was particularly difficulty to optimize for PC’s.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Just stating 60FPS without indicating at what target frame rate is disingenious. The game may be old, but the graphics engine is not. HZD is doing the standard latest and greatest graphics features of today. Nothing has changed since then except the inclusion of ray-tracing.

regawdless

Banned
Bought it yesterday. The shimmering on the vegetation is surprising and distracting. No matter what I do, 4k, TAA, injecting additional FXAA and SMAA via reshade.... I can't get it to look as clean as I want it to. Always looks noisy as hell.

Also disappointed that there aren't any mods to improve draw distance and LOD.

Either way. I finished the main game on PS4 Pro and only want to play the DLC on PC. But I couldn't find a save game that has 100% of the main game without DLC. Only found one with NG++ and Ultra High difficulty. Guess I have to use that one and deal with the difficulty.

Top Bottom