• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE: Battlefield 2021 will be revealed soon

Have you ever written a graphics engine? Or even played around with Unreal? If not, you are out of your element bud.

Graphics engines get updated with new features continuously. I can guarantee you that DICE has advanced features in their graphics engine waiting to be used for next-gen hardware and it's not all written from scratch. The PC is the hardware that allows R&D on new graphics features for games. UE4 right now is in it's 26th iteration. There are several RT features in the code that's not even seen in games today. I can implement their ray-tracing algorithm right now yet not a single AAA UE game has RT yet. When UE5 comes out and people start seeing RT in the games they'll immediately claim "oh, Epic rewrote their graphics engine to keep up with next-gen consoles...". That's completely false. The features are already working on PCs and using their 4th version.

KqSrzjM.png

I hate it when guys like you pretend to be armchair developers without a single day working as a programmer. And then try to make me look bad instead of asking questions from my comments which makes you look like more of a fool.
Blah blah blah blah blah! Fact is console games improve visuals over time. Uncharted 1 is a frog compared to uncharted 3, and this generation has of yet been utilised or pushed in any measure, developers are still learning the surface of this consoles so this battlefield doesnt in any way have any say of this consoles maximum capabilities, your a pc fanatic whos absolutely religious in ur thinking, its well and obviously known and historically known how games from early iterations and late iterations improve drastically.

Mojoraisin

Man oh man. Battlefield. Big stuff. My most loved franchise. ❤️

Used to be Sweden’s pride, but turned into a pride parade. 💔.

Look - I didn’t care so much about the historical inaccuracies when all was said and done - it was the finger pointing and right side of history that made me puke. And focusing on all the wrong things after launch. BFV had a steep learning curve and didn’t feel like WWII, but it was a damn solid game with the best BF shooting mechanic by far. Too bad they fucked it up with all the TTK-changes and slow on adding maps.

There are so many things I want in this game, but there’s one thing I want that’ll never happen again. PLEASE Get rid off all the unlocks for weapons. It’s just chores created for a generation that needs constant rewards to keep playing. Have a huge amount of guns, just have them all unlocked. Why do we need a reason to keep playing the game other than it’s fun and we can all play on the same playing field?

Hope to see you all on the battlefield this winter if it all’s turns out good.

/Mojoraisins
(Would have prayed for greatness if I was religious.)

Last edited:

Shai-Tan

Banned
Blah blah blah blah blah! Fact is console games improve visuals over time. Uncharted 1 is a frog compared to uncharted 3, and this generation has of yet been utilised or pushed in any measure, developers are still learning the surface of this consoles so this battlefield doesnt in any way have any say of this consoles maximum capabilities, your a pc fanatic whos absolutely religious in ur thinking, its well and obviously known and historically known how games from early iterations and late iterations improve drastically.
You’re probably just arguing past each other. Games have to fit in a power envelope and optimizing takes time, especially when devs are trying to eke out every bit of performance to make their game stand out. New features and methods figure into that

Please don't spawn into vehicles.

Just go back to 1942/BF2 style and add building destruction.

Bring the jank back to BF! I want to ride on the wing of a plane again. I want to drive way to fast and accidentally blow up.

CitizenZ

Banned
Boy, I sure hope its left trigger/ right trigger, get shot in the back because I will RAGGGGEGGGEEEEEEE if this is not the upgrade of ....every FPS MP game....ever.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Playstation 3 was a special case because of the architecture. PS4 games did improve but not as dramatically as it happened with PS3. A better comparison would be Last of US Remaster and Last of Us 2, the remaster while better than the PS3, couldn't do that much even with the improved PS4 hardware. Building the sequel straight to PS4 produce amazing results. I wish console performance could have a huge jump within the same gen as we saw with PS3 but I don't think that will happen again unless they go with an exotic architecture (which is worse, IMO).

The point is: It is better for PC player and current gen (next gen) gamers to have games built for current consoles and just drop previous gen. Alas, that 150 million installed base is too tempting for most companies.

FUBARx89

I’m not sure what else to call the iconic and instantly recognizable fart noise of the Battlefield theme.

Ohhh hahaha. I thought you might of meant that wierd noise they've used on recent BF games for the logo.

Not the actual theme that always has the duh duh duh duh sound.

//DEVIL//

I hope this game is AMD / Nvidia partnership and not just one company while fucking the other.

and I hope AMD get their shit together the FfX super resolution thing. This company is shit when it comes to software/ drivers.

With that being said I love my 6900xt to death ( some idiot got my 3070 plus 150$ Canadian from me for his 6900xt Asus water cooled lol ). just missing that super-resolution to make it perfect.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Pretty confident the graphics and scale will be awesome. I thought BF 1 was great.

But if it's like old BF games with shitty lobbies, freezing, bounced parties and clunky UI, forget it.

Didnt play BFV, not sure if EA fixed that stuff.

Sygma

I really couldn't care less about graphics in a bf game, all I'm hoping for is a good netcode / hit reg. All the recent bfs since 4 have been an utter disaster in that area, it always took one YEAR of fixing every time.

Also an improved map design. I don't give a shit about the size of the maps, just make it so not playing sniper in the bigger ones isn't actually a problem. BF V in particular had an enormous problem with his, that aerodrome map man... And the one in the desert where you could blow up a bridge? Yeah

manfestival

The hate for BFV is miss placed af.
My hate boner was due to prone people just lying down with a MMG and just filling everything.
Shit was wack.
But I liked the gun ply in V.
I agree with this so much. Granted, I didn't come across too many MMG people. The MMG sucks so much. This also reminds me that the gunplay and TTK were fantastic for the longest time. Completely forgot that they were obsessed with ruining the TTK with the argument of making the game more "appealing" to attract new people to the game. Just hope they magically dropped this awful mentality and commit to not ruining their game. The gunplay still feels great

R6Rider

Gold Member
The hate for BFV is miss placed af.
My hate boner was due to prone people just lying down with a MMG and just filling everything.
Shit was wack.
But I liked the gun ply in V.
For me V has the best gunplay in the entire series so far. After playing 3, 4, and 1 recently before hopping back into V again, it just feels so much better. Pistols feel wack though.

I'd also take a remaster of Bad Company 2.

Twinblade

It's going to be present day/slighty in the future.

Zero chance of sci-fi. They have battlefront and also there is clearly a market demand for a good modern shooter. MW was a sub par game but did well purely based of its setting.

BF4 was too long ago.
I'm tired of modern warfare, give me laser guns and shark with lazers.

homelol

Neo Member
Today I listened from a top streamers that tomorrow will stream a sponsored gameplay of a belic game... can be like when announced apex legends?

Gravemind

I agree with this so much. Granted, I didn't come across too many MMG people. The MMG sucks so much. This also reminds me that the gunplay and TTK were fantastic for the longest time. Completely forgot that they were obsessed with ruining the TTK with the argument of making the game more "appealing" to attract new people to the game. Just hope they magically dropped this awful mentality and commit to not ruining their game. The gunplay still feels great

If TTD wasn't completely broken then the TTK likely wouldn't have been messed with.

The problem was the community complained about the TTD being almost instant, leaving very little feedback being registered for the player that was being shot. This made the TTK seem even faster than it actually was for the player being shot at.

The TTK was never the problem, but the only way they could fix the annoying TTD was by reducing the TTK. Point being, they were fucked either way because their game was a broken mess for a very long time. That game should have been delayed by an entire year, likely more.

Last edited:

PsyEd

I'm just a gfx whore and hoping it "looks" great..aka next-gen. I just don't want any more WW2 bs....anything modern day or even future will get my money.
I mean SW:BF2 on Frostbite 3 engine from 2013 with multiple updates...runs on Ps5 in b/c mode....looks this good

So their next game on...most probably on a new Frostbite engine...should look and sound epic.

NickFire

Just went through picking what to hide in my library, and seeing Battlefield 4 reminded me of the early days with the PS4. Game blew me away at the time. So yup, I'm starting to get excited to see how this is shaping out for next gen consoles. Couple screens I saw looked good.

Top Bottom