• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE: Battlefield 2021 will be revealed soon

Ellery

Definitely want to see that reveal trailer and gameplay graphics, but tbf I don't expect this biggest jump this year but rather next year for Battlefield.

This might still be cross gen I'd except ?

I Hope Please GIF

Please don't suck....

VFXVeteran

Banned
Definitely want to see that reveal trailer and gameplay graphics, but tbf I don't expect this biggest jump this year but rather next year for Battlefield.

Why would they make another BF year from now? Whatever they have in their graphics engine now will be 'next-gen' complete. No need to wait for a later edition of the game. We'll see what it looks like real soon.

Reindeer

"All brought to life with the power of next-gen consoles and PCs"

Will only believe this if it's next gen only, which I highly doubt it is. Reveal trailer will probably be another in-engine nonsense like Battlefield 5. This industry is getting predictable and unexciting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellery

Why would they make another BF year from now? Whatever they have in their graphics engine now will be 'next-gen' complete. No need to wait for a later edition of the game. We'll see what it looks like real soon.

Bad wording on my end. I should have said "next BF"

manfestival

At this point it would be unacceptable for any major title coming out of EA to not be crossplay. Look, Apex legends has it. There is no excuse for Battlefield. Now I am still hoping for the best in this case. I know people hate BF5(with valid reasons) but I still put a decent 200 hours in the game. Not a huge fan of the game myself but it was solid and filled the desire at the time I was playing it.

Fingers crossed in hoping this doesn't suck.

HTK

Banned
At this point it would be unacceptable for any major title coming out of EA to not be crossplay. Look, Apex legends has it. There is no excuse for Battlefield. Now I am still hoping for the best in this case. I know people hate BF5(with valid reasons) but I still put a decent 200 hours in the game. Not a huge fan of the game myself but it was solid and filled the desire at the time I was playing it.

Fingers crossed in hoping this doesn't suck.

EA needs cross play across all of their games, I'm only hesitant with cross play when it comes to PC because of the abundance of cheating going on there.

DonJorginho

Banned
DICE WILL DELIVER THE GREATEST BATTLEFIELD WE HAVE EVER SEEN, THEY HAVE THE ENGINE, THE SKILL, THE AMBITION, THE EFFORT, THE TEAM, THE FEEDBACK AND THE ABILITY TO SUCCEED.

IF THIS IS NEXT GEN AND PC ONLY THEN HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS GENTS.

THIS IS THE CALL OF DUTY KILLER WE NEED.
Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

walk out dave bautista GIF by WWE

The Rock Comedy GIF by Baywatch Movie

shia labeouf s GIF

Arimer

The optimist in me says maybe they got hte message and will take battelfield back and make a large fun game again. The pessimist in me says its going to be a Cod Warzone ripoff.

manfestival

EA needs cross play across all of their games, I'm only hesitant with cross play when it comes to PC because of the abundance of cheating going on there.
I know cheating does happen here and there but it is really rare whenever I come across cheaters in games(mostly pc gamer). Almost every game that has crossplay has options to customize who you would crossplay with. I see your issue being more of a non issue in a major title as this because of that. Like in CODMW, PS people can play with just PS people or just other console gamers. This is also true for every title I have come across like Apex Legends after they implemented it.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
reveal trailer probably wont have gameplay in the sense of traditional and more like they with V where they showed a battlefield and how the game would look, which is a meh from me dawg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
"All brought to life with the power of next-gen consoles and PCs"

Will only believe this if it's next gen only, which I highly doubt it is. Reveal trailer will probably be another in-engine nonsense like Battlefield 5. This industry is getting predictable and unexciting.
They told their investors last year that it is being developed on next gen consoles as the base because they dont want their vision handicapped. If they are straight up telling their stockholders this knowing the pushback they might get from their money guys, it's safe to say that they aren't lying.

Later that year they announced that an external team will be downporting the next gen versions on last gen consoles. Similar to how Black Ops 3 and Titanfall were done. It will not affect the next gen versions.

P.S I really hope they dont do another inengine bullshit trailer that looks nothing like the final game. Do in game gameplay instead of inengine cutscenes please.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The best one is 19 years old now..

kYSfLJ9.jpg
I really liked the 1943 $15 DLC version they released right before the Bad Company 2 launch. It was small and focused. Not much running around for a minute only to get sniped or bombed from the sky.

ebevan91

I want bigger city maps. I'm always a big vehicle map kinda guy but I'd love to drive a tank around a big city map, not those tiny little city maps they make now.

R6Rider

Gold Member
A trailer like BC2 Squad stories would be neat. One of my favorites.

Would share them but they are age restricted and only viewable on YT.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I really liked the 1943 $15 DLC version they released right before the Bad Company 2 launch. It was small and focused. Not much running around for a minute only to get sniped or bombed from the sky.
I liked that too. I always thought it was utterly odd they never added more maps. It was an easy to pick up game that had fun by the buckets, but EA just let it die, very odd..

There were so many great maps from 1942 they could have added.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Is this one for everyone though?

tkkMz7D.jpg

It was the Battlefield for Everyone*

*except the ones who don't acknowledge women with active cybernetic arm prostheses effortlessly carrying heavy rifles in the WW2 frontlines, along with their black squad mates and guys with mohawks. Those pieces of shit can fuck off we don't need your money anyway.

FMX

Battlefield isn't an annual title. So this is it for 2-3 years.

Arachnid

I REALLY hope this is going to be the best Battlefield in awhile. Truly. LET'S GO!

Man, I still really wish we'd see a sequel to 2142.
I'd settle for Titan mode returning at launch. If I could get that, Rush, Conquest, Frontlines, Obliteration, Defuse, and Operations in one Battlefield, I'd die of a heart attack from hype.

I hope it's a step up from 1 and V, and that it sticks to modern day. I'm hoping for the return of levelution and some pretty insane destruction physics. I'm also hoping for a much higher 100+ player count in a map, larger squads (5-6 players), and maybe 6 different classes this time. I need Battlefield back in my life in top form. This used to be the greatest shooter of all time for me.

EDIT: Also, bring back Bad Company

Last edited:
Top Bottom