• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Anybody on East Coast want to hook up and play evenings? I'm late 40's and chill.
Tired of gaming alone. Not too many friends. Wish there was a call button.
Yeah. CST here, play in the evenings and have characters at various levels in the game.

Also if you are looking for folks there are usually some people from the neogaf clan playing. If you want added just shoot me a message.

Little Mac

Just dinged lvl 100 with my Sorc. Xbox achievement says only 1.12% of players have made it to 100.

Bel Air Im Dangerous GIF by PeacockTV

Pimpbaa

Wish you could adjust the brightness (or transparency) of text and the hud in HDR. Text is too bright and hard on the eyes and not ideal for those with OLED displays (In regards to possible image retention or burn in).

marquimvfs

Just beat the same mission twice just to be kicked out at the end of it and loose progress (but my internet is Allright, is server side). Fuck Blizzard, I'm hoping that the morons that decided to make this game always online die a very very slow, painful death. And I hope that hell truly exists, just for them to sit at the devil's lap and be used as human marionettes as long as it pleases the devil, and when it doesn't, that he throws them at fire and that they burn forever without becoming ashes.

Winter John

Is there anything more pointless than enemies scaling with player levels? I hate that shit. It's so fucking annoying. I finished the campaign and enjoyed the story but I don't see any point in playing further. It don't matter what gear or skills I use because the enemies are always going to present the same challenge. When I play a rpg I want that power thing. I want to see my character grow stronger. Go into areas and fight enemies I couldn't before. Don't even get me started on the loot. Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is there anything more pointless than enemies scaling with player levels? I hate that shit. It's so fucking annoying. I finished the campaign and enjoyed the story but I don't see any point in playing further. It don't matter what gear or skills I use because the enemies are always going to present the same challenge. When I play a rpg I want that power thing. I want to see my character grow stronger. Go into areas and fight enemies I couldn't before. Don't even get me started on the loot. Jesus Christ.

Overworld stops scaling at 95, so at 100 you have that power effect.

Helltide not included, as enemies will always be higher level than you during the tide.

Wish you could adjust the brightness (or transparency) of text and the hud in HDR. Text is too bright and hard on the eyes and not ideal for those with OLED displays (In regards to possible image retention or burn in).
100%

HUD & UI transparency really should be a thing for this reason. It's why I don't bother docking my Steam Deck to the TV anymore. Because I ran into similar issues back in the day when I used my Plasma TV for my PC.

Last edited:

Winter John

Overworld stops scaling at 95, so at 100 you have that power effect.

Helltide not included, as enemies will always be higher level than you during the tide.
I doubt I'll get that far. It's taken me 3 weeks to get to lvl 48. I'll go back and give the season a try and then probably dump it until they get around to re-working the scaling, the loot, the mobs and the endgame.

Orbital2060

you know you can turn those yellows into legendaries by impriting them
Just want to say thanks for this. I didnt know they transformed into actual legendaries by doing this. Helps a lot at the start of WT4. Found a bunch of high level yellow ancestrals, but not many good orange upgrades.

Little Mac

Think I'm gonna go for the level 50 hardcore achievement. Made it to 100 softcore with my Sorc, and plan on playing Barb for Season 1. Out of the classes left which is the easiest and safest for the hardcore achievement?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I would probably say barb or druid. Def not sorc! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Barb IMO.
My first main was a Druid on my first playthrough and without some very specific Legendary drops you are going to be stuck on WT1 and not outputting much in the way of damage. If you have a group you can work with, I would recommend but solo it may be too much of a slog.

This is only in reference to HC. If you are not doing HC then play druid all day long, you can share items and aspects from your other Characters which make the climb to 50 much easier.

Pimpbaa

Barb IMO.
My first main was a Druid on my first playthrough and without some very specific Legendary drops you are going to be stuck on WT1 and not outputting much in the way of damage. If you have a group you can work with, I would recommend but solo it may be too much of a slog.

This is only in reference to HC. If you are not doing HC then play druid all day long, you can share items and aspects from your other Characters which make the climb to 50 much easier.

I’m not playing HC but I started fresh with a Druid at WT2 and had very little issue getting to 49 (probably will hit 50 tonight). That’s using mostly a werewolf build except for pulverize (due to 2 items I have that enhance that) poison creeper companion, and cataclysm for my ultimate. I absolutely demolish groups of enemies very quickly by myself. I did die a lot, but I always die a lot in a diablo game (that’s why I don’t play HC).

edit: only got the game last month (the 25th) and play only 2 to 3 hours a day and I’m not only playing D4, I’m also putting in a lot of time with Zelda TOTK (either or, not both the same day).

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I’m not playing HC but I started fresh with a Druid at WT2 and had very little issue getting to 49 (probably will hit 50 tonight). That’s using mostly a werewolf build except for pulverize (due to 2 items I have that enhance that) poison creeper companion, and cataclysm for my ultimate. I absolutely demolish groups of enemies very quickly by myself. I did die a lot, but I always die a lot in a diablo game (that’s why I don’t play HC).

edit: only got the game last month (the 25th) and play only 2 to 3 hours a day and I’m not only playing D4, I’m also putting in a lot of time with Zelda TOTK (either or, not both the same day).
I went through the campaign on release day with a Druid and the climb past 60 was rough the first week. Now my druid cleans house, but I have max rank aspects, unique items, etc. Without some thought put into set up, the druid, imo, can be squishy and if they are going to try Hardcore that can really be sad times.

But it's hardcore...dying is 99% of the fun :)

Zheph

Sorc is probably the easiest for HC actually but I would recommend to wait for the game to be a bit more stable

mxbison

For a game that should be all about the loot, the loot really sucks. Also just cluttering the screen with stuff that can oneshot you or perma cc you into death isn't really my idea of a fun and challenging increase in difficulty.

It's a good game and I enjoyed my playthrough (campaign, strongholds, about half the sidequests, some nightmare dungeons and helltide) but I think I'm done now. Nothing really to keep me going.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
going melee can be super wild in this game and Sorc have the best defensives skills by far

They do not, really.

I play a 90 sorc with a Druid buddy, also 90 and it’s insane the amount of punishment werebear can sustain.

Flame shield is 1.5 seconds invulnerable then your ass is flapping in the air for 15 seconds.
Ice shield is worthless since it only scales off your BASE life. Frost nova is dope but it doesn’t prevent damage it crowds controls and as you go up in nightmare more and more elites are unstoppable. Teleport is quite good but because it’s on a cooldown you will get pinned down.

Flame shield enchant is unique, yes, and good, yes. But few builds can run off only one enchant slot.

Zheph

They do not, really.

I play a 90 sorc with a Druid buddy, also 90 and it’s insane the amount of punishment werebear can sustain.

Flame shield is 1.5 seconds invulnerable then your ass is flapping in the air for 15 seconds.
Ice shield is worthless since it only scales off your BASE life. Frost nova is dope but it doesn’t prevent damage it crowds controls and as you go up in nightmare more and more elites are unstoppable. Teleport is quite good but because it’s on a cooldown you will get pinned down.

Flame shield enchant is unique, yes, and good, yes. But few builds can run off only one enchant slot.
I look at it going to level 50 for the trophy and don't plan to go further in HC, in that scenario I do believe Sorc is the best

I do agree I have all classes at least 70 and my Tornaldo Wolf is my best character but it took a while to be great

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I look at it going to level 50 for the trophy and don't plan to go further in HC, in that scenario I do believe Sorc is the best

I do agree I have all classes at least 70 and my Tornaldo Wolf is my best character but it took a while to be great

In that case, sure, sorc is easy peasy.

Codeblew

I think I am going to go Druid for my first Season 1 character. I have been playing around with one on eternal and it is really fun. Seems a bit slow to kill things but I hear they pick up later on.

Zheph

I think I am going to go Druid for my first Season 1 character. I have been playing around with one on eternal and it is really fun. Seems a bit slow to kill things but I hear they pick up later on.
They will deliver the patch notes on the 18 for S1 so we will see buffs/nerfs but yes Druid is insane in endgame at the moment

If Blizzard is still a serious company, I am expecting many changes

Last edited:

Little Mac

Sorc is my favorite class and I've dinged lvl 100 with it on D4 eternal realm, but I'd recommend all my GAF Brothers and Sisters avoid the class for Season 1. Too many issues in regards to damage mitigation which will only get worst when malignant hearts replace armor gems in the jewelry sockets. The All Resistances damage reduction we get from our main stat is trash and Blizzard said it wouldn't be fixed by Season 1. Sorc is great at quickly leveling to T4 then falls off off a cliff because of how fragile it is. Even with 4 defensive abilities on your toolbar you're still a wet paper bag and its only going to get worse for Season 1 unless the patch on the 18th is godly.

Dying Here Season 4 GIF by The Office

I could go on about our trash Uniques (other than raiment), trash Legendary Paragon nodes, mandatory skills like frost nova so we can apply vulnerable, how fire spec is trash, how every build is forced to run firebolt enchantment, ect ...

Last edited:

Freeman76

Sorc is my favorite class and I've dinged lvl 100 with it on D4 eternal realm, but I'd recommend all my GAF Brothers and Sisters to avoid the class for Season 1. Too many issues in regards to damage mitigation which will only get worst when malignant hearts replace armor gems in the jewelry sockets. The All Resistances damage reduction we get from our main stat is trash and Blizzard said it wouldn't be fixed by Season 1. Sorc is great at quickly leveling to T4 then falls off off a cliff because of how fragile it is. Even with 4 defensive abilities on your toolbar you're still a wet paper bag and its only going to get worse for Season 1 unless the patch on the 18th is godly.

I could go on about our trash Uniques (other than raiment), trash Legendary Paragon nodes, mandatory skills like frost nova so we can apply vulnerable, how fire spec is trash, how every build is forced to run firebolt enchant, ect ...
They are releasing a balance patch in the 18th so everything you said here could be redundant by then hopefully

Little Mac

They are releasing a balance patch in the 18th so everything you said here could be redundant by then hopefully
The devs have stated that the patch on the 18th won't fix resistances. Source. So unless the int main stat now increases armor, they aren't getting any less squishy especially if malignant hearts are taking up jewelry slots usually reserved for skulls (armor gems).

Antwix

Sorc is my favorite class and I've dinged lvl 100 with it on D4 eternal realm, but I'd recommend all my GAF Brothers and Sisters avoid the class for Season 1. Too many issues in regards to damage mitigation which will only get worst when malignant hearts replace armor gems in the jewelry sockets. The All Resistances damage reduction we get from our main stat is trash and Blizzard said it wouldn't be fixed by Season 1. Sorc is great at quickly leveling to T4 then falls off off a cliff because of how fragile it is. Even with 4 defensive abilities on your toolbar you're still a wet paper bag and its only going to get worse for Season 1 unless the patch on the 18th is godly.

I could go on about our trash Uniques (other than raiment), trash Legendary Paragon nodes, mandatory skills like frost nova so we can apply vulnerable, how fire spec is trash, how every build is forced to run firebolt enchantment, ect ...
Don't care. Nothing will stop me from playing sorc

Cry Love GIF by Pudgy Penguins

cormack12

Gold Member
I might try barb in S1

I'm on 82 on my main now and loot has just dried up completely. Most of my stuff is PL800+ so there is only marginal improvements via drops. Paragon is making me more powerful like as well as all the lilith statues and swapping out aspects but I kind I of feel its the end really?

Zheph

I might try barb in S1

I'm on 82 on my main now and loot has just dried up completely. Most of my stuff is PL800+ so there is only marginal improvements via drops. Paragon is making me more powerful like as well as all the lilith statues and swapping out aspects but I kind I of feel its the end really?
yeah they messed up the itemization so badly... once you get to T4 you can get 800+ items so technically at 70ish you can be full stuff and after its just xp grind (which is really not what a diablo game should be about)

and barb is really good

bender

What time is it?

The level scaling in the game does rob Diablo of the power fantasy. At least that is my experience so far. I'm playing with a buddy in co-op on WT2. We are 39 hours in, just hit level 51 and are still in ACT III as we typically try to clear side missions before progressing the campaign. We've run into one side quest dungeon boss that wrecked our shit for a few hours before we got the mechanics down and executed a mostly flawless attempt. We were definitely underpowered for that attempt. Aside from that, a few random Butcher spawns are the only difficult obstacles we've had to overcome. On the flip side, the main questline offers no resistance. With the world scaling with you, it just feels like everything takes longer to kill but rarely do I feel like I'm in any danger. I'm sure that has to do a bit with playing on WT2. Drops really haven't made a massive difference in the power curve as it mostly feels like you are geared right where you should be or slightly behind where you should be. In D3, an early legendary drop could make you feel like a God until your progress started to level out. That's never happened for me in D4. I probably got 8-10 legendary items in a play session last night and it was hard to tell the difference at all. It often feels like I'm playing a Musou game instead of Diablo.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does anyone know if seasonal content completion transfers to the eternal Realm? Like if I have barb specific dungeons I haven't got round to yet, but do them in the seasonal Realm, will they also complete in the eternal when they get merged down after the season?

Last edited:

Codeblew

Does anyone know if seasonal content completion transfers to the eternal Realm? Like if I have barb specific dungeons I haven't got round to yet, but do them in the seasonal Realm, will they also complete in the eternal when they get merged down after the season?
You would think it would but who knows with Blizzard. A lot of things they do don't make sense.

Winter John

The level scaling in the game does rob Diablo of the power fantasy. At least that is my experience so far. I'm playing with a buddy in co-op on WT2. We are 39 hours in, just hit level 51 and are still in ACT III as we typically try to clear side missions before progressing the campaign. We've run into one side quest dungeon boss that wrecked our shit for a few hours before we got the mechanics down and executed a mostly flawless attempt. We were definitely underpowered for that attempt. Aside from that, a few random Butcher spawns are the only difficult obstacles we've had to overcome. On the flip side, the main questline offers no resistance. With the world scaling with you, it just feels like everything takes longer to kill but rarely do I feel like I'm in any danger. I'm sure that has to do a bit with playing on WT2. Drops really haven't made a massive difference in the power curve as it mostly feels like you are geared right where you should be or slightly behind where you should be. In D3, an early legendary drop could make you feel like a God until your progress started to level out. That's never happened for me in D4. I probably got 8-10 legendary items in a play session last night and it was hard to tell the difference at all. It often feels like I'm playing a Musou game instead of Diablo.
I watched a video about the scaling. The guy said the worst thing people can do when they’re following the campaign is to go do all the side stuff at the same time. Apparently if you go in to a campaign mission over levelled the game raises enemy levels to match yours. I think he said gear levels have an affect on them too.

Whoa I just got a affix roll on a pair of pants of +4 potion capacity.never seen that before, and an internet search says it doesn't exist

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

God damn so many side quests, I need to stop doing them and finish the main story. I was level 50 when I got my damn horse.

Anyone has a good solution for lag and stutter on pc?

Have a 12700 + 4080 and this game is a stutter mess.
I was having the same issue until I switched the textures down from Ultra (and then I even uninstalled that additional 40GB+ pack). They provided close to none visible improvement in the actual gameplay and for the most part they only gave a sensible improvement when I was looking at my character up close in wardrobe.

Chronicle

The problem with the game. I run around and do the same pattern over and over. Leveling is no longer fun because it's all relative power no? I kicked ass at level 3 and I'm still kicking ass at level 55.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Lol, they will buff fireball damage by 2% and say it's fixed.

Let me explain to you how much the d4 team hates sorc: after a sorc killed echo of lilith they did a silent patch to nerf the drop rate of the glacial aspect.

Top Bottom