• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Luipadre

Cant wait. Still undecided on what version should i get. PC or PS5. On pc i can play maxed out with good fps, but i have a comfy PS5 setup with OLED TV. They already showed the nextgen versions and it looked really good. I need to decide until the early beta starts :(

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Sucks that progress won't carry to the full game. Means I will only play enough to figure out which class I want to start with.

Cant wait. Still undecided on what version should i get. PC or PS5. On pc i can play maxed out with good fps, but i have a comfy PS5 setup with OLED TV. They already showed the nextgen versions and it looked really good. I need to decide until the early beta starts :(
Diablo for me is a PC game. It feels wrong to play it with anything but a keyboard/mouse.

But it doesn't really matter what version you go with. If you prefer chilling infront of your TV and using a controller go PS5.

zomboden

Banned
Ended up getting the KFC code. Redeemed it for Xbox a couple days ago. Have not received my Xbox pre-load code through email yet.

My PC struggles to run PoE end game so I have to play that game on Geforce Now... but I enjoy the KB&M controls. I'm hoping I can get used to the Xbox controller.

I found PoE on Xbox unplayable but this game is looking much less complex in comparison so I'm thinking it will be alright. And cross progression is icing on the cake.

I think testing my PC's performance on this beta would be deceptive, because in PoE I can get 60 fps most of the time while leveling. It's during the end game mob and ability dense scenarios that my fps tanks to unplayable levels (like 8 fps).

Last edited:
Ended up getting the KFC code. Redeemed it for Xbox a couple days ago. Have not received my Xbox pre-load code through email yet.

My PC struggles to run PoE end game so I have to play that game on Geforce Now... but I enjoy the KB&M controls. I'm hoping I can get used to the Xbox controller.

I found PoE on Xbox unplayable but this game is looking much less complex in comparison so I'm thinking it will be alright. And cross progression is icing on the cake.
PoE is an old game.... almost as old as Diablo III.

Diablo IV will likely be more demanding. It might not be the best looking game but I wouldn't base it on just graphics.

zomboden

Banned
PoE is an old game.... almost as old as Diablo III.

Diablo IV will likely be more demanding. It might not be the best looking game but I wouldn't base it on just graphics.
PoE is extremely CPU limited because it was originally created on DX9 (GW2 suffers from this same issue). Even on the Geforce Now 4080 tier you can get 30 fps in Blight Ravaged Tier 16 maps.

But yeah I see your point. My PC has a i5 4590 CPU and if there is a lot of calculations going on then I will be left with a slide show.

I think the mob and ability density will be heavy in end game and the recommended specs are deceptive.

Buying it on Xbox is a safe bet because even despite the fact that I will most likely be forced to use a controller at least it should run competently. In comparison PoE on console ran like a dream for me. I never made it to end game on that version but I also never saw it drop framerate while leveling through the acts.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I know I said I was going to wait and see in an earlier thread but, damn it, the Diablo series is my second most played series of games behind World of Warcraft which I had stayed subscribed to for eleven years before burning out on it. Diablo is probably one of the few games where I'm willing to take the risk despite Blizzard's past. I hope like hell Rod Fergusson and the Diablo 4 team don't let me down. (Note the stealthy loot goblin amiibo.)

PMPqWUL.jpg
What is the size of the install?

GreyHand23

PoE is extremely CPU limited because it was originally created on DX9 (GW2 suffers from this same issue). Even on the Geforce Now 4080 tier you can get 30 fps in Blight Ravaged Tier 16 maps.

But yeah I see your point. My PC has a i5 4590 CPU and if there is a lot of calculations going on then I will be left with a slide show.

I think the mob and ability density will be heavy in end game and the recommended specs are deceptive.

Buying it on Xbox is a safe bet because even despite the fact that I will most likely be forced to use a controller at least it should run competently. In comparison PoE on console ran like a dream for me. I never made it to end game on that version but I also never saw it drop framerate while leveling through the acts.
Controller is much smoother in Diablo than PoE so you should be fine on Xbox.

jbortz78

So when can we on console start downloading the beta, still haven’t gotten any email after registering the code?

Luipadre

The old videos had the HUD on the bottom left side like the console version of D3. Wonder if we can choose between the 2 UI or they just updated it to the new centered one

TVexperto

weird i havent received the code from amazon yet.

does anybody know if its possible to cancel battle.net preorder after beta?

Little Mac

Preload now available

How do I find it on xbox? I preordered the ultimate edition on the xbox store. All I have is the 323.4mb file in my games library.

Update: Nevermind ... search for it in the xbox store. It's a separate download than your preorder file for some reason. 36.54 gb in size (on Series S). File name is "Diablo IV - Open Beta".

Last edited:

Luipadre

Went with PC. Gimme that max gfx at high framerate. I cant fucking wait. The wait until the full game after the beta will be brutal

Took 3 hours to receive my KFC, but it finally arrived. The beta code actually arrived before the food lol

Popeyes > KFC
I just checked. It looks like it HAS to be the app(KFC) cause there was no sign of the beta on the website but it's front and center on the app. Also, it says a Double Down or any other KFC sandwich so it's not only for the Double Down.
Ordering on the website works. But like I said it took 3 freaking hours for my food to arrive lol

My buddies and I bought Little Chicken sandwiches from KFC yesterday, didn't pick them up, and still got our codes.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I have never played a Diablo game before but just got III in the sale on PS5.
This is the perfect chill game and I’m really enjoying it.

In terms of PS5 vs PC is there any indication of massive differences beyond M&K FPS and potentially res?

Basically are we getting a gimped version because the controls on PS5 for III are excellent.

xVodevil

Can't really get all that hyped for this limted beta, still looking forward for some weekend testing.
But damn I'll be soo ready for the actual release! :messenger_beaming:

Top Bottom