• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cagey

Banned
God this is comical. We're literally unable to progress in this cave beyond corpse-hopping right now: respawning, running as far as possible, dying, and having the next guy spawn on the corpse, etc.. FUN TIMES.

I can get into the European server once every ten tries. I can stay on once I'm on for usually an hour before being disconnected.

I haven't been able to get into the American server for four days, I'd say over 60 attempts. This is where my main characters, friends list, auctions are.

I've done everything that every thread and official recommendation has asked.

The only clue that something individual to me might be up is that a 3007 crashes the game each time, which isn't usual for most people's 3007s.

UberTag

Looks like the Auction House just officially crapped out.
All outstanding auctions went into auto-expire and/or outright vanished.
Anything showing up now was put up in the last 10 minutes.
There was some awesome looking error code showing up in search results when the crash happened.

syllogism

This is the most interesting blue post in the thread

It's essentially being nerfed to the point of obsolescence until we can implement a new rune in its place in a future patch.

e: and this

We've made a number of class changes (again, intend to post about all of them tomorrow) and we want to monitor how those shake out before we attack any content difficulty changes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Well shit. This pretty much settles it.

It's hilarious that Normal through Hell you can do what you want as a Monk and be totally fine, but come Inferno you're shoehorned into dropping all of your dps skills and replacing them with healing and defensive ones.

At the very least I'm glad I got her to 60, but until they drastically change them I'm dropping the monk and re-rolling to a Wizard.

Really. Nerfing a great rune on a class that's already fucked in Inferno. Smh.

DarkKyo

Oh man, just did the Nightmare Azmodan exploit with 3 of my friends... went from 43 to 51 in like an hour and twenty minutes! I wonder if Blizzard is gonna fix that.

Alright I finally got my damn item that I bought off the AH 3 hours ago.

It seems that the AH is lagging a bit and the trades are taking a while to go through.

kingslunk

Bwo6c.jpg

2 down. 2 to go.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Looks like the Auction House just officially crapped out.
All outstanding auctions went into auto-expire and/or outright vanished.
Anything showing up now was put up in the last 10 minutes.
There was some awesome looking error code showing up in search results when the crash happened.

Man, I just got a killer deal on a "[PH] This text should be replaced with game data."

Think I'm going to get a lot of mileage out of that one.

s7evn

We've got Monk & Demon Hunter shields to protect us from the nerf guns for awhile thankfully :).

We'll see by tomorrow.
We've made a number of class changes (again, intend to post about all of them tomorrow) and we want to monitor how those shake out before we attack any content difficulty changes.

From the sounds of it, they've changed more than just the monk. So until tomorrow we won't know what exactly they are planning.

Noirulus

Well shit. This pretty much settles it.

It's hilarious that Normal through Hell you can do what you want as a Monk and be totally fine, but come Inferno you're shoehorned into dropping all of your dps skills and replacing them with healing and defensive ones.

At the very least I'm glad I got her to 60, but until they drastically change them I'm dropping the monk and re-rolling to a Wizard.

Really. Nerfing a great rune on a class that's already fucked in Inferno. Smh.

So you enjoyed steamrolling through Normal to Hell, and then became disappointed that Inferno was actually tough? Really?

You know what I think would be a great change for weapons? Tying weapon mods more closely to specific skills, so that you get an incentive to hunt for specific weapons instead of just +dmg + resist + vit.

So, things like +arcane damage or +to arcane orb damage specifically.

KorrZ

From the sounds of it, they've changed more than just the monk. So until tomorrow we won't know what exactly they are planning.

Could be buffs for certain classes as well, doesn't outright say nerfs all around. I just don't see Wizard being touched this early. It's kind of a mid tier class. Mid tier is usually safe for awhile while they nerf the high tier and buff the low tier. At least if they balance this the way they've balanced WoW in the past.

syllogism

Could be buffs for certain classes as well, doesn't outright say nerfs all around. I just don't see Wizard being touched this early. It's kind of a mid tier class. Mid tier is usually safe for awhile while they nerf the high tier and buff the low tier. At least if they balance this the way they've balanced WoW in the past.
Mid tier class? That's funny
That is some really professional game balance there Blizzard. Game is really a mess.
Ever read balance patch notes of any similar game, ever?

Killer

Banned
Kinda worried that AH is ruining the experience . I'm in act 2 right now on nightmare and I thought it was kinda challenging. I decided to hit The AH to improve my armor and now I can breeze through like it's nothing. I hope they balance it some how.

I'd like to give thanks to echoshifting and their friend for carrying me through Nightmare Act 2 boss. I guess it's about time I start looking into Vitality gear I guess. THANK YOU!

syllogism

Kinda worried that AH is ruining the experience . I'm in act 2 right now on nightmare and I thought it was kinda challenging. I decided to hit The AH to improve my armor and now I can breeze through like it's nothing. I hope they balance it some how.
They are never going to balance that. The same thing could happen in d2 if you had a high level friend, otherwise traded or just got a lucky drop. Of course with AH trading is much easier and it's more difficult to ignore.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Oh man, just did the Nightmare Azmodan exploit with 3 of my friends... went from 43 to 51 in like an hour and twenty minutes! I wonder if Blizzard is gonna fix that.

What are you talking about? I did not just do the same thing last night and level from 42-50 in a similar amount of time :p. Either way not complaining about how stupidly easy it is to be power leveled with it.

Yeah, I'm just avoiding the AH until I hit Hell. If I don't need the items then might as well preserve the challenge for myself.

I have a feeling the supply of lower level items will dry up once people congregate in Hell and up, because you only have 10 slots to sell things with.

syllogism

It sure isn't no DH/Monk. If it's not the top and not the bottom that places it?...in the middle.
What do you mean exactly? A wizard can crush every act on inferno without breaking a sweat and is by far the best/most broken class in the game right now.

Cagey

Banned
AH ruining the experience is right.

Whenever my group hit a snag, we hit the AH for 10 minutes, and then would utterly demolish this game until the next ramp up in difficulty occurred.

Wash rinse and repeat. Shit even worked in Act 1 Inferno.

JambiBum

There is no need to fix the AH. It is just player to player trading on a larger scale. You decided to use it. I don't even buy things from it. I use it to make money from items that no one I play with needs. The AH is what you make of it.

Macmanus

What are you talking about? I did not just do the same thing last night and level from 42-50 in a similar amount of time :p. Either way not complaining about how stupidly easy it is to be power leveled with it.

Kind of hoping they don't fix this... but given their response to the chest in the Oasis I feel confident that they will.

AH ruining the experience is right.

Whenever my group hit a snag, we hit the AH for 10 minutes, and then would utterly demolish this game until the next ramp up in difficulty occurred.

Wash rinse and repeat. Shit even worked in Act 1 Inferno.

It's ruining the experience because you lack self control?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mid tier class? That's funny

Ever read balance patch notes of any similar game, ever?
I've read more than enough patch notes across a pretty wide array of games. Hotfix nerfing an ability into obscurity because you claim it is ten times more powerful than it should be is something I have never heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom