• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Tal's mask at one point was highly sought after.

Quite a while ago.

Pre 1.10, mainly. Shako, Nightwing, Griffon, Crown of Ages, and Delirium are mostly what people want know, IIRC.

It was decent for mercs towards the end. If anyone else wore it I laughed at them.

Andy's Visage or eth uped Vamp Gaze are preferred now.

Quite a few items were added in 1.10.

I do have a relevant point with all of this...many sought after items today were only introduced in 1.10, so there's still hope that Blizzard makes some major changes and introduces a lot of viable uniques at some point.

LordCanti

The Butcher
on Inferno is a lesson in frustration. I've tried with three groups now, over the course of hours. About to flip a table.

Andy's Visage or eth uped Vamp Gaze are preferred now.

Quite a few items were added in 1.10.

Of course, of course. Tals mask was a cheap merc helm after ladder reset. Eth Andy's and Vgaze was the ultimate goal. I had a few Tal's mask on alts that didn't really rely on a merc.

I see we have a few people other than me with D2 elitism issues ;P.

I hope D3 becomes just as good down the road.

Must have been a while since I played, but you bringing up those uniques does jog some memory. Theres no uniques in D3 along those lines? Or not very many?

All I used in D2 were uniques (now Legendary)

Really dissapointed to hear this stuff about legendary and set items.
All this "loot" i'm getting is just trash I sell to the merchant.

Ploid 3.0

Man this sucks, I want to play the game but it keeps disconnecting, and the thing is that I'm trying to play solo to farm gold to buy armor to see if I can get my witch doctor higher in hell mode. I should just quit until the problem fix itself or just stop playing.

I got a error on buying something from the AH too. Money was collected, but no item.

Shouta

The Butcher
on Inferno is a lesson in frustration. I've tried with three groups now, over the course of hours. About to flip a table.

I bet it's probably easier solo than it is in a group. But that might only be true for Monk, lol.

I'm in Act 1 Inferno now with about 8.6k DPS which is usually more than enough for even the elites. I've done a lot of All resistance hunting and I'm up to 400 across the board at least, with a few higher, thanks to the All Resist stat. It's still a little rough though. I need more HP. >=|

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, finished normal as a Wizard last nigh, here is my manguything:
normaldiablowizard.jpg

Had about 450 DPS before act IV, but decided to grab a new weapon at the AH before moving on. Fear my Magical Bleeding Axe of shooting laserness.

Well they gotta think of some kind of offline option so I can actually play the game.

There is likely going to be a console option, and I will be shocked if that is online only. But who knows, maybe you are just fucked.

LordCanti

I bet it's probably easier solo than it is in a group. But that might only be true for Monk, lol.

I'm in Act 1 Inferno now with about 8.6k DPS which is usually more than enough for even the elites. I've done a lot of All resistance hunting and I'm up to 400 across the board at least, with a few higher, thanks to the All Resist stat. It's still a little rough though. I need more HP. >=|

The floor timer makes it very difficult for a build that doesn't have the immense resistance of a monk. I tried solo'ing just as many times and had very little luck. As soon as the
floor gets to about 80% on fire
there's no way to effectively kite.

850 Dps bow for 100k? YOINK.

Also again... cluster bombs <3

I've been looking for that kind of deal and not having any luck. Grats.

KorrZ

I have learned the wonders of Force Armor. Hell is easy mode now with Blizzard/Venom Hydra kiting.

Also thanks to Dreams-Visions for the +Attack Speed tip, boosted my DPS by 2K with a couple of cheap rings off the AH.

I do have a relevant point with all of this...many sought after items today were only introduced in 1.10, so there's still hope that Blizzard makes some major changes and introduces a lot of viable uniques at some point.

Pretty much what I was thinking too. 1.10 really transformed D2 in a lot of ways. Until then I'm just gonna stop. Don't have the time to play this, especially if I'm not enjoying it that much.

LordCanti

hey guys, can you put pages of blacksmithing or jewelcrafting on the AH?

if so, how much are they selling for? the god damn AH is not working for me :|

Not very much. Blacksmith plans (for specific items) go for quite a bit, depending. Pages though? Almost nothing.

AH won't work for me right now. Tried to buy a decent bow that was quite underpriced. No dice.

themadhatter444

Neo Member
My DH is finally starting to die a fair amount in Act 2 NM. About 3/4 of the way through and I usually die at least once on blue/yellow mobs. Smoke screen is a complete piece of shit unless you're playing multiplayer. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but mobs DO NOT ignore me when I'm invisible. I like caltrops/vault because it gives me an opportunity to drop a trap and get out of range so I can effectively kite. The delay on vault is a huge set-back, but I'm learning to live with it.

Level 39. Damage is about 800 and I have ~3200 HP. Lulz. Working on it!

My DH is finally starting to die a fair amount in Act 2 NM. About 3/4 of the way through and I usually die at least once on blue/yellow mobs. Smoke screen is a complete piece of shit unless you're playing multiplayer. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but mobs DO NOT ignore me when I'm invisible. I like caltrops/vault because it gives me an opportunity to drop a trap and get out of range so I can effectively kite. The delay on vault is a huge set-back, but I'm learning to live with it.

You used the auction house much? Or just using what you pickup. I just got to NM and I can see gear upgrades being necessary in the near future.

I don't think I have anything against the AH I am just trying to not be reliant on it. Mainly because I know how I am and once I get spoiled by it, my elitism will only allow me to have the best. Which will lead to money shortages and such, lol.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I think its time to rethink my Barbarian build. At the end of Act 2 on Nightmare at about level 48 and I get destroyed so easily. I only have like 2.2k HP lol -.- Got all str and no vit/hp buffs

Something happened tonight, Hell went from waay too hard to just about right... if not outright a little easy. I bought a great level 54 caster sword a couple days ago for cheap and was finally able to equip it and I have discovered a new build (for myself at least). My Witch Doctor is 54 right now. I do 4k unbuffed DPS and have about 25k HP. I'm posting on my phone so I can't pull up the exact build but it's basically:

Fire Bomb (Flash Fire)
Haunt (Additional DOT rune)
Soul Harvest (Siphon)
Spirit Walk (+ mana regen)
Grasp (Rain of Corpes)
Zombie Bears (!!!)

Passives I switch around a bit but usually keep the Spirit Vessel one and the increased mana one. Jungle Fortitude or Pierce the Vail in the other slot depending on how safe I feel.

Haunt with the additional damage rune DEVASTATES single targets; combined with the raining corpses on my grasp spell it also gives me ability to kite anything. Then Zombie Bears are just too amazing for words... too amazing.

kirblar

Your DPS is really low. Go grab a better weapon off the AH.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think its time to rethink my Barbarian build. At the end of Act 2 on Nightmare at about level 48 and I get destroyed so easily. I only have like 2.2k HP lol -.- Got all str and no vit/hp buffs

My Wizard had more then that During Act 3 of Normal Mode.

Cagey

Banned
So my group reached Act 2 Inferno after marathoning from Thursday until now, and fuck this shit. We can take on every fourth or fifth group of specials. We wipe so god damn often.

As someone who played D2C/D2X exclusively on hardcore mode, this is an odd experience.

EDIT: we're corpse-leaping at this point, late in Act 2... dying and respawning on other's graves.

Stasis

Welp, inferno basically changed everything for my monk.

No longer viable is my 9800 dps, 35k hp dual-wield build with little resistances.

Face melting in Hell shall be missed!

I just went to the official monk forums and wow, am I not looking forward to end game anymore. I may reroll. At the same time I have faith Blizzard will patch the game and balance the classes a little better. But right now, damn the monk faithful are looking pessimistic as hell.

LowParry

I just went to the official monk forums and wow, am I not looking forward to end game anymore. I may reroll. At the same time I have faith Blizzard will patch the game and balance the classes a little better. But right now, damn the monk faithful are looking pessimistic as hell.

If anything, classes need a little buff here and there. Or adjust mobs just at tad in Inferno or at the very LEAST, fix something with item drops in Inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom