• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF : Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Ps5/Xbox Series X/S Next Gen Patch Tested

Kuranghi

This games art comes alive at 4K, so even if you have to lock to 30 to get that its worth it, so imo the XSX is the best place to play it on consoles right now. Who cares if its 60 fps when the game itself has massive internal lag, you can count 100s of ms between when you press the button and he does a move sometimes so 30 fps didn't feel like a big downgrade in regards to control/feeling. Meanwhile the vistas are fucking amazing, and general texture detail is stellar and sometimes only visible at a really high resolution.

So ultimately I'd say playing this on PC at constant native 4K (As opposed to dynamic 4K on XSX) is the best experience but I know not everyone can do that, you need a GTX 1080 (or equivalent) to lock to 30 at 4K + max settings in gameplay (Except for one specific area, but its just full of alpha effects so its a given and I just accepted 24fps for that bit rather than temporarily turn it down), but if you want locked 30 in cutscenes with closeups of multiple of the main characters (who also look fucking amazing with good IQ, the Greez guys hair and everything looks super great) AND keep Depth of Field at max you need at least a 1080 ti, maybe something a bit faster even. The easiest compromise is just to disable Depth of Field but it looks really good at max quality, very filmic and it made the cutscenes in the ship look much closer to an offline rendered CGI film. If you turn it down it just turns into a shitty blur so its kind of an all or nothing thing imo.

I really want to replay this now, I was going to last week but I uninstalled it due to trying to focus on things I've not already beaten.

cd_jakevas

I will retry but I never got used to the input lag. I tried it again after playing GoT and it let me down even further.

JackMcGunns

Can we get some details please...
Xbox Series X appears to get the more fully featured range of upgrades. Of the three consoles, it is the only one to retain both the quality and performance modes of the last-gen versions - and both are improved. Quality mode targets 30fps with a dynamic resolution window of 1512p to 2160p.

Its performance mode aims for 60fps, achieving it for the most part with a 1080p to 1440p dynamic resolution range.

By constrast, PlayStation 5 gets a single mode, targeting 60fps and doing so at a locked 1200p with 1440p post-process buffers.

Why are ms fans so happy, if i was a xbox fan, i would be like, where is the 12tf console gone, have ms downgraded it last minute, and and given us a 9tf console instead, wtf

Last edited:
Can we ban these stupid ass comparison?

Also both Cyberpunk and Jedi Fallen Order had Microsoft deal and it shows with extra graphic option on XSX.
No these comparison are there for a reason to compare just cause your prefer platform underperform you want to ban come on now put on the big boys pants and deal with it.

longdi

Banned
Sorry dears, I must have heard wrongly while I sped through the video. So SX stutters more. Not that bad since it also have a 4k/30 high quality mode, that should still make the best version 🤷‍♀️

pratyush

No these comparison are there for a reason to compare just cause your prefer platform underperform you want to ban come on now put on the big boys pants and deal with it.
These comparison have so little difference. It's either PS5 people jumping with 2 frames difference or Xbox fanboys with slightly sharper image. Mostly fanboy wars happen in these threads.

Maybe once we are into next gen completely, these comparison will mean something

There’s definitely some wicked stutters I’m seeing on XsX that VRR isn’t fixing, not sure what’s going on. It’s not frequent though, maybe a streaming issue.

Looks great with HDR.

isoRhythm

Banned
Sorry dears, I must have heard wrongly while I sped through the video. So SX stutters more. Not that bad since it also have a 4k/30 high quality mode, that should still make the best version 🤷‍♀️
No worries, they're basically identical 99% of the time. Hell even on my 5700xt + R3600 (at 1080p 60fps mind you) it has noticeable stutters

Really curious what the game would be like at 30FPs on the PS5. It's a shame they didn't do that for the console. It would have made the comparison more interesting.

Top Bottom