• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF : Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Ps5/Xbox Series X/S Next Gen Patch Tested

AnotherOne

Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Can we get some details please...

Series X a bit sharper, PS5 a bit smoother, Series S a bit ... eh.

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
PlayStation 5

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I LOL'd at the Gamepass plugin by Richard.

He's right though. The game is absolutely fantastic and everyone should give it a chance. I played it for $15 on EA Premium and aside from some stuttering, it played fairly well at 60 fps.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Series X a bit sharper, PS5 a bit smoother, Series S a bit ... eh.

Xbox Series X Performance mode

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS
  • Dynamic resolution added in the range of 1080p to 1440p

Xbox Series X Normal mode (non-performance mode)

• Postprocessing has been increased to 4K
  • Dynamic resolution in the range of 1512p to 2160p
PlayStation 5

• Framerate has been increased to 60 FPS (up from 45 FPS)
  • Postprocessing increased to 1440p
  • Dynamic resolution has been disabled and the game is rendering at 1200p (up from 810-1080p)
Aren't post-processing effects in 4K?

kyliethicc

So

PS5 is 1200p @ 60 Hz
post-processing is 1440p

XSX is 1080p-1440p (dynamic) @ 60 Hz
post-processing is 1440p

XSX quality mode is 1512p-2160p (dynamic) @ 30 Hz
post-processing is 2160p

XSS is 720p-900p (dynamic) @ 60 Hz
(no enhanced post processing)

For 60 Hz modes, PS5 and XSX are basically the same. XSS is lower res.

And only XSX has the higher res 30 Hz mode.

Last edited:

Fbh

Seems like a pretty basic upgrade, but still better than nothing I guess.

I guess EA is in bed with MS? No technical reason explains the laziness involved.

Since these are basically just patches for last gen games and it's not like they have rebuild the entire game from the ground up. I'm guessing a lot of these differences are related to SX having better and more flexible backwards compatibility implementation

Elios83

SX has higher dynamic res, stutters less.
Another comeback win for MS 🤷‍♀️

Emmm no SX can't handle stable 1200p@60fps like PS5, hence dynamic res with 1080p as a base. And it's the PS5 version that stutters less as well :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Another loss for MS 🤷‍♀️ even in a BC mode game that allows developers to implement more stuff compared to the PS5 BC solution. Still no match for more powerful hardware :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Calverz

Emmm no SX can't handle stable 1200p@60fps like PS5, hence dynamic res with 1080p as a base. And it's the PS5 version that stutters less as well :messenger_grinning_sweat:
And other loss for MS 🤷‍♀️ even in a BC mode game that allows developers to implement more stuff compared to the PS5 BC solution. Still no match for more powerful hardware :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_sunglasses:
Xsx goes up to 1440p. What does the ps5 go up to?

Elios83

Xsx goes up to 1440p. What does the ps5 go up to?

What does the xsx go down to? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Btw seriously this is whole huge grasping at straws, but it's still funny to see some people who can't accept the fact that PS5 is at least at the same level as XSX in real games while they were believing in the 35-40% performance advantage bubble for a whole year.

Last edited:

retsof624

Seeing that launch footage triggers me. I waiting until I got a next gen console to finish it because of that last gen base console performance

Romulus

The game isn't optimized on anything, even PC it stutters and should run far better than it does. No surprise it doesn't target higher resolution.

Another W then. Locked at 1200p, and 60fps with less stutter.

When the floor is 1080p on SX you can hardly give the W on that - just means you can't lock it higher without dropping frames massively at certain sections/conditions within the game.

Obviously both machines could run this game much much better if the code base was rewritten from the ground up for them so it's meaningless but you know... reality. We got what we got.

Last edited:

Banned
Another loss for MS 🤷‍♀️ even in a BC mode game that allows developers to implement more stuff compared to the PS5 BC solution. Still no match for more powerful hardware :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_sunglasses:

you'd hope people like these are troll accounts...

DustQueen

Banned
Series s resolution being bumped to 900p 60fps is actually the biggest update of the bunch, cos Unreal Engine image reconstruction really struggled to clean up the soup at 720p while now it produces a much, much better IQ.

T-Cake

Series s resolution being bumped to 900p 60fps is actually the biggest update of the bunch, cos Unreal Engine image reconstruction really struggled to clean up the soup at 720p while now it produces a much, much better IQ.

Watching the video, I came away disappointed with the XSS analysis but I will try it out later to see for myself.

DustQueen

Banned
Watching the video, I came away disappointed with the XSS analysis but I will try it out later to see for myself.
Depends on what u are comparing it to.

Compared to Pre-Patch bc version on SS it is night and day.
FO uses basically all of the image reconstruction tricks possible on PS4/XbO and with good results but 720 was just too low. Now it looks more of less as it should.
Soup is almost completely gone n instead there is clean, stable image that is rather on the soft side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom