• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite pledges, Nintendo still has few female managers in Japan

CGNoire

I don't understand why people say stuff like this? You do realize the point of these quotas are to ensure the people with skills who are being discriminated against have a chance to compete.

Depending on how racial or gender based discriminations comes about,the point is to make these groups or communities non-competitive and to ensure the people with the advantages to maintain them.
Dude turn back. Your in way deep.

I can't understand the problem. Nintendo is successful. Bringing light to the fact that an extremely successful company has very few female managers is incredibly self defeating. Also, unless you know the actual reason why it's a pointless discussion. You don't even know if there are even many women going for management positions in Nintendo. The majority of people working in those maid cafes are women, maybe they hate men.

realcool

UR5ewxd.gif

I'm a female manager. Great pay. Great perks. Nintendo, hit me up.

The problem would solve itself if there was a push for 50% representation in bottom level entry employees. But as far as i am aware no one ever demanded that. They just want women to become managers without having to sign up on the ground floor. In Japan there is still a belief that a manager needs to know how to do the job of the workers they have control over. So if you want to be a manager in Japan you had to work your way up.

If there is a lack of women in the bottom level, guess what? You have less women to select for manager positions.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Most female managers are fucking dog shit from years of personal experience in a range of various companies i've been at 🤷‍♂️

Emotional wrecks half of them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sure, pack em in I say. It'll be fine.

tr1p1ex

was wondering why the author of a similar GI.biz article hasn't given his job to a women or gay or to different race given he believes in quotas and wants the world to hire according to quota and thinks he was hired because of privilege.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

I knew as soon as I read that none-sense that I was dealing with a new member, checked out the profile, joined a month ago.

So tell me sherlock, how do you know if someone is being descriminated against or if that person is not the best candidate for the job? HInt: you cant, unless you are in the private post interview discussions.
Lol! I can't tell who is the best person for a particular job but if you are qualified and members of your group who applied to the same position aren't being selected then it would be a sign of something not being right.

John Bilbo

Lol! I can't tell who is the best person for a particular job but if you are qualified and members of your group who applied to the same position aren't being selected then it would be a sign of something not being right.
Or maybe they found someone more qualified?

As Jordan Peterson said, if theres less women interested in engineering field but you want to make it 50-50 at a workplace, theres no way that 50% of female will be as strong as 50% male at the field because you are pulling from a much smaller pool of people so to make it 50-50 you are accepting average versus highly skilled. Point of the story, hire who has talent, malo or female.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Women, black people, and anyone from any minority/section of society you care to mention, should be given exactly the same opportunities to apply for jobs as straight white men.

The same opportunity to succeed. And the same opportunity to fail.

Jobs should be based solely on the abilities of the person to do the job. Nothing else. People who discriminate at the job application process should be run out of town. As should anyone who chooses one person over another for a job, based on their appearance or background.

Last edited:

Fbh

Because it leads to better ideas, usually. I work in advertising, and when you collab on ideas I say A, someones else says we can make it AB, then someone else says but what if we turn it into upside down BA? and so on, it could build on an idea you started. Usually when you have an idea it sorta stops there because that's where your line of thought ended unless someone else says, you can make it better.

And yet some of the absolutely best games in the industry (in both reviews and sales) are made by culturally homogeneous and predominantly male teams in japan.

While the most soulless designed by committee crap in the industry is made by a studio that introduces their games with this:
1487071651128184649.jpg

Last edited:

CGNoire

No,why should I?

You said
I don't understand why people say stuff like this? You do realize the point of these quotas are to ensure the people with skills who are being discriminated against have a chance to compete.

Depending on how racial or gender based discriminations comes about,the point is to make these groups or communities non-competitive and to ensure the people with the advantages to maintain them.

Your original response was completely predictable and right out of the elites ideological playbook.

What proof of discrimination?
You talking Statistical discrepencies pushed and read through an clear ideologoical lens?

You really think statistical discrepancies are proof of some conspiracy to hold back minorites and woman?
To whos benefit? ....no wait let me guess "cis white mens" clearly am I right?

The only real all encompassing discrimation happening in this country is based on class not based on race nor gender The elites have done an amazing job making you all forget that fact. How convenient for them.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

You said

Your original response was completely predictable and right out of the elites ideological playbook.

What proof of discrimination?
You talking Statistical discrepencies pushed and read through an clear ideologoical lens?

You really think statistical discrepancies are proof of some conspiracy to hold back minorites and woman?
To whos benefit? ....no wait let me guess "cis white mens" clearly am I right?

The only real all encompassing discrimation happening in this country is based on class not based on race nor gender The elites have done an amazing job making you all forget that fact. How convenient for them.
Right? Because stuff magically occurs and groups or individuals don't do things without intention. Also,race or class can be interchangeable depending on the circumstance.

I could understand your talking point if a mono-racial or mono-religious country existed but people are going to people and create any circumstance to otherise or negatively discriminate.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
And yet some of the absolutely best games in the industry (in both reviews and sales) are made by culturally homogeneous and predominantly male teams in japan.

While the most soulless designed by committee crap in the industry is made by a studio that introduces their games with this:
1487071651128184649.jpg
I said diversity of thought, and diverse people. That can mean all males coming from all walks of life. But it does help to have opinions and perspectives.

At the end the person who helms the project is what makes the end result good or bad, because out of all the opinions and thoughts someone needs to be, yes and no. And for a lot of people these days that's tough.

OCASM

Banned
was wondering why the author of a similar GI.biz article hasn't given his job to a women or gay or to different race given he believes in quotas and wants the world to hire according to quota and thinks he was hired because of privilege.

qqm086t.jpeg

I really doubt many women can be capable working in Nintendo

They have a old kyoto Business mentality, not many "Young" People have it, leas alone women, 4% is alot

The problem would solve itself if there was a push for 50% representation in bottom level entry employees. But as far as i am aware no one ever demanded that. They just want women to become managers without having to sign up on the ground floor. In Japan there is still a belief that a manager needs to know how to do the job of the workers they have control over. So if you want to be a manager in Japan you had to work your way up.

If there is a lack of women in the bottom level, guess what? You have less women to select for manager positions.
The way it should be. It pisses me off (in the states) when I see people get hired who don't know the job, or came from a different field, and get assigned management or something like that. They shouldn't be working a job like that and unless they have been through the trenches, know the employees and the ins and outs of what goes on.

CGNoire

Right? Because stuff magically occurs and groups or individuals don't do things without intention. Also,race or class can be interchangeable depending on the circumstance.

I could understand your talking point if a mono-racial or mono-religious country existed but people are going to people and create any circumstance to otherise or negatively discriminate.
I cant delve into this in any meaningfull way without also delving into politics and I dont want to get banned nor derail this thread.

We could continue this discussion via DMs if you want?

Maori

Neo Member
Women usually work less hours on average the men in the same workplace, and also, it states that there is a difference in length of tenure, among others.

But let's hire people based on gender and not qualification for the job. That ought to be best for business 😐

The gender pay gap is such a misinformed non-issue.

Top Bottom