• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

cj_iwakura

^^There's another chain maintaind by dreglings. You have to drop into the swamp and find the path to fog door. It's dark and confusing. Once you can travel on the swamp bank for a bit and back onto the wooden bridges, you'll know how going in the right direction. You'll find yourself back on land again a fog door will be there.

Killing Yurt was a good thing. Now you have the best looking armor in the game.

You do get extra flavor dialogue if you keep him alive long enough to meet him at the Nexus, though. And he does have a great voice.

Ein Bear

I just got a pure Bladestone on my very first attempt at the Katana Skeleton. Life is good.

Just need a pure Darkmoonstone and that's all the weapon upgrade trophies.

Struggling with the dogs on 1-2.

What's the effective way to handle them?
Hit them before they hit you? :p

It can be annoying having them interupting your attacks, a rapier can be used to attack from behind a shield or you could use ranged attacks (magic, bow, crossbow) or just smash them with a huge weapon if you're using one.

Hit them before they hit you? :p

It can be annoying having them interupting your attacks, a rapier can be used to attack from behind a shield or you could use ranged attacks (magic, bow, crossbow) or just smash them with a huge weapon if you're using one.

Spear and shield.

Thanks guys. I probably do little grinding since I only have halberd. Shouldn't have spent all the souls for stats.

Ted

Another weekend, a bit more progress!

World 3 and 4 are now done, in terms of bosses at least. There is clearly more to do as I have not met that many NPCs as yet.

I'd given up a little on 3-4, O
ld Monk (offline - I like the idea but want also to try each boss in AI form) wasn't proving difficult per sé but I just wasn't doing enough damage, so it made it a long grind where I would inevitably make a mistake and get hit by those five magic shots he has when you have his health right down
. As a result I went off and did 4-1 first just to stop it becoming annoying.

4-1 proved to be fun, lots of fun melee action all through the level and then I took a more ranged strategy for the boss. Once I'd worked out the way the A
judicator
attacked it was fairly simple to
scoot back and forth between corners on the middle level and shoot him in the head

That gave me the confidence to go back and take on 3-4 and this time I got it. Still a slow grind but I kept my head in the game and made it through.

The approach to the boss on 4-2 was great and probably the most challenging the game has been for me so far. A number of different enemy types, all requiring different strategies combined with thin ledges and the occasional risk of overhead fire. Good stuff. It took me a while to suss out the tall
invisible enemies were tied to the Grim Reaper-esque enemy
but once I did, a combination of ranged and frantic rushing in got me through. The boss turned out to be relatively easy once I understood how his
blindness
played into how I needed to play and with some
rush and retreat melee
I soon got it done.

4-3, or rather, the 4-3 boss turned out to be incredibly annoying until I spotted the
Stormruler sword
after which it became pretty easy. The landscape this boss fight is held in is amazing, I would love a good old sword fight in amongst the area where the Cr
ystal Lizards
are. I don't suppose any white/black world tendency character appear here later on?

Phew. It feels like I have worked for those victories... but it feels good.

Next up the Valley of Defilement but that will have to wait until next week, in the meantime I will spend my lunch hours checking out what new toys I can make with all my new boss demon souls!

Ein Bear

Like an idiot I died in world 5 whilst in human form, which has just knocked me one point down from pure white world tendency.

Is there any way to get my pure white back? I'm going for the Platinum trophy and am so close, but all the bosses are dead already.

gogosox82

Like an idiot I died in world 5 whilst in human form, which has just knocked me one point down from pure white world tendency.

Is there any way to get my pure white back? I'm going for the Platinum trophy and am so close, but all the bosses are dead already.

Depends on whether you've done all the events or not or killed all the bosses or not.

Am I right in thinking it's possible to get pure white and black character tendency in the same NG cycle? My most recent playthrough I wanted to go for it but kind of forget then couldn't get pure white, so I want to start a new 100% playthrough.

If you take each world to PBWT, kill each worlds NPC BP that will take you PWCT. Then it's just a case of killing a bunch of merchants/NPCs to go PBCT. It sounds simple, but I always mess something up along the way!

Finish 1-2.

Took me 3 times to beat Tower Knight (on second attempt he fell right onto me lol) overall it was fun boss battle.

One thing that I notice in 2-1 is that the level design is less linear than the first two Boletaria levels and a lot of pulling lever.

I use bunch of arrows in this level because of that horde enemies throwing boulders at me.

Ted

Another weekend gone, another chunk of Demon's Souls complete!

I started the Valley of Defilement and after quite a few setbacks I managed to get through all of it. Despite these areas having some great challenges I think it is my least favourite area of the game and I think the final boss in the area bugged out a little on me.

When I first entered the fog door, I headed left down a walkway and the
fantastically outfitted Knight
protecting M
aiden Astria
was just standing on the walkway seemingly stuck between a rock jutting from the ceiling and the wall. Stupidly I thought it was just a minion and just spammed R1 until it died, of course then when I reached M
aiden Astraea and talked to her she just offed herself
! I assume if that hadn't happened the fight would have been quite different?

I bthen went off and completed the final parts of Boliteria and beat the P
enetrator
, the B
lue
D
ragon
and the F
alse
K
ing
. All of these were really good fun fights, pretty traditional I guess mechanically but just great fun to play. I ended up feeling a little like I had cheesed the B
lue
D
ragon
as I found a spot where I could hit it but it couldn't hit me but getting across the first walkway after watching it
roast the two fat officials stood there
was intense, as was getting
up the steps as the dragon spits flame left to right, right to left
ad infinitum!

Once past this point I bumped into O
stravia
again and
he gave me a key
, I have been religiously checking the
gate behind the red eye knight in 1-1 whenever I get given a key and finally this is the way in
! This has led to another question though... after
"proving my worth" King Doran stopped attacking me and I got his sword but there is a trophy for killing "Old King Doran", is this the version of him I have to kill or do I meet him in the massive hole in the Nexus floor that has now appeared (be careful with your giant stone sword statue, that's expensive tiling you've broken)
?

I chatted to the Maiden in Black to upgrade after completing the last part of the palace and ended up in a cut scene (which I PS buttoned out of). I assume I now cannot do anything further (in terms of soul level) until New Game +?

Does this mean I have missed anything? I seem to be able to go to all the other worlds as usual but I am wary of losing my 200k odd souls!

If not, or even if so, I'm guessing I'm now coming up to the final battle, anything I need to know before heading into the hole? Any specific weapons/supplies I should take or is it just a "shut up and see what happens" moment?

Thanks guys, this game has been a blast.

That is actually how that boss fight goes, it is one of the most unique bosses in the series, but because of where you fight B
aby Velstadt errr I mean Garl Vinland
it's a really stupid/buggy boss fight imo. Where he's standing there's a ceiling which really gets in the way of the camera, you're literally fighting him on this thin walkway with buggy camera, it's poorly thoughtout on an otherwise standout moment in the series - unsettling atmosphere and one of the best music themes in the series.

I don't know if you're following the questlines but there's more to do in that boss room with regards to G
arl Vinland
and his
sister
, who is the
world tendency NPC/invader for Valley of Defilement

Re: O
ld King Doran
- Yes, this is the version you kill. He has unique loot so it's a worthwhile fight.

Once the Miaden In Black takes you under the Nexus you can't use her to level up any more. You can still do the black world tendency events I think (by dying in each world in human form enough times to turn the archstone on the tendency status screen black (it will not change until you go back to the Nexus). There are unique enemies/invaders in each world at pure black world tendency. There is also a pure black character tendency questline you could still do - get black character tendency by killing NPCs - I usually use the merchants in each world rather than ones in the Nexus.

If you're not currently at pure WHITE world tendency, at this point I don't think it's possible to get there since you've killed all the bosses, but if any world is at pure white it's worth checking each world for the NPC that shows up in each one when at PWWT.

Apologies if Tendency talk is confusing, it was for me for a long time (still is, see my recent post above above!)

Ted

I don't know if you're following the questlines but there's more to do in that boss room with regards to G
arl Vinland
and his
sister
, who is the
world tendency NPC/invader for Valley of Defilement

Sort of is probably the best answer I can give. I've freed most of the friendly NPCs I've met along the way and killed one or two of the less friendly but I was going to leave the extras (which I presume give unique weapons/armour) until NG+ unless this is much harder.

I did meet his
sister
in the swamp and going back now I have got his
shield and armour
was on my list of things to do before I found I couldn't cash out my souls anymore. I'm not sure I want to risk that awful swamp again!

Re: O
ld King Doran
- Yes, this is the version you kill. He has unique loot so it's a worthwhile fight.

I got back from work and couldn't resist giving him a go. What a fight that was! He's a really persistent healer so I barely got a break apart from to scoot behind the altar for a quick heal now and then. Since when you die here the only remotely tricky thing you have to do is take down the red-eyed bastard the souls seemed worth the risk.

Once the Miaden In Black takes you under the Nexus you can't use her to level up any more. You can still do the black world tendency events I think (by dying in each world in human form enough times to turn the archstone on the tendency status screen black (it will not change until you go back to the Nexus). There are unique enemies/invaders in each world at pure black world tendency. There is also a pure black character tendency questline you could still do - get black character tendency by killing NPCs - I usually use the merchants in each world rather than ones in the Nexus.

If you're not currently at pure WHITE world tendency, at this point I don't think it's possible to get there since you've killed all the bosses, but if any world is at pure white it's worth checking each world for the NPC that shows up in each one when at PWWT.

Apologies if Tendency talk is confusing, it was for me for a long time (still is, see my recent post above above!)

You don't even have to go under I don't think, as soon as I returned to the nexus atter completing the last part of Boliteria (
False King
) I went to cash in my souls and immediately moved to the
falling backwards
cut scene.

That would probably be the thing I would pass on to anyone playing for the first time, leave 1-4 until you are totally happy you have done everything else you want to do.

All of my worlds are pure white again now, is it worth doing all the extra stuff now (with an increasing soul bank!), white and black, or is the difficulty in NG+ roughly similar given my increasing stats?

Thanks for all the help Red. It is very much appreciated. :)

No problem :) The difficulty isn't a huge jump no. Enemies hit harder and have more HP. If you leave any extras not done until NG+ it at least gives you more reason to play through again.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hi dudes :)

After playing through Dark Souls twice and being fairly convinced it's my favourite game ever, I thought I'd try this (this being Demon's Souls).

It's taken a while to get into it. It certainly seems less friendly than Dark Souls - I made it past
the tower knight to be told I needed to kill an Archdemon
, wandered around Stonefang Tunnel
beat an armour spider and then got stuck in a very hot place indeed
but now, finally I'm trying the Tower of Latria and this is just magnificent. The atmosphere, the level design...I've made it out of the Prison of Hope and have just
loosened the chains on the horrendous Cthulhu type thing
. It's on a par with any of my favourite Dark Souls moments, although I'm dreading what comes next.

Is it me or is DeS a lot darker than DaS? I don't mean lore-wise (i don't read wikis until a second playthrough and I'm still maybe 90% in the dark as to the nuances), but lighting-wise. Aside from the Shrine of Storms, it seems like perpetual night!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is it me or is DeS a lot darker than DaS? I don't mean lore-wise (i don't read wikis until a second playthrough and I'm still maybe 90% in the dark as to the nuances), but lighting-wise. Aside from the Shrine of Storms, it seems like perpetual night!

It is. Demon's Souls is far more "dark fantasy" and borderline horror than Dark Souls is.

And Bloodborne is like Latria, taken up to 11x and for the whole game. :)

Selen Vinland can kiss my ass. This is one fight I'm more than happy to cheese.

Holy shit, I've fucked up another run by pushing BP Miralda off the edge of the pit forgeting that it doesn't count as a kill towards PWCT. WHY, WHY, WHY do I always forget SOMETHING when going for 100% run! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

neoism

took me awhile to find this thread lol well I finally got this game again :D

It's 5 bones now PSN+ I got it back in 2011 and just didnt like it at all...
I've since played all the others got over 80 hours in BB and DS and fuuucking loved DS2 beat it 4 times lol over 100 hours in PVP alone...
I just cleared 1-1 sooo far and it really clicks now. I guess the first time I got it it was just ahead of its time, for me... I can tell though even with being soo easily in the game it will be the hardest... BB was stupid easy.

Ted

Holy shit, I've fucked up another run by pushing BP Miralda off the edge of the pit forgeting that it doesn't count as a kill towards PWCT. WHY, WHY, WHY do I always forget SOMETHING when going for 100% run! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can feel that grrrrr.

I just had exactly the same thing happen to me (though I'm not going for 100%, just trying to see all unique characters and get all the weapons). I fell off a cliff rolling back and she followed me! It meant no change to my CT but also meant no change to my WT back towards white... eek.

Does character tendency "stick" through each NG? If I get towards white killing the others in the other worlds, will I be able to get the fifth (I think five are required to get from neutral to white) in NG++?

Also, sorry about more questions SoulsGAF, for the unique weapons trophy, do you have to have each weapon in your inventory with Thomas at the same time? I ask because I was looking at the list and one (N
orthern
R
egalia
) seems to require consuming two other weapons, one of which is only available very late game. Do I need to get two of each so I am left with the combined one and one each of the ingredients?

CT does carry over to each NG cycle.

Re: weapons trophy, I'm pretty sure just having the weapon is ok. It doesn't matter if you have it on you, with Thomas or just held it (another player dropped it for you for example). So I'm certain crafting the NR counts without having dupes of the needed weapons for the trophy. I don't remember anything to the contrary.

Ted

CT does carry over to each NG cycle.

That's good to hear as I think it's going to take a third play through for me to get to pure white!

Re: weapons trophy, I'm pretty sure just having the weapon is ok. It doesn't matter if you have it on you, with Thomas or just held it (another player dropped it for you for example). So I'm certain crafting the NR counts without having dupes of the needed weapons for the trophy. I don't remember anything to the contrary.

It seems you don't even need to have them in any inventory, just having had them at some point seems good. I learnt today that you can use S
oul
/D
emonbrandt
to check your CT so I'm not going to chop them in for N
orthern Regalia
until I have collected everything else.

Demon's Souls Wiki said:
You don't have to have them all in your inventory or Stockpile at the same time. If you have held it in your hand for a few moments with the character, it is enough to count. All these items can be dropped, so they can be traded online to help earn the trophy.

Source

This play through I've used all my boss souls on spells to get that list out of the way but getting them all means I need a third and even a fourth for Maiden Astraea and the Old Monk for weapons/miracles.

The jump from playthrough one to NG+ felt a little less rough than my first playthrough apart from that damn swamp and I was able to complete it a lot quicker. I've left 1-4 and am now going through getting a few black WT items. I think I might leave those needed from the Valley of Defilement until the next playthrough though as I can't face any more of it right now!

Next up I'm going to be doing a NG++ devoted to weapons and the souls required for that.

Excluding weapons that need to be forged with a Demon Soul I still need to find a good few:

Blind
Bramd
Hiltless (may have this, need to check)
Istarelle
Large Sword of Moonlight
Phosphorescent Pole

I'm really enjoying the nuances of the WT and CT and hunting down all the different weapons and rings. I'm glad I gave this game a go, it's definitely made me a fan!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Maneater down :) (once I got to the middle platform, it wasn't so bad)
Flamelurker down :) (first time? using magic :/ )
Dragon God down :) (not that tricky but really clever and I love the gigantic sword)
Old Monk down :) (amazing fight, really amazing)
Penetrator down :) (fairly standard big dude in armour but still fun)

I'm currently getting thumped by Old Hero (and especially the bit on the cliff at the start of 4-2) and the bit leading up to False King Allant (get out of my way fat official on the bridge! and then the dragon outside his hall usually gets me). I was ONE HIT away from beating Allant on my first try. ONE HIT!

I think I prefer Dark Souls as a game, but this has been great so far. World 1-3 has been my favourite - I'm playing as a ninja type so it's lots of fun taking on sword-y enemies. World 2-2 was a stinker though. Didn't enjoy that at all. All of World 3 was just amazing, one of the best levels I've played in a game. I've not gone into World 5 yet because I'm still scarred from Blighttown.

My character is now most certainly black tendency and each level is gradually getting blacker...

I'm currently getting thumped by Old Hero (and especially the bit on the cliff at the start of 4-2)
Sounds like you're not
wearing the Thief's Ring?
- This does make the boss trivial though, but it's essential for not aggro'ing the stingray enemies flying offshore.

Soul Remains (this games alluring skulls) also come in handy for the skellies in 4-2.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Sounds like you're not
wearing the Thief's Ring?
- This does make the boss trivial though, but it's essential for not aggro'ing the stingray enemies flying offshore.

Soul Remains (this games alluring skulls) also come in handy for the skellies in 4-2.

No, I don't have the thief's ring. It's a nightmare - those stingray thingies spear me constantly and my soul ray won't reach them. Could you give me a vague clue where I might find it?

Thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure there's 3 of them obtainable. The 'obvious' one is in 1-1 - the ledge where the first meeting with Ostrava is, the treasure there.

If you haven't done this event, I'm not sure if he'll still be there, but the ring will be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dp8_qLRlLs&t=0m33s - You don't have to roll from the steps, just hold forward against the wall and you will hop over it down on to the platform.

Tuck

So I beat the first level. But now I'm having trouble on where to go next. I got through most of 1-2 before dying, but apparently the boss is super hard and I should do a different level first.

I tried 2-1 but I keep getting decimated by fire attacks. I started as a Knight (As of yet, I have no magic). Any tips?

Siegmeyer

So I beat the first level. But now I'm having trouble on where to go next. I got through most of 1-2 before dying, but apparently the boss is super hard and I should do a different level first.

I tried 2-1 but I keep getting decimated by fire attacks. I started as a Knight (As of yet, I have no magic). Any tips?

1-2s boss is one of the easiest in the game, don't know where you heard it's super hard.

Fire attacks can be avoided for the most part in 2-1. Are you talking about the fat ministers?

bakedpony

It's amazing to see this game still get a lot of new players every week!

My friend is playing this game for the first time. He has played Dark Souls though, took him 100 hours to complete one playthrough. I thought it would be fun to capture his experience of the game so I joined him for a blind Let's Play. It's great to see people play this game for the first time (I enjoyed Giant. bomb's Brad playthrough of this). In case anyone's interested, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F931qLuhJMs.

Tuck

It's amazing to see this game still get a lot of new players every week!

My friend is playing this game for the first time. He has played Dark Souls though, took him 100 hours to complete one playthrough. I thought it would be fun to capture his experience of the game so I joined him for a blind Let's Play. It's great to see people play this game for the first time (I enjoyed Giant. bomb's Brad playthrough of this). In case anyone's interested, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F931qLuhJMs.

Based on my current progress, I'm thinking it'll take me a hundred hours too =/

1-2s boss is one of the easiest in the game, don't know where you heard it's super hard.

Fire attacks can be avoided for the most part in 2-1. Are you talking about the fat ministers?

I heard it from IGN. Guess I'll go for him then. Apparently theres also a fire resistant shield I can grab. I'll try to avoid the fire attacks, but they were taking me out in 1 hit, which is less than ideal.

Siegmeyer

I heard it from IGN. Guess I'll go for him then. Apparently theres also a fire resistant shield I can grab. I'll try to avoid the fire attacks, but they were taking me out in 1 hit, which is less than ideal.

I'm guessing you're fat rolling? I always went with light armour in DeS, much easier to dodge attacks. The fire resistant shield is good, but it's pretty heavy and requires decent Strength to wield. If you've only finished 1-1 , your stats may be a way off being able to use it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Hang in there buddy!

I've put about 150- 200 hours in Dark Souls (and I'm still not done yet), and the first twenty hours of Demon's Souls have been pretty rough going even for me! When you get a flow going and it clicks, it's one of the best games I think anyone could ever play.

1-2 is pretty straightforward, but to be honest those first few levels you play are going to shake you whatever you do (I think that's kind of the point).

Ted

I echo what Sploatee said, hang in there!

I'm also a relative newbie so take my advice with a pinch of salt...

Take it slow and keep your guard up. Round every corner like you expect to be jumped. Don't be ashamed to *ahem* tactically retreat and get some grass in you. Watch what those bastard demons do and use their patterns and tells to your advantage but don't over think it, sometimes you've just got to get in there and do it. Stay light in terms of equipment and armour to start with as it seems not getting hit is way more effective than trying to survive being hit. Stab and move, stab and move when on the offensive, don't get greedy and risk a fatal riposte.

The shield you're talking about is great. It took me a while to level up to use it but now it is my main shield and I rarely use anything else. It's a bit of a pain to get but if you're up for it I say get it in your inventory!

Good luck Tuck.

Tuck

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I've been feeling a bit discouraged.

I made it to Tower Knight, but he beat me. After I wasted a ton of health on him. I got him down about half way. I was having some difficulty keeping track of where he was relative to me. And the two times he fell on his back, I was too slow to get to his head (Well the second time, his head was actually not accessible because he fell near a wall =/ ) I really wish there was a shortcut to cut through straight to him like in 1-1.

Trying to get back there but I'm getting stuck on the dogs - a segment that seemed so easy before, don't know why its giving me so much trouble now.

You could always come back to him when you have a better/upgraded weapon - he dies so quickly with a decent weapon. Minor spoiler about post-Tower Knight
You cannot progress after that boss until you fulfill another requirement any way

With all the other areas open now you could try another one. The boss of 2-1 is relatively easy and that area is upgrade material candy land! I know you said you had problems with the fat officials, but you soon bypass them altogether. 4-1 is also popular early on for loot there.

Tuck

You could always come back to him when you have a better/upgraded weapon - he dies so quickly with a decent weapon. Minor spoiler about post-Tower Knight
You cannot progress after that boss until you fulfill another requirement any way

With all the other areas open now you could try another one. The boss of 2-1 is relatively easy and that area is upgrade material candy land! I know you said you had problems with the fat officials, but you soon bypass them altogether. 4-1 is also popular early on for loot there.

4-1 was great for souls farming. Couldn't get very far but I levelled up a decent amount. Can use a spear now.

2-1 I managed to get past one of the flame guys. Died a little later but it gave me some hope.

What screws me is health herbs, really wish they respawned when I die because there a bitch to find again. Having to replay levels is annoying enough. But being SOL because you're out if herbs in really tedious. But I guess thats just me being a newb.

I'll keep trekking on, though I really would like to see some semblance of progress sooner than later... I've put 8 or 9 hours in and I've only finished level 1-1 :(. Somehow I don't think I'm making it through this game.

Siegmeyer

4-1 was great for souls farming. Couldn't get very far but I levelled up a decent amount. Can use a spear now.

2-1 I managed to get past one of the flame guys. Died a little later but it gave me some hope.

What screws me is health herbs, really wish they respawned when I die because there a bitch to find again. Having to replay levels is annoying enough. But being SOL because you're out if herbs in really tedious. But I guess thats just me being a newb.

I'll keep trekking on, though I really would like to see some semblance of progress sooner than later... I've put 8 or 9 hours in and I've only finished level 1-1 :(

If you're confident farming souls in 4-1 use them to buy herbs from the Nexus blacksmith. Quicker than farming World 1.

Tuck

Beat 2-1. Boss was a bitch but when I slowed down (considerably), I did much better.

The level itself was a lot of fun, and pretty easy to when I got past the first fire guy.

May try 2-2 now, or 3-1.

EDIT: Beat 3-1! Took a while to beat the boss. But the level was really fun (and surprisingly easy). Unlocked the Sage guy so he can teach me advanced magic. Also finally learned soul arrow. 4-1 will definitely be a greater challenge. I'll tackle it tomorrow.

EDIT 2: Beat 5-1 and 1-2. Soul Arrow makes things much easier, though I am trying to not rely on it too much. Killed the red dragon. Unfortunately on a previous attempt to get the purple flame shield, I had to drop it because it was too heavy. So its gone permanently. I'll probably go kill a red eyed knight (or at least, try to) and maybe he will drop one. I got a flame resistant shield, at least. Next up will be either 2-2 or 4-1, both apparently have big shortcuts but I think Ill play through the whole level. Amazing game.

EDIT 3: Beat 4-1! Pretty easy (boss was a joke) thanks to soul arrow, and got so many souls.

Ted

Nice one Tuck! Any ranged weapon gives you a load more options so perhaps also try a bow. The melee combat though is mostly really nicely done so like you already said you don't need to rely on them too much.

Talking generally of souls, I have too many I think now and it's a result of one thing. One thing that just seems so odd for this game. Pure fucking Bladestone. Why would anyone, in a game so well crafted to encourage exploration over farming, make this a rare loot drop from as far as I can two enemies in the whole game?

At the rate I'm getting souls from the grind NG++ is going to be a little easy. Going to have to resist the temptation of soul power!

PillarEN

Man... I've completed 1-2, 2-1, 3-1. I can't go too deep into 2-2 because I don't use magic. I've hit a wall in 3-2 because the boss simply kicked my ass.

I'm level 30. Focusing on strength and dexterity and I play like a sneaky agile character.

Should I go to 4-1 and 5-1 for now? Am I screwed if I don't start focusing on magic?

cj_iwakura

Man... I've completed 1-2, 2-1, 3-1. I can't go too deep into 2-2 because I don't use magic. I've hit a wall in 3-2 because the boss simply kicked my ass.

I'm level 30. Focusing on strength and dexterity and I play like a sneaky agile character.

Should I go to 4-1 and 5-1 for now? Am I screwed if I don't start focusing on magic?

4-1! My favorite.

And absolutely not. It just means you'll have to roll up your sleeves and get messy.

Tuck

4-1 is much easier with magic. Insanely so. Well I mean, I guess that applies to the game as a whole, but it is very evident there. 5-1 is easier with magic but its not necessary. Just make sure you have a few tupertines, especially for the boss (A black tupertine will make the boss die in 10 seconds flat).

Re: My own progress - Completed world 2 and 5. Demon God was infuriating. World 5 boss was really easy. World 3 is next on my to-do list (3-1 remains my favorite level in the game).

Blacksmith Ed won't take my Red Hot Demons soul and its pissing me off. What do?

Top Bottom