• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Never really got fully into Demon's Souls because I have heard that there are 2-3 early game items that you have to get to make the game a lot easier. Is this actually the case or should I just play the damn game and forget about them.

I have tried to get into Demons Souls many times over the past years. It hasn't helped that I am not the biggest fan of D & D no matter how warped and twisted it is. I have never managed to complete the first stage, not being able to upgrade your character before finishing the first stage would dishearten me and I would walk away and forget about the game. I retried the game again last month...

It finally clicked.

Choosing a Royal helped a lot, having magic early on helps you stay competitive while reducing the risks. Getting the Cling Ring in 1-1 is very helpful and increases your health while in soul form.

Now I have finished 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 4-1 & 5-1.

Dragon God was the one I died on most, till I learned the rhythm on that second section and then it was cake.

Tower Knight took a few attempts too, mostly because magic didn't seem to be doing it, so I resorted to melee to beat him.

Any hints for 5-2? The thing that seems to kill me is the lack of movement penalty for those big bastards, that first one kicks my ass, quick

Next I think will be 3-2.

Loving the experience. Each new foray into an unknown zone is nerve wrackingly tense session which I love and hate equally.

Soulhouf

I have tried to get into Demons Souls many times over the past years. It hasn't helped that I am not the biggest fan of D & D no matter how warped and twisted it is. I have never managed to complete the first stage, not being able to upgrade your character before finishing the first stage would dishearten me and I would walk away and forget about the game. I retried the game again last month...

It finally clicked.

Choosing a Royal helped a lot, having magic early on helps you stay competitive while reducing the risks. Getting the Cling Ring in 1-1 is very helpful and increases your health while in soul form.

Now I have finished 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 4-1 & 5-1.

Dragon God was the one I died on most, till I learned the rhythm on that second section and then it was cake.

Tower Knight took a few attempts too, mostly because magic didn't seem to be doing it, so I resorted to melee to beat him.

Any hints for 5-2? The thing that seems to kill me is the lack of movement penalty for those big bastards, that first one kicks my ass, quick

Next I think will be 3-2.

Loving the experience. Each new foray into an unknown zone is nerve wrackingly tense session which I love and hate equally.

Do you have the Thief Ring? That one helps a lot in that zone in particular.
Unless you have a good stability shield such as Purple Flame Shield, avoid fighting in the swamp at all costs.
I recommend finishing the worlds 3 and 4 before doing 5-2 though.

StoneFox

Never really got fully into Demon's Souls because I have heard that there are 2-3 early game items that you have to get to make the game a lot easier. Is this actually the case or should I just play the damn game and forget about them.
You can play the game without worrying about these items. I assume the items people are talking about is the Crescent Falchion in 4-1 and probably one of the rings. The game is manageable no matter how you go about it, you just need to learn the mechanics more than relying on items to win. If you want an easier time in the beginning, you can start with the Royal class that is equipped with some ranged magic from the very start which can help with the more aggressive enemies until you learn how to deal with them using other means.

Do you have the Thief Ring? That one helps a lot in that zone in particular.

Unless you have a good stability shield such as Purple Flame Shield, avoid fighting in the swamp at all costs.

I recommend finishing the worlds 3 and 4 before doing 5-2 though.

Thank you for the advice.

I have two I think ; ) I usually equip thief ring in body form and cling ring in soul form. Plus one other ring dependant on the world I am in. Was using poison resistance in world 5. Not worth it? Suck up the lotus use?

I try to avoid fighting in the swamp. And magic use helps, but still have some trouble. Only using heater shield at the moment, got it to +4 though.

And yes I got that impression too. Lol.

2AdEPT

I have two I think ; ) I usually equip thief ring in body form and cling ring in soul form. Plus one other ring dependant on the world I am in. Was using poison resistance in world 5. Not worth it? Suck up the lotus use?

I try to avoid fighting in the swamp. And magic use helps, but still have some trouble. Only using heater shield at the moment, got it to +4 though.

There are a couple strategies to make 5-2 a little easier.Ring managment is crucial, you will want to situationally use the poison resist, regen, and thief rings. You only need the thief ring at a few choke points. If you do fight the giants (I do not suggest it there is a way to
sneak
by), always do so on solid ground, fighting in the water is futile unless you have a really stable shield but even then I wouldnt do it. You can wear better poison resist armour. Either the black
leather
, or if you must have some defense,
Yurts
set...its heavy-ish though an dyou get better poison resist from the black leather regardless. This will enable you to get poisoned less and you could use the lotuses. Notwithstanding, if you have a ring of regeneration, a
blessed mace
(loot from world 5), make your own blessed weapon, and/or have the
adjudicators
shield, ALL of these items have health regeneration which will nullify the poison drain even if you simpy remian posioned the whole time...Pretty sure they stack too so that if you have the ring, adjudicator's, and the blessed mace you will completely nullify any poison drain. The mace is not as good as it is in Ds2 though so consider keeping a strnger weapon, but having the leather armour, the adjuicator's and the regen ring is enough to get through without using healing or lotuses too much. The mosquitoes go down quicker with
arrows or throwing knives.
Make sure to explore all areas of 5-2..once you get your regen set up goign you can take your time to find all the loot, which is worth it. Pay particualr attention in the area where you start seeing
slugs
. Also make sure to go all the way to the end of the line, even if you find the boss first...there is a very important
short cut
to open in case you die on the boss.

Soulhouf

Poison resistance isn't that effective, so pretty much ignore it and heal with herbs and lotus instead.
You can also use the Adjucator Shield located in 4-1 and the Blessed Mace you found in 5-1 to gradually regenerate your health. That way poison won't be a threat any more.

2AdEPT

Poison resistance isn't that effective, so pretty much ignore it and heal with herbs and lotus instead.
You can also use the Adjucator Shield located in 4-1 and the Blessed Mace you found in 5-1 to gradually regenerate your health. That way poison won't be a threat any more.

great minds think aike ;) although if you do stack the poison ring and black leather armour it can reduce the rate you do get poisoned enough that you can bring 7-8 lotuses and make it through to solid ground and explore the whole level. The mace and shield are gravy and unnecessary if you didnt happen to find them.

Ring management - start out in swamp with poison and regen, switch out poison for thief near the choke point; use a few lotus. Prolly leave regen on and poison off while on the ramps/islands and avoid mosquitoes. Any time you return to water exploration re-don the poison ring, take off theif....until get closer to giants then put it back on in favour of poison.

this was one of my favourite places to drop a sign and help noobs..keep your eye out for summon signs!

Thanks guys.

Was going in with the black armour set on for poison resistance, coupled with the poison ring it was pretty solid and I rarely needed lotus at all.

I have the Adj shield, but am completely weak sauce in strength, haven't put a single point into str!! Am still on 12 I think. So I avoided equipping it even with the tempting regen.

Must have missed the Blessed Mace in 5-1. Although I don't usually pay attention to what I pick up, I just spam X when near shiny and then get that shield back up pronto. Especially as I only went through it once. Might need to check Stockpile just to make sure.

So focus on world's 3 & 4 and then go for 5-2. And when I do balance between Thief's and Poison Resistance rings while trying to avoid the big fuckers!? I don't like leaving enemies alive. More because I have that fear I will backtrack/get lost and forget where they are XD

Can you bless the Crescent Falchion? I haven't even looked into blessing weapons.

Also I have not played either Dark Souls games. Demon's is the first I have picked up, figured it was pointless trying Dark until Demons clicked. So glad I have persevered with this.

2AdEPT

Thanks guys.

Was going in with the black armour set on for poison resistance, coupled with the poison ring it was pretty solid and I rarely needed lotus at all.

I have the Adj shield, but am completely weak sauce in strength, haven't put a single point into str!! Am still on 12 I think. So I avoided equipping it even with the tempting regen.

Must have missed the Blessed Mace in 5-1. Although I don't usually pay attention to what I pick up, I just spam X when near shiny and then get that shield back up pronto. Especially as I only went through it once. Might need to check Stockpile just to make sure.

So focus on world's 3 & 4 and then go for 5-2. And when I do balance between Thief's and Poison Resistance rings while trying to avoid the big fuckers!? I don't like leaving enemies alive. More because I have that fear I will backtrack/get lost and forget where they are XD

Can you bless the Crescent Falchion? I haven't even looked into blessing weapons.

Also I have not played either Dark Souls games. Demon's is the first I have picked up, figured it was pointless trying Dark until Demons clicked. So glad I have persevered with this.

Congrats man...potentially thousands of hours of high quality gaming ahead! Yeah so the cresent falchion already has a magic buff which is mana regen....so no you cant have both...but you could make a blessed falchion if you like that moveset. Sounds like you are doign ok. If you want to kill the giants another option is to get dirty arrows (which I thik are available from the vendors in world 5, but I cant recall if the first one in 5-1 has them, might just be the second one in 5-2, which will require getting by two sets ogf giants regardless. The theif ring would enable you to run away and de-aggro them, then shoot regular arrows, rinse and repeat. Or, if you do fight them, try to aggro one at a time. THis will be easier with the thief ring, but stil very difficult wtht he first island as the island is too small. Thief ring is important whatever our decision.

Congrats man...potentially thousands of hours of high quality gaming ahead! Yeah so the cresent falchion already has a magic buff which is mana regen....so no you cant have both...but you could make a blessed falchion if you like that moveset. Sounds like you are doign ok. If you want to kill the giants another option is to get dirty arrows (which I thik are available from the vendors in world 5, but I cant recall if the first one in 5-1 has them, might just be the second one in 5-2, which will require getting by two sets ogf giants regardless. The theif ring would enable you to run away and de-aggro them, then shoot regular arrows, rinse and repeat. Or, if you do fight them, try to aggro one at a time. THis will be easier with the thief ring, but stil very difficult wtht he first island as the island is too small. Thief ring is important whatever our decision.

I have to say it has been GAF that has made me want to retry Demons again, more than anything. The enthusiasm for Souls games here is above and beyond. I felt there must be something there I am missing. So good to have it click at last, better LTTP than never, right?

So any, not already enchanted, weapon can be blessed? How do I bless a weapon? Do all blessed weapons restore health?

I will return to your post/advice when I return to 5-2.

Already had a foray into 3-2 and got further than I thought I would. Died in a silly way though. Those gargoyles must be a pain in the ass for melee types?

So any, not already enchanted, weapon can be blessed? How do I bless a weapon? Do all blessed weapons restore health?

They all restore health, but only certain weapons can be blessed. You need to upgrade a normal weapon to +6, then use Faintstone to bless it. Most blunt weapons and straight swords can be blessed.

As an added perk, upgrading them further increases how much health they regen. You can become pretty grossly OP if you combine a +5 blessed weapon, regen ring and adjudicator's shield.

2AdEPT

I have to say it has been GAF that has made me want to retry Demons again, more than anything. The enthusiasm for Souls games here is above and beyond. I felt there must be something there I am missing. So good to have it click at last, better LTTP than never, right?

I will return to your post/advice when I return to 5-2.

Already had a foray into 3-2 and got further than I thought I would. Died in a silly way though. Those gargoyles must be a pain in the ass for melee types?
yup...not sure how much you know or dont yet, but you do need to complete level 2-2 and get that red hot demon's soul over to blacksmith Ed, iirc. Then he will help you upgrade all kinds of paths and even do boss souls weapons. You may have already got him going, but if so you want to put him to good use right away.

YEah, GAF was a big part of my addiction to souls games...pretty good community here, and even more traffic and excitement buildng owing to Bloodborne. I am going to finish a LTTP blind run of Shadow of the COlossus, and perhaps make some Demons' or Dark tutorial vids with my pent up frustration of having no Bloodborne yet. Yes, LTTP is fine, you have a comedy of riches ahead where most of us are burned out from time to time, and we always come back, but you good sir have a lot more to look forward to than the rest of us and we are jealous of you for sure.

yup...not sure how much you know or dont yet, but you do need to complete level 2-2 and get that red hot demon's soul over to blacksmith Ed, iirc. Then he will help you upgrade all kinds of paths and even do boss souls weapons. You may have already got him going, but if so you want to put him to good use right away.

YEah, GAF was a big part of my addiction to souls games...pretty good community here, and even more traffic and excitement buildng owing to Bloodborne. I am going to finish a LTTP blind run of Shadow of the COlossus, and perhaps make some Demons' or Dark tutorial vids with my pent up frustration of having no Bloodborne yet.

Have given Ed the Red Hot Demon's soul. Although haven't really used him for much, other than upgrading the Cresent Falchion so far. My toons lack of strength does limit it's choice of weapons. May well be where I spend my next soul upgrades.

Are you saying you have not played SotC at all? You will enjoy that. Wonderful game : )

2AdEPT

Have given Ed the Red Hot Demon's soul. Although haven't really used him for much, other than upgrading the Cresent Falchion so far. My toons lack of strength does limit it's choice of weapons. May well be where I spend my next soul upgrades.

Are you saying you have not played SotC at all? You will enjoy that. Wonderful game : )

I started doing the blind run of SOTC a few months ago. I am an older gamer and only got back into games around 2007 for Oblivon and Fallout 3, then once Demons' came in 2009 I have been catching up here and there, like withthe Witcher series, but mostly Souls. I got a PC for the Dark release, and started recording for Ds2...stilll a noob in many ways, but a friend demanded I do a blind run of SOTC so she could see my reactions....

I did the first level of SOTC and recorded it, but because I hadnt finished recording the DS2 PC stuff, and its hard to switch back and forth, I have been trying to do more pC stuff for the time being....I think I may switch the cables around this week though and then its SOTC and Demons' recordings in preparation for Bloodborne! Keep your eye out if you are interested in SOTC as I think I will start a LTTP thread when I do tthe next colossus.

They all restore health, but only certain weapons can be blessed. You need to upgrade a normal weapon to +6, then use Faintstone to bless it. Most blunt weapons and straight swords can be blessed.

As an added perk, upgrading them further increases how much health they regen. You can become pretty grossly incandescent if you combine a +5 blessed weapon, regen ring and adjudicator's shield.

fixed it for you!

Tarkus

fixed it for you!
01-SolaireAstora-e-Knight.jpg

Keep your eye out if you are interested in SOTC as I think I will start a LTTP thread when I do tthe next colossus.

Will do. Was funny to see someone else wander (lol, intended) off in the wrong direction at the start of SotC, I was actually worried you had forgotten the horse. There is a particular moment I am curious to see in SotC and how/if you like it.

I too am an older gamer. It makes it easier to put games down and leave them till later if they aren't doing it for me. A la Demons Souls. Of which I am starting to see why the complaints of twitchy controls and annoying camera are talked about. Bloody Tower of Latria. I once melee'd a pot to get access to a shiny and the it threw my toon out off the walkway and into the void?!? Like WTF? Lol. Now the little section where you ascend the circular stairs before the first lift up and get jumped by two gargoyles is starting to annoy. When I click L3 to lock on, the game decides I am not able to lock on and pulls the camera to behind me, many deaths have occurred now because of that messed up control system, Urgh!

Those funny coloured lights, like 3 flares on the ground. What's that about? Seen them twice now.

2AdEPT

Will do. Was funny to see someone else wander (lol, intended) off in the wrong direction at the start of SotC, I was actually worried you had forgotten the horse. There is a particular moment I am curious to see in SotC and how/if you like it.

I too am an older gamer. It makes it easier to put games down and leave them till later if they aren't doing it for me. A la Demons Souls. Of which I am starting to see why the complaints of twitchy controls and annoying camera are talked about. Bloody Tower of Latria. I once melee'd a pot to get access to a shiny and the it threw my toon out off the walkway and into the void?!? Like WTF? Lol. Now the little section where you ascend the circular stairs before the first lift up and get jumped by two gargoyles is starting to annoy. When I click L3 to lock on, the game decides I am not able to lock on and pulls the camera to behind me, many deaths have occurred now because of that messed up control system, Urgh!

Those funny coloured lights, like 3 flares on the ground. What's that about? Seen them twice now.
ok Ill keep you updated on SOTC then. Yeah I was having difficulty with the controls at first, but eventually swithched the x and y axis for the camera around and now all should be well for episode 2.

yeah there are lots of places you just cant lock on, that gargoyle spot is one. I just speed run by those guys nowadays though, no real need to kill them, but I can understand if this is your first playthough you want to take it slow and do all enemies.

The coloured rocks are just augites of souls iirc, the developer is reminding you that since these other dudes in the world were using the rocks to mark their path, that this might be a good place to have some of our own. Indeed having shiny rocks to mark your path will become imminently helpful! ALso keep in mind that in at least one key place the pots and urns etc, are covering a place where you can fall off the ledge on purpose, not just covering the odd item.

The coloured rocks are just augites of souls iirc, the developer is reminding you that since these other dudes in the world were using the rocks to mark their path, that this might be a good place to have some of our own. Indeed having shiny rocks to mark your path will become imminently helpful! ALso keep in mind that in at least one key place the pots and urns etc, are covering a place where you can fall off the ledge on purpose, not just covering the odd item.

Do keep me updated with SotC. Send me a pm or something.

I do like to deal with the enemies as I come across them if only to know that I have nothing to fear behind me in case I do need to beat a hasty retreat at some point. Also you then have to wait for the lift to appear before getting properly away. A little bit of wee comes out at that point lol XD

So are you hinting something with the augites there? Are they that useful? I haven't even used one yet. I suppose in a source of light way they could be useful. Do they remain even after deaths? Or is it just at that point where you see other augites that you can use them in some way? Don't answer that one...yet. ; )

The section where I got thrown off the walkway was not just a simple rebound of the weapon off a wall and it slides you off the edge. I was literally thrown about 3 or 4 metres off the walkway it would have been hilarious if I hadn't lost a few thousand souls! And yes I have seen a few obvious little traps like pots near the edge of chasm. Cunning bar stewards at From.

2AdEPT

Do keep me updated with SotC. Send me a pm or something.

I do like to deal with the enemies as I come across them if only to know that I have nothing to fear behind me in case I do need to beat a hasty retreat at some point. Also you then have to wait for the lift to appear before getting properly away. A little bit of wee comes out at that point lol XD

So are you hinting something with the augites there? Are they that useful? I haven't even used one yet. I suppose in a source of light way they could be useful. Do they remain even after deaths? Or is it just at that point where you see other augites that you can use them in some way? Don't answer that one...yet. ; )
Unfortunately my mind is foggy on the augite of souls for Demons' because I never used them (I have a good memory and know the areas like the back of my hand now), but indeed there are areas of 3-2 where a marker stone would help you...i.e. down inthe swamp. There are maze-like paths some of which lead to loot and progress, some dont...so it would be useful for a new player to mark where they have and have not been with the stones. Once they are down they are down for at least a while I would imagine, if not the whole playthrough I think. The colour coding helps memory. I used toget a few in my world if invaders brought them in, but cant recall the duration or if they are there for good... MAybe it gets reset if yo got the nexus? My comment about FROM is that usually any time you see the stones being used, it foreshadows an area where they might be useful.
The section where I got thrown off the walkway was not just a simple rebound of the weapon off a wall and it slides you off the edge. I was literally thrown about 3 or 4 metres off the walkway it would have been hilarious if I hadn't lost a few thousand souls! And yes I have seen a few obvious little traps like pots near the edge of chasm. Cunning bar stewards at From.
Just make sure you look down below those pot areas...there is at least one ledge that has a really good treasure below and the only way to get it is to fall down to its ledge from above. If you are perceptive you can see the glowing treasure from below as you start the level.

I have a good memory and know the areas like the back of my hand now), but indeed there are areas of 3-2 where a marker stone would help you...i.e. down inthe swamp.

Just make sure you look down below those pot areas...there is at least one ledge that has a really good treasure below and the only way to get it is to fall down to its ledge from above. If you are perceptive you can see the glowing treasure from below as you start the level.

I found the swamp the easier part to be honest. I wouldn't say my memory is great but I never had a problem navigating it.

I am not too worried about finding all the shiny in this play-through. I see them sometimes, have a little think about getting them. Then bottle it and decide to focus on getting through.

It has taken me quite a few tries to finally get access to the boss in 3-2 and dear god was that a horrible battle. I died...naturally. Shit went south especially quickly when
the second Man-eater turned up
At least the short cut is open now and I can have some more tries before seeing if I need to summon for help. I still have the Cresent Falchion at +1 is this like bringing a knife to a gun fight in this case? : D

2AdEPT

I found the swamp the easier part to be honest. I wouldn't say my memory is great but I never had a problem navigating it.

I am not too worried about finding all the shiny in this play-through. I see them sometimes, have a little think about getting them. Then bottle it and decide to focus on getting through.

It has taken me quite a few tries to finally get access to the boss in 3-2 and dear god was that a horrible battle. I died...naturally. Shit went south especially quickly when
the second Man-eater turned up
At least the short cut is open now and I can have some more tries before seeing if I need to summon for help. I still have the Cresent Falchion at +1 is this like bringing a knife to a gun fight in this case? : D

HAhh, yeah maneaters were my nemesis on the first playthrough, I had a tough time with flamelurker but I cheesed him with
arrows after he got stuck onthe bones
, then I learned you could shoot the first maneater with
arrows through the fog gate
...I came back on later playthoughs and solo;s d everytign properly, at SL1 once even, but that first playthrough was tough...no souls experience to fall back on at all so did whatever Icould just to get through...

Yeah you may want to upgrade a bit ;) Other weapons can pass the cresent falchion upgraded if you dont pump points into magic. Try to learn which stats govern your damage from the menu and choose a weapon commensurate with te stats you have, or conversely pump stats that your favourite weapon earns bonus from. Try to stay online for the next boss andplay a t high traffic time!

HAhh, yeah maneaters were my nemesis on the first playthrough, I had a tough time with flamelurker but I cheesed him with
arrows after he got stuck onthe bones
, then I learned you could shoot the first maneater with
arrows through the fog gate
...I came back on later playthoughs and solo;s d everytign properly, at SL1 once even, but that first playthrough was tough...no souls experience to fall back on at all so did whatever Icould just to get through...

Yeah you may want to upgrade a bit ;) Other weapons can pass the cresent falchion upgraded if you dont pump points into magic. Try to learn which stats govern your damage from the menu and choose a weapon commensurate with te stats you have, or conversely pump stats that your favourite weapon earns bonus from. Try to stay online for the next boss andplay a t high traffic time!

See Flamelurker wasn't so bad as a magic user. Warding and Soul Ray FTW. Took about 2 attempts to learn his move-set and be able to anticipate him.

I am aware of the cheesing method with Maneater and don't wish to succumb to that, unless I really have issues. When I was first ever in body form and started 2-1, I summoned someone who basically did 2-1 for me, bless 'im. He has now offered to be my back up if I need it. I explained to him that I wanted to attempt the game on my own and then call him if was struggling. So I can always rely on him after a few more attempts solo at Maneater. I may well try some different weapons and see how that works. Picked up the Epee Rapier earlier I may see if that is useable.

Prelude

This game is excellent. It's perhaps the only game that I can play for hours without getting tired or bored.

Anyone of you know of an easy way to farm white character tendency?

This is also my first post in GAF!!

greyshark

This game is excellent. It's perhaps the only game that I can play for hours without getting tired or bored.

Anyone of you know of an easy way to farm white character tendency?

This is also my first post in GAF!!

The only way to increase CT is through defeating the named Black Phantoms (of which there is a set limit through each playthrough) or by beating an invading BP. If your level isn't too high you can just run around in human form waiting to be invaded, places like 4-1 used to have a ton of BP invaders in it.

EasyMode

Any good way to get Hardstone chunks? I need 5 to get my Claymore to +10 :(

Either you hunt down more crystal lizards in world 1-(2,3,4) or 2-2 (assuming there are any left) and hope they drop some, or you farm the miners near the start of 2-2 (there's a tunnel full of 'em). Pure black world tendency would improve the likelihood of them dropping something.

I'm dropping Blue Stones most weeknights as I run through some thief builds. 4-1, 5-1, 3-1, 3-2 are my most frequent spots but I'm willing to co-op with gaffers who message me.

I'm running DEX/Magic, DEX/Stealth and I can be a sidekick or more of a guide if you've never played the level before...or just help you get to and beat the boss quick.

And if I defeat you as the 3-3 boss, I apologize in advance...but it's part of the game, and honestly, I can't tell you how many I've won without a fight because people aren't prepared for the stairs and die...

Roussow

I'm downloading Demons Souls, which I have played quite a bit of, but I've always got stuck on Old King Allant, probably because I was a magic user -- I want to go back and run through it melee, In the Dark Souls games I'd use the Uchigatana alot, but I don't know how that would go in DeS.

Recommend me a rough build for just blowing through Demons Souls, in the easiest quickest way possible. I just want to see all the content. Preferably no stuff that involves world tendency.

VodevilX

Banned
After playing Dark Souls and enjoying the hell out of it earlier this year, and kinda not liking Dark Souls II... Is this game still good to play after DS, or inferior in game mechanics and the like? Although I might imagine it is far superior to DS2.

Being Bloodborne-less, I'm back on DeS, and decided to go for my first SL1 run. 4-2 was kind of a bitch, but Soul Remains came in handy. I haven't touched Latria of VoD at all yet, best for last, but nothing else has really given me any trouble. Not looking forward to Maneaters since I don't think I can equip a bow so no cheesing from the fog door for me :|

After playing Dark Souls and enjoying the hell out of it earlier this year, and kinda not liking Dark Souls II... Is this game still good to play after DS, or inferior in game mechanics and the like? Although I might imagine it is far superior to DS2.
It holds up very well indeed. The menus are a little clunkier, less weapons/movesets and a lot was recycled for Dark Souls, but a more diverse upgrade system (but farming can be a bitch). The atmosphere is solid (maybe the best in the series?) - it has a little "jankiness" around the edges, especially the character movement imo, but it doesn't detract from the whole being a great game and arguably the best in the series (always arguably!)

Jigolo

uhhh hi guyz lttp here:

I just started the game and just wen't full circle around the first warp world and returned to the safe area place. What the hell am I supposed to do?

I skipped this big hole in the floor when you encounter the first arrow dude. So maybe I'll try that next...

I died about 3 times trying to fight this knight with black armor and red eyes. So um fuck that dude..

I read a message later in the world that told me to beware if i pull this certain lever so i avoided that..

How do I "beat" this world? Also how do I better my arm strength so I can use those swords I picked up

EasyMode

uhhh hi guyz lttp here:

I just started the game and just wen't full circle around the first warp world and returned to the safe area place. What the hell am I supposed to do?

I skipped this big hole in the floor when you encounter the first arrow dude. So maybe I'll try that next...

I died about 3 times trying to fight this knight with black armor and red eyes. So um fuck that dude..

I read a message later in the world that told me to beware if i pull this certain lever so i avoided that..

How do I "beat" this world? Also how do I better my arm strength so I can use those swords I picked up

That knight with the red eyes can be ignored. There should be a fog gate near a knight with blue eyes that you can go through. That's the direction you want to go.

The message telling you not to pull the lever was trolling. Go ahead and pull it. If it's the one at the bottom of a stairwell with torch wielding dreglings, it will open up a helpful shortcut.

You beat the world by defeating the boss. After that you can return to the Nexus and talk to the Maiden who can level up your stats using the souls you've acquired.

Jigolo

That knight with the red eyes can be ignored. There should be a fog gate near a knight with blue eyes that you can go through. That's the direction you want to go.

The message telling you not to pull the lever was trolling. Go ahead and pull it. If it's the one at the bottom of a stairwell with torch wielding dreglings, it will open up a helpful shortcut.

You beat the world by defeating the boss. After that you can return to the Nexus and talk to the Maiden who can level up your stats using the souls you've acquired.
Thanks man. Unfortunately I lost 5000~ souls to the guy in black armor and it disappeared. Fuck me

That big hole is insta-death btw. You can go to the area under there but by a different route (you'll have to look in to the world tendencies feature for how, but nothing to worry about just yet).

I've been very lucky to get to co-op people's first playthroughs of levels and boss fights.

(I'm not the best player...and sometimes I'm a Blue Phantom at a LOWER level than the main player...and usually only have a buckler and dagger or spear for melee...which only adds to the excitement.)

I'd be hard pressed to say which is better. Your first playthrough...or witnessing someone else's...especially levels like 3-1 (the whole thing), temple knight, maneaters, 4-2 path to to the boss, stormking, 4-1 with a total newb, and jumping off that plank in 5-1...

haha, just exhilarating.

Pure gaming experience.

Top Bottom