• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathloop delayed to September 14th 2021 (Prev release date: 21st May)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Can’t be a ps5 exclusive if MS keeps delaying it right...
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Xbox versions to launch alongside?

It is an MS studio now.

Wonder what is written in exclusivity contract if they even have one.

Edit: nvm. They have one year exclusivity deal.

Last edited:

Zoro7

Banned
Meant to have Deathloop and Horizon there.

Either way you seem awfully salty that not everyone is always glowing with praise for Sony.
I think it’s pretty obvious covid has impacted all studios. Not just those coming out on PS. That’s what is ridiculous with you having a meltdown.
Like I said before (which you ignored), you can sell your PS5 for a profit right now. So sell up and be happy.

All this doom posting when Sony is dropping two exclusives in the next month

Meanwhile, Microsoft won’t have a next gen game until 2022...but hey, some cross gen game you don’t care about is now day 1 on GamePass
What 2 exclusives is Sony dropping next month? Only one I am aware of is Returnal and that's this month and then the month after with Ratchet and Clank. Not counting FF7 Intergrade because that's an expansion to an already released game with better visuals from last year.

Last edited:
What 2 exclusives is Sony dropping next month? Only one I am aware of is Returnal and that's this month and then the month after with Ratchet and Clank. Not counting FF7 Intergrade because that's an expansion to an already released game with better visuals from last year.

it’s about a month between returnal and ratchet

Renozokii

I mean if it weren't for literal plague related delays happening last minute how would this year not have been? Without COVID we’d have miles morales, demons souls, returnal, gran turismo (probably still delayed), horizon 2, god of war (maybe still delayed), ratchet and clank, death loop, sack boy, and Astro bots of course. What console had a better first year? This would have been legendary. And all of these games will be out by the end of next year plus a few more unannounced ones. We are looking at the best first couple years of a console launch in history to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Will this be on Gamepass (PC) Day One? Could be another funny move by Phil the Torturer.
Ohh shit.

I didnt even think about that.
If Deathloop is day and date Gamepass thats super fucked up for PS fans of the game.

Kuranghi

Good, I've got too much to play anyway, just got Soulstorm and RE8 & Returnal are out in a month. Really looking forward to Death Loop, it sounds like nu-Hitman but with good combat.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Smart decision. May is packed. Deathloop is PS5 only which means that the user install base is minimal and the percentage of that user install base buying Deathloop is even less so. Plus, it still releases a few weeks before the Battlefield 6/COD 2021/Halo Infinite onslaught.

That's that guy's opinion lol. We have Returnal, Ratchet and Clank coming up and whatever else in between to fill the gaps. Happy with my early adoption purchase.

Mid 2022 is when you'll probably find a PS5 in stores, so I guess that's a plus if you're waiting.

Are we still pretending Ratchet is some big game we care about and not something your 5 year old cousin gets to play when he comes over ? And lol returnal. The only 2 games that mattered in may were Deathloop and Resident Evil. And only Deathloop was actually trying to be interesting. RE, while probably a fine game, its pushing the same survival horror conventions for 25 years now. Its a known quantity

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
Ohh shit.

I didnt even think about that.
If Deathloop is day and date Gamepass thats super fucked up for PS fans of the game.

All future Microsoft games will release Day One on Gamepass, so it would be weird not to release Deathloop in the service (PC, of course, maybe XCloud/Gamepass App on TV as well). Obviously hurts Playstation customers to know the game is for free on another plattform. Did you guys hear about MLB and Outriders? ☔

I guess Sony wouldn't have made the deal if they had known about the Bethesda deal beforehand. Really devaluates their investment. And the new release date in fall is also very bad. Won't be a showcase for the PS5 lineup. In the same window numerous big shots will release. May on the other would have been perfect.

Last edited:
Are we still pretending Ratched is some big game we care about and not something your 5 years old cousing gets to play when he comes over ? And lol returnal. The only 2 games that mattered in may were Deathloop and Resident Evil. And only Deathloop was actually trying to be interesting. RE, while probably a fine game, its pushing the same survival horror conventions for 25 years now. Its a known quantity
The Office Reaction GIF

DonJorginho

Banned
I think it’s pretty obvious covid has impacted all studios. Not just those coming out on PS. That’s what is ridiculous with you having a meltdown.
Like I said before (which you ignored), you can sell your PS5 for a profit right now. So sell up and be happy.
I won't sell my PS5 as have tons of great backlog to play through! Am just unhappy with lack of new releases, COVID or no COVID, communication could improve on all fronts.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Ratchet and Clank, GT7, Returnal to name a few. But alright.

GAF needs to add an emoji for brain damage. Like getting brain damage from reading a post.
Ratchet is still two months away (plenty of time to delay it again) and yay a 70 dollar rogue like cant wait :/, cant wait to play gran turismo 7 late next fall. On top of that they have said and shown shit all about horizon or god of war, i dont think those are coming out this year. Lets face it, its a shit fucking year for these new consoles

Last edited:

3liteDragon

Does this delay mean the game will only have a ~6 month exclusivity window on PS5 as opposed to the original 12 months?
Can’t be a ps5 exclusive if MS keeps delaying it right...
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity
Pretty sure when they’re negotiating timed exclusivity contracts, they’ll also account for any potential delays. So I don’t think they do it with a specific release date in mind, rather something like “this game will be a timed console exclusive for PS5 for 12 months after it’s release date.” They don’t have to mention a specific date, so my guess is since it got delayed to September, it’s gonna be a timed console exclusive for PS5 until September 2022.

Perrott

Gold Member
Jim is a liar, I want this man gone by the end of the year.
I Have Spoken GIF by IMDb
It's not his fault that games that games that were on track for a release during PS5's launch window or the first year suddenly got caught in the shitstorm of Covid.

And by the way, that quote of Jim saying that PS5 had the strongest launch lineup in the history of the brand... was true: Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, Sackboy and Astro's Playroom. So I don't know what to tell you other than you should at least try to use your fucking brain when you are criticizing something or talking shit about someone.

Chessmate

Banned
Microsoft should absolutely have this game day one PC Gamepass.

It's probably gonna turn out quite well, Arkane is a very talented studio. Might convince some Playstation fanboys to buy an Xbox in the future, so Deathloop and Ghostwire are nice teasers for Gamepass in fact. Though both games don't seem to be the real number one projects of Arkane and Tango respectively.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If Horizon and God Of War get's delayed...Yikes...I will officially think that I should have probably waited in getting a PS5.

I'm slowly plodding through Ghost Of Tsushima and it's glorious at 60 FPS...looks like I need to drag it out even longer.

Last edited:
Ms told them to delay the game, to damage the ps5, maybe who knows, game was like month away, game should be finshed by now lol

Series X/S launch schedule:

eMpas8P.png
Difference is, MS always said their launch lineup is the strongest because of all the old games you can instantly play on the new system.
Sony was suggesting, you would get exclusive games, you can't paly anywhere else.
And that turned out to be cross gen games and games from a year or two later.

So real bullshit talk
Other than that, you're right of course.
Both had no real launch games

On topic:
Home this gives MS more time to make it come to Game Pass for PC on day one

it’s about a month between returnal and ratchet
So we're not getting 2 exclusive games then next month. It's not about a month between Returnal and Ratchet man.

Returnal Comes out April 30th and Ratchet & Clank comes out June 11th. That is over 42 days in between releases which is equal to 1 month (31 days for Month of May ) and an additional 11 till the actual release date. As far as I am concerned that is not equal to 1 month. but is equal to a month and almost 2 weeks. Check your facts and numbers before you say stuff that misinforms people.

There are no 2 exclusive games next month for the PlayStation 5. There is 1 exclusive this month and the one after the next month and that's fact.

Last edited:

FrankWza

Sure it is. I use Microsoft Rewards to pay for Game Pass. Free.
THATs how you go from a couple of million to 18 million in about a year. I was wondering but someone told me covid.
so it is free...unless you had an xboxone of course

Last edited:
So we're not getting 2 exclusive games then next month. It's not about a month between Returnal and Ratchet man.

Returnal Comes out April 30th and Ratchet & Clank comes out June 11th. That is over 42 days in between releases which is equal to 1 month (31 days for Month of May ) and an additional 11 till the actual release date. As far as I am concerned that is not equal to 1 month. but is equal to a month and almost 2 weeks. Check your facts and numbers before you say stuff that misinforms people.

There are no 2 exclusive games next month for the PlayStation 5. There is 1 exclusive this month and the one after the next month and that's fact.

are you an autist?

Top Bottom